So i'm car-less now because of a Drunk driver

Originally Posted by killahcam06

When u say make a claim on her insurance do you mean exactly? Never been involved in an accident so i'm new to this stuff

Damn, you need to change the title of this thread to "How does car insurance work?"

I'm leaving the office now.  I'll let some other users help you out.

Somebody in office needs to get serious about drunk driving. Drunk driving should be a penalty that requires at least 6 months in jail or something more serious than the classes now. How many have to die under these slap on the wrist laws?

First offense shouldn't exactly be jail time, well extended time. They just really need to get stiff though.

Somebody in office needs to get serious about drunk driving. Drunk driving should be a penalty that requires at least 6 months in jail or something more serious than the classes now. How many have to die under these slap on the wrist laws?

First offense shouldn't exactly be jail time, well extended time. They just really need to get stiff though.

When u say make a claim on her insurance do you mean exactly? Never been involved in an accident so i'm new to this stuff

If shes 100% at fault you should get her insurance info(if you havent already) and either wait for them to call you or you call them and state your claim.

If shes 100% at fault you should get her insurance info(if you havent already) and either wait for them to call you or you call them and state your claim.

first off you should contact your insurance a lot of times they will pay you and then subrogate against her insurance company. in this case your insurance will not go up at all because you are not at fault and the claim will not show up on your records as a collision (at fault) claim. instead it will probably show up as comprehensive (not at fault) or uninsured motorist coverage which most policy carry standard. even if her liability limits are exhausted and you don't get the full value of your car then you can still use or uninsured motorist coverage or comp coverage to pay the rest and have your insurance company sue her. however, the only downside to using YOUR insurance is that you may have to pay your deductible.

first off you should contact your insurance a lot of times they will pay you and then subrogate against her insurance company. in this case your insurance will not go up at all because you are not at fault and the claim will not show up on your records as a collision (at fault) claim. instead it will probably show up as comprehensive (not at fault) or uninsured motorist coverage which most policy carry standard. even if her liability limits are exhausted and you don't get the full value of your car then you can still use or uninsured motorist coverage or comp coverage to pay the rest and have your insurance company sue her. however, the only downside to using YOUR insurance is that you may have to pay your deductible.

i'm sure your insurance will find out whether you tell them or not because insurance companies communicate when there's an accident. i would still make that claim with your insurance letting them know what happened first.

what sucks is that people don't crash their cars after they smoke, yet alcohol is still legal and not the other way around.

i'm sure your insurance will find out whether you tell them or not because insurance companies communicate when there's an accident. i would still make that claim with your insurance letting them know what happened first.

what sucks is that people don't crash their cars after they smoke, yet alcohol is still legal and not the other way around.

12K in damage?  pray they write it off.  i wouldnt want to be driving a car that had 12K in damage repair afterwards.

you will be fully compensated by the lady's insurance company.  of course, provided she has some sort of liability insurance. 

12K in damage?  pray they write it off.  i wouldnt want to be driving a car that had 12K in damage repair afterwards.

you will be fully compensated by the lady's insurance company.  of course, provided she has some sort of liability insurance. 

Originally Posted by beeniemon

Originally Posted by beeniemon

Back
Top Bottom