so im goin 2 rehab in a couple days, what was ur experience like?

I don't post much here but I'm bored @ my sistersw house n wondering what ppls experience was like? I'm goin for 21 days mainly for opiates, alcohol, marijuana. but as of lately Ill do meth, benzos if fam gots it, been thinkin bout heroin 2 when I'm drunk. My parents kicked me out so this is my last resort.

Cliff notes: goin 2 rehab
parents kicked me out, tired of supporting my habits

Never been but good luck.
stay strong g. You can get through it, and you owe it to yourself to get right.

btw, is your opiate an OC addiction?

one of my friends went cause she was addicted to sex, she said it was tough but she go threw it because she met some nice people there.

well good luck bro. hope to see you back here talking about how good yorue doing
pimp.gif

Never been to rehab but I wish you the best of LUCK OP... Stay strong and I hope you beat the vices. It's hard at first but you can def. overcome it.

@maldonado : yes mainly oc but id smoke 30mg percocet too.
@islandfeeling : yes its been on my mind tha past year. I been sober 10 months tha past 4 years, 2 different occasions.

Thanks for tha encouragement ppl, I know I can do it. I thought it was gonna go tha other way haha.

I have a very good friend who has been through it a few times for OC. Good luck my man... I hope it works out.

Yea ill most likely be back, gonna go live in a sober living facility after treatment. wondering if ill try school, either art institue or maybe FIDM if possible

hey. really.

21 days isn't gonna cut it bro.

and you make damn sure that the sober living house your gonna to is actually sober.

do not take my words lightly.
you cannot do this on your own.
you need support. make sure you get it.

i don't sugar coat sh^& when its life and death.
listen to what i said.

Not from my experience but from observing a close friend

You have to really want to change. They'll give you guidelines and structure to get your life back straight, but unless you really want to change then you're waisting your time. So many people go back, and back, and back again. I agree with whoever said 21 days isn't enough.

You'll meet some interesting people, and you'll have a LOT of structure in your life. Lots of group meetings too.

Good luck and stay positive

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Never been to rehab, but sometime soon I want to check myself into an anger management program, good luck OP.[/color]

Just remember that you only get back what you put in when it comes to rehab, or so I've heard.

Never been there, but I have been in your shoes. OC's were a b to kick. Hurting is the worst pain ever
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
Just keep in mind that after you quit, you'll never have to go through withdrawals again. That's something that has helped me stay off that stuff.

Also remember that in rehab, you're learning how to relive your life completely. Addiction isn't really living. It's just putting your life on pause, especially with opiates.

Good luck, but realize that an addict is an addict for life. It's gonna be a rough road, but many people have gone sober and you can as well.

Ay hommie you cant take it lightly.
You won't change unless you want it.
All the kinds words mean nothing unless you really desire to get your life straight.
I have friends that when and came out and stayed clean for a bit but had serious desire to stay clean...

I believe you can just gott have the drive to.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Never been to rehab, but sometime soon I want to check myself into an anger management program, good luck OP.[/color]

I did this before but for some reason it just made me more angry going there and having to listen to this old mans bull lol...

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

one of my friends went cause she was addicted to sex, she said it was tough but she go threw it because she met some nice people there. 
laugh.gif

i know this is a serious topic and your prolly a troll but this reply is hilarious.

Think of it like this...

Addictive habits are short term- they make you feel great, but it's only for a few hours. It's temporary.

Getting off the addictions will make you feel great for the rest of your life. Free yourself from being tied down by things that waste time.

Imagine how much you will be capable of when you get yourself clean, and life in order. Good luck.

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

I did this before but for some reason it just made me more angry going there and having to listen to this old mans bull lol...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The hell? [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] How long did you do it for? [/color]

laugh.gif

Make sure you know this going in - rehab wont single handedly fix anything.

You will. You are in control. Rehab is just the impetus to desire the change.

Good luck OP. You can do it.

Haha xanadu I hear ya dude, I should be all good. I kno tha facility n kno that some ppl aren't sober but that's not going 2 affect me.

@Bjamez20 : I know its time 4 a change, because I don't want 2 start using heroin, I kno 2 many ppl that r down that road n I can't picture myself there so yea

An dee 51o: thanks for tha intel man I'm gonna giviei t my all

If I can stay sober 5 months without treatment I kno I can overcome this with treatment, its what I know I need and will give me tha tools to do so. I will see a counselor once twice a week after too (intensive outpatient), go 2 AA meetings, whatever its going to take. Thanks again for tha encouragement

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The hell? [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] How long did you do it for? [/color]
lol I remember going for like 2 weeks then got kicked out for not wanting to cooperate... I was like 13 though lol , I'm 20 now. Idk why I was such an angry kid 
laugh.gif

your from Auburn, WA?

theres a lot of meth use in the area... anyways, best of luck to you. i hope you pull through and get cleaned up

Good luck and remember YOU are in control. I've kicked a sniffle problem just by NOT hanging around other people who did it.

Back
Top Bottom