So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Inception was Epic!

My theory on it was maybe inception was done on Cobb into thinking that his world was real?

and the most important part was the end... the top spinning was amisdirection: you were too busy paying attention to the top to realizethat Cobb wasn't paying attention to it, for the first time. hedoesn't care anymore. he is happy. the whole thing was masterfulinception to help Cobb overcome his guilt.

Just my 2 cents.

Movie was AWESOME. I'm now convinced that Joseph Gordon-Levitt should play the Riddler in Batman 3.

Movie was AWESOME. I'm now convinced that Joseph Gordon-Levitt should play the Riddler in Batman 3.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

What i dont get is how after juno kills herself in limbo and Leo stays so he can save saito. How does he end up unconscious on the shore?

and why is saito an old man and leo isnt? is it because he died on level 3 of the dream a few minutes before leo and juno went to limbo so therefore he aged like 40 years?
also, what the !!%# ? they make the movie complex enough they don't need to have even more complex names. mal, cobb, adriande or whatever, eames, saito. really? most of the population is stupid enough as it is. but i digress.

We're supposed to understand that Leo woke up from the kick in limbo (though we never really see it happen) and rode at least that ONE kick with them, we don't know what level he dies on, but we're meant to understand he left limbo with Ariadne then died again.  We know for a fact that he drowns in the van, but since we never see him wake there we're to believe he dies on one of the levels below it, but not limbo since he returns to the starting point -- the shore.

Saito is an old @#@ man because he died several minutes before Leo or anyone else went there to join him.  He'd been waiting for what must have been the equivalent of 60+ years to him.

Some of the names are annoying (I hated Mal's name) but I believe some were chosen for their significance in mythology/literature/dream science i.e. Ariadne

I'm not sure what the exchange about the lawyer letter was, I guess I missed it? *EDIT* Ohhhh you mean when she kills herself.  She left her lawyer a letter saying Leo had threatened hers and her kids' life so when she died he'd be blamed for it and they'd take the kids.  She was trying to convince him to kill her.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

I'm glad I learned about the wedding ring thing. Every single point in the movie where Leo is dreaming, he has his wedding ring on. And every single point when it is supposed to be the real world, he has no wedding ring on.

not sure if this is true because i'm pretty sure there's a scene early on in the film when he's "awake" and he has the ring on. i'd also need to look at his hand in every confirmed dream sequence.

i'd have to watch the whole movie over, but i'm not sure if this is true...

seriously.  I went into the theater tonight pretty much only watching for the wedding band.  I'm absolutely positive on this one.  It's on his left hand and is only on it when he is dreaming. 

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

What i dont get is how after juno kills herself in limbo and Leo stays so he can save saito. How does he end up unconscious on the shore?

and why is saito an old man and leo isnt? is it because he died on level 3 of the dream a few minutes before leo and juno went to limbo so therefore he aged like 40 years?
also, what the !!%# ? they make the movie complex enough they don't need to have even more complex names. mal, cobb, adriande or whatever, eames, saito. really? most of the population is stupid enough as it is. but i digress.

We're supposed to understand that Leo woke up from the kick in limbo (though we never really see it happen) and rode at least that ONE kick with them, we don't know what level he dies on, but we're meant to understand he left limbo with Ariadne then died again.  We know for a fact that he drowns in the van, but since we never see him wake there we're to believe he dies on one of the levels below it, but not limbo since he returns to the starting point -- the shore.

Saito is an old @#@ man because he died several minutes before Leo or anyone else went there to join him.  He'd been waiting for what must have been the equivalent of 60+ years to him.

Some of the names are annoying (I hated Mal's name) but I believe some were chosen for their significance in mythology/literature/dream science i.e. Ariadne

I'm not sure what the exchange about the lawyer letter was, I guess I missed it? *EDIT* Ohhhh you mean when she kills herself.  She left her lawyer a letter saying Leo had threatened hers and her kids' life so when she died he'd be blamed for it and they'd take the kids.  She was trying to convince him to kill her.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

I'm glad I learned about the wedding ring thing. Every single point in the movie where Leo is dreaming, he has his wedding ring on. And every single point when it is supposed to be the real world, he has no wedding ring on.

not sure if this is true because i'm pretty sure there's a scene early on in the film when he's "awake" and he has the ring on. i'd also need to look at his hand in every confirmed dream sequence.

i'd have to watch the whole movie over, but i'm not sure if this is true...

seriously.  I went into the theater tonight pretty much only watching for the wedding band.  I'm absolutely positive on this one.  It's on his left hand and is only on it when he is dreaming. 

THE BEST MOVIE OF 2010! HANDS DOWN!

a couple parts were complex but everything else pretty much flowed and made sense for an epic story! loved the ending too!

THE BEST MOVIE OF 2010! HANDS DOWN!

a couple parts were complex but everything else pretty much flowed and made sense for an epic story! loved the ending too!

GREAT movie.
I usually hate long movies, but I didnt even notice the run time.

Arthur and Eames really stole the show, I think.

Leo was good though, like always.

I want to see it a few more times after reading this thread.

I work at a movie theater as a booth projectionist, and I was watching Inception all day.

After further inconsistent, out-of-sequence review:

-Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Arthur being the true leader, since Cobb was unstable. Agreed.

-Arthurs entire hotel level was amazing. Especially the parts that $!%! with gravity 
eek.gif

-Eames level was also good, reminiscent of COD.

-Id give it to Mal.

-The movie succeeded very well in the fact that it made me really think, not just about the movie, but about just life. Which, is a goal all movies would like to accomplish, right?

-Ellen Page didnt annoy me as much as I thought she would.

-Saito was hard to understand at times.

-And Arthur gettin Ariadne to kiss him 
laugh.gif

GREAT movie.
I usually hate long movies, but I didnt even notice the run time.

Arthur and Eames really stole the show, I think.

Leo was good though, like always.

I want to see it a few more times after reading this thread.

I work at a movie theater as a booth projectionist, and I was watching Inception all day.

After further inconsistent, out-of-sequence review:

-Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Arthur being the true leader, since Cobb was unstable. Agreed.

-Arthurs entire hotel level was amazing. Especially the parts that $!%! with gravity 
eek.gif

-Eames level was also good, reminiscent of COD.

-Id give it to Mal.

-The movie succeeded very well in the fact that it made me really think, not just about the movie, but about just life. Which, is a goal all movies would like to accomplish, right?

-Ellen Page didnt annoy me as much as I thought she would.

-Saito was hard to understand at times.

-And Arthur gettin Ariadne to kiss him 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingTon32

Inception was Epic!

My theory on it was maybe inception was done on Cobb into thinking that his world was real?

and the most important part was the end... the top spinning was amisdirection: you were too busy paying attention to the top to realizethat Cobb wasn't paying attention to it, for the first time. hedoesn't care anymore. he is happy. the whole thing was masterfulinception to help Cobb overcome his guilt.

Just my 2 cents.
Same conclusion I came too after watching it 3 times. Either someone else or Cobb could have planted the idea that Cobb himself wouldn't have anymore guilt after the arrangement with Saito was successful, which would bring him back to America with no more charges and be able to see his kids. He feels like he's in reality now, so it wouldn't matter if the totem kept spinning or just toppled.

Originally Posted by KingTon32

Inception was Epic!

Just my 2 cents.
Same conclusion I came too after watching it 3 times. Either someone else or Cobb could have planted the idea that Cobb himself wouldn't have anymore guilt after the arrangement with Saito was successful, which would bring him back to America with no more charges and be able to see his kids. He feels like he's in reality now, so it wouldn't matter if the totem kept spinning or just toppled.

Back
Top Bottom