So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Most serious comment I have ever posted on NT:

Shutter Island has a much better plot twist and deceives the view better than Inception.

Was I the only person who figured out the ending half way through the movie? And come on that ending, are you serious. In the dream state the top is static while spinning. When he finally makes it back home the top begins to spin in a circle and would have fallen but the director decided to mess with the audience by cutting the scene short.

Good movie, but just like most of Nike's releases for the last 6 years, its a lot of HYPE.

Shutter Island has a much better plot twist and deceives the view better than Inception.

Was I the only person who figured out the ending half way through the movie? And come on that ending, are you serious. In the dream state the top is static while spinning. When he finally makes it back home the top begins to spin in a circle and would have fallen but the director decided to mess with the audience by cutting the scene short.

Good movie, but just like most of Nike's releases for the last 6 years, its a lot of HYPE.

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Oh the irony.

I enjoyed Shutter Island a great deal, but youre either kidding yourself or half asleep if you didnt find it predictable.

I had a pretty good idea of what the twist was in Shutter Island almost right away, but its not the main draw of the movie to me anyways. Regardless of predictability I still enjoyed it very much.

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Oh the irony.

I enjoyed Shutter Island a great deal, but youre either kidding yourself or half asleep if you didnt find it predictable.

I had a pretty good idea of what the twist was in Shutter Island almost right away, but its not the main draw of the movie to me anyways. Regardless of predictability I still enjoyed it very much.

Noskey wrote:
ekon one wrote:
**SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS OR GIVE THEIR OWN THEORY TO HELP SETTLE A DEBATE**:

How come Leo and Juno both were able to get into Limbo without killing themselves? I'm a pretty smart guy, but did I miss something? Currently I'm standing by the idea this is a major plot hole.

I think they went into Leo's dream together, not limbo. Then from there, Juno jumped off the building to get out of that dream, but Leo stayed behind to die with the collapsing building. Then he went into limbo alone.

But I'd need to see that whole scene again to be sure.

Nope, they (Juno and Leo) BOTH went into Limbo together as can be seen from the graphic above and it's stated in the movie. The contradiction and major plot hole is that Fisher had died and entered limbo. According to the facts presented in the movie he should have been in Limbo and not accesible to Leo and Juno unless they killed themselves in the third dream, which they did not. Leo and Juno SHOULD HAVE both entered a fourth dream through the "shared dream device", not Limbo.
UnbornSeed wrote:
ekon one wrote:

They plugged into a machine to get to the next dream. Only one in Limbo was Leo when he dies in the van underwater.

Keeping the discussion mature, I don't think you understood this part of the movie. It's clearly stated in the movie that Leo and Juno both entered Limbo after leaving the third dream, I'm backed up by the graphic posted as well. 

Again, I could in fact be the one who was mistaken and missed or misunderstood something in the movie, but I believe I haven't. I think this plot hole actually collapses the whole movie in on itself... 
grin.gif
. Anyone else have any other theories/information I may not have touched upon?

Noskey wrote:
ekon one wrote:
**SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS OR GIVE THEIR OWN THEORY TO HELP SETTLE A DEBATE**:

How come Leo and Juno both were able to get into Limbo without killing themselves? I'm a pretty smart guy, but did I miss something? Currently I'm standing by the idea this is a major plot hole.

I think they went into Leo's dream together, not limbo. Then from there, Juno jumped off the building to get out of that dream, but Leo stayed behind to die with the collapsing building. Then he went into limbo alone.

But I'd need to see that whole scene again to be sure.

Nope, they (Juno and Leo) BOTH went into Limbo together as can be seen from the graphic above and it's stated in the movie. The contradiction and major plot hole is that Fisher had died and entered limbo. According to the facts presented in the movie he should have been in Limbo and not accesible to Leo and Juno unless they killed themselves in the third dream, which they did not. Leo and Juno SHOULD HAVE both entered a fourth dream through the "shared dream device", not Limbo.
UnbornSeed wrote:
ekon one wrote:

They plugged into a machine to get to the next dream. Only one in Limbo was Leo when he dies in the van underwater.

Keeping the discussion mature, I don't think you understood this part of the movie. It's clearly stated in the movie that Leo and Juno both entered Limbo after leaving the third dream, I'm backed up by the graphic posted as well. 

Again, I could in fact be the one who was mistaken and missed or misunderstood something in the movie, but I believe I haven't. I think this plot hole actually collapses the whole movie in on itself... 
grin.gif
. Anyone else have any other theories/information I may not have touched upon?

I loved this movie. Lived up to the hype definitely.

What I hate though is the people who trashed it because they were too dumb to figure out what happened. People are too lazy to think and want everything spoon fed to them. I like movies like this because I think it's rewarding to be able to solve and finally comprehend the themes of the movie and what's really going on.

I loved this movie. Lived up to the hype definitely.

What I hate though is the people who trashed it because they were too dumb to figure out what happened. People are too lazy to think and want everything spoon fed to them. I like movies like this because I think it's rewarding to be able to solve and finally comprehend the themes of the movie and what's really going on.

The thing is the story in Inception was deliberately told the way it was to leave you wondering what happened. The entire movie is just a buildup to the gimmick at the end, and I'm cool with that. I enjoyed it and have read up on and seen enough postmodernist art to appreciate that.

But it's rough for some people to accept that the film is about planting an idea and watching it grow in a person, yet the entire time they're watching the film the director Nolan is planting the idea, the question, "is what I'm seeing real or a dream" in the viewers leaving them confused and wondering at the end. Like Cobb himself says in the film "the inception is most effective when the subject thinks they came up with the idea themselves" and we're left wondering if we came up with these questions ourselves while in reality Nolan and the cast were feeding us those questions the entire movie.

The thing is the story in Inception was deliberately told the way it was to leave you wondering what happened. The entire movie is just a buildup to the gimmick at the end, and I'm cool with that. I enjoyed it and have read up on and seen enough postmodernist art to appreciate that.

But it's rough for some people to accept that the film is about planting an idea and watching it grow in a person, yet the entire time they're watching the film the director Nolan is planting the idea, the question, "is what I'm seeing real or a dream" in the viewers leaving them confused and wondering at the end. Like Cobb himself says in the film "the inception is most effective when the subject thinks they came up with the idea themselves" and we're left wondering if we came up with these questions ourselves while in reality Nolan and the cast were feeding us those questions the entire movie.

ohh and how did michael caine get to the airport in the end so fast? he was teaching in paris and then shows up in the states?

Just gets thrown into the dream theory

ohh and how did michael caine get to the airport in the end so fast? he was teaching in paris and then shows up in the states?

Just gets thrown into the dream theory

after seein dude eat fried rice at the place after being washed up on shore i had a craving for fried rice the entire movie smfh

after seein dude eat fried rice at the place after being washed up on shore i had a craving for fried rice the entire movie smfh

Can someone explain the reason why being in Limbo is so bad? Once you're down there, you just have to kill yourself then you are back to your normal self. Dude and his wife put their heads on the train tracks. The girl and the business guy both jumped off the building and woke up in level 3. He found the Japanese dude and they both shot themselves with the gun on the table.

So what's so bad about being in "limbo"? Too many plot holes in this movie.

It was a great movie, but it seemed like they wrote it as they went along, instead of thinking things through. If you can't die in a dream within a dream because you will be in limbo, but then if you die in limbo you are sent back, then what is there to worry about?

Can someone explain the reason why being in Limbo is so bad? Once you're down there, you just have to kill yourself then you are back to your normal self. Dude and his wife put their heads on the train tracks. The girl and the business guy both jumped off the building and woke up in level 3. He found the Japanese dude and they both shot themselves with the gun on the table.

So what's so bad about being in "limbo"? Too many plot holes in this movie.

It was a great movie, but it seemed like they wrote it as they went along, instead of thinking things through. If you can't die in a dream within a dream because you will be in limbo, but then if you die in limbo you are sent back, then what is there to worry about?

Cant believe no one figured out they inject themselves with dmt. This movie is based on true events

Cant believe no one figured out they inject themselves with dmt. This movie is based on true events

Back
Top Bottom