***So my mom told me her job was out sourced today....***

I would hate to see my mother upset like that. She was getting laid off at her old job after 14 years and she had 2 months notice. Luckily she was able to find another job but I hated watching my mother stress out on whether she would be able to find a job or not in this economy.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

30t6p3b.gif

SMH

credit unions>

You have my sympathy bro. I can't stand big business, but I'm typing this on a macbook so I guess that defeats the purpose. Smh.

My dad was laid off after 30 years at his job. He was director of occupational safety at a construction company. Since he has retired, he has been spending more time with my brother, he bought his dream car (since I was a baby he has dreamed of owning a BMW), and he took a part time job as a courtesy driver at a BMW dealership just so he can drive cool cars...i hope your mom lands in a good place, there is nothing more respectable than somebody who works for a living!

make sure you don't let moms watch this movie
up-in-the-air.jpg

nah but in all seriousness I'm just gonna steal an idea from this movie. Maybe you can encourage your mother to do something that she always wanted to do back in the day; find something that she truly enjoys and didn't have the opportunity to do since she had a family to raise. Hope she pulls thru OP

This is so unfortunate. Sorry to hear that OP. This is why I go to mom and pop joints opposed to big companies.

Yeah its about time for someone in office to get serious about stopping this. It has put how many AMERICANS out of work?

30t6p3b.gif
sucks man....i dont even know what to say

I'd be so pissed and upset if this happened to my mom

This pisses me off.

Wasn't Obama trying to remove tax breaks for companies that outsource jobs? And of course the GOP are blocking it.

Not only do we need to do that, but I say raise taxes on their #$%*% too. $*$$ em. I'm tired of hearing #*$* like this, especially in this economy, and then the GOP have the nerve to talk about the upper class and corporations being "job creators." Sure they are..if you live in India.

Originally Posted by 1focusedfemale

My mother after 37 years of working for a WELL KNOWN bank was told today that her and the whole department will be let go because the job will be out sourced...... She has until april 1st to pack up her desk and leave... They found a company in india that will do the samething MUCH CHEAPER in less hours...... So she is forced into early retirement without full benifits..... Btw she has the years but not the age to retire with full benifits... (Shes 56).... The amount of anger i feel right now.... To hear my mother crying on the phone.... This is NOT right.... I feel bad.... Any kind, uplifting words i could give my mom would be appreciated....

I work'd for a bank for 10+ years, and when a bigger bank took overWe all got laid off Even trained the people india that later took our jobsSucks Bro, I know how it feelsWish your family the best.Took me 2+ yrs to find a job in CA

thats messed up....

like where does she go from here at 56? an put in 37 years with them??

Sorry to hear . Yes like someone said one door close and another opens. I would say go and be with your mom through this tough time.

It's learning lesson that world powers are shifting and you can't depend on one company anymore. It's becoming more and more a WORLD economy since technology and transportation are
getting easier. I mean you buy $2 frozen meal that is made in china and shipped to usa cheaper than you can make it in america. THE WORLD IS NOT FAIR and I can only imagine what your mom is going through. I am sure she feel that is all she knows. I am sure she is strong woman and will pull through.

Yes it is life though. My company hires 80% of staff in Bangladesh because we save literally 80 % of what we would pay someone in western country.

Hope and pray it works out for best for your family.

Back
Top Bottom