so NT whos your NBA player of the decade?

Kobe Bryant, nobody's won more championships, scored more points, sold more tickets/jerseys, attracted more media than the Lakers #24 in the past 10 years.
he's my player of the decade. Duncan's good and he might be the best power forward of the decade but he didnt influence the game the way Kobe did during that decade.

It's like Hakeem and MJ in the 90's

Kobe and its not even close
the haters are out in droves tonight though ( I type that not because of choice, but because of some of you guys's justifications)

IDK why a lot of people are saying Kobe. I can understand the argument with Kobe and Shaq, but how are you going to say that Kobe was the better player than Duncan?

Dude is the greatest PF all time. ALL TIME. He did most of that damage in this decade as well.

Duncan is undefeated in the Finals and has 4 rings while being the #1 option and leader for his team. He also has never missed the playoffs and finished every year in top 5 voting for MVP.

tired.gif
+
indifferent.gif

smh @ the Allen Iverson snub. Come on now...TNT....

Toss-up bw shaq and duncan.

Kobe was one dimensional for the first half of the decade.
Shaq (minus years injured) n duncan were more well rounded and gave you scoring, boards, blocks, assists, etc. By far the most dominant big men since abdul-jabar.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

To all the Kobe people...what is your explanation for him over Tim Duncan?

I can understand an "argument" against anyone else but TD.

Me personally,
1. TD
2. Shaq
3. KG
4. Kobe

5. AI/Lebron

Shaq hasn't even been a great player for the last 4 seasons... $#%# are they talkin about on tnt?
laugh.gif

Id say
1. Kobe
1a. Timmy

Originally Posted by viiheaven

the best power forward of ALL-TIME. You can't often say you witnessed the best player at a certain position, OF ALL TIME. FOR A DECADE.

r2jlza.jpg
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

I want to say Shaq but he was drafted in 1992 and had some of his best years in the late 90s so I'm going to go with Tim Duncan

TD...ok, dude really is the GPFOAT so I can see that.
Shaq...even though he hasn't done anything the last 4 years, I could see where the argument could be made even though I don't agree with it.
But KG over Kobe??? Seriously? You're basketball IQ is under question. You can't be serious.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Lol @ TNT never showing any love for Kobe Bryant. Shaq has sucked the last 4 years....

Kobe didn't leave the Lakers and decide to join a team thats already a playoff contender, he stuck around till they rebuilt to the ground up. I can't say the same for Shaq, considering he still does that till this day.

It just pisses me off how much TNT never acknowledges Kobe anymore. Dude averaged 28 points a game in 01, and just went on from there...Pretty sure he was dominant considering how much smaller he is than Shaq/Duncan.

Shaq has been irreleveant since Miami last won the championship, meaning he's been absent almost half of the decade.
yup i agree. its like they are hypocrites.

shaq and duncan were past their prime in the middle of the decade. i would go duncan over shaq tho.

but kobe was throughout the whole decade

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

It has to be either one of these two guys.

shaq_lakers.jpg

tim_duncan281.jpg

IDK why some of you guys are mentioning Kobe. Dude wasn't even the #1 on his team for half of the decade
laugh.gif

same could be said about either one of the above hypocrite

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

To all the Kobe people...what is your explanation for him over Tim Duncan?

I can understand an "argument" against anyone else but TD.

Me personally,
1. TD
2. Shaq
3. KG
4. Kobe
5. AI/Lebron

lol@ KG please.

this dude had no heart when he was on minny andnever wanted to be the go to guy. then he grew some balls for ONE YEAR in boston and even then he wasnt the man on that team paul pierce was....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

It has to be either one of these two guys.

tim_duncan281.jpg

IDK why some of you guys are mentioning Kobe. Dude wasn't even the #1 on his team for half of the decade
laugh.gif

same could be said about either one of the above hypocrite
indifferent.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

First off...i notice a trend with all the people who take issue with me placing KG over Kobe.  They all have something in common..hmmmmm....

I digress.

The reason for that selection is that KG was the most efficient player in the NBA for a better part of the decade.  He never had Kobes help.  Without Shaq, Kobe would have 1 ring.  Same as KG.  I compare Kobe in 2005 when he had no help to KG's years in Minnesota with no help.  Both had similar results. 

This whole KG not being "the man" on his team is dumb.  Why cuz he didn't take the big shots?  If I had "the greatest shooter of all-time" and Ray Allen on my team, I wouldn't take the shots either.  KG has been an MVP.  Has been a DPOY.  He's contributed more to teams without dominating the ball like Kobe.  Hell, Shaq didn't take many (if any) big shots when he had Kobe or Wade on his team...that didn't make him any less dominant.

I'm not saying you can't put Kobe in the 2nd or 3rd spot...but don't say it's that far fetched that KG isn't above him on the list.  I think ya'll forget when KG was putting up 25, 12, 6, 4 type numbers.

Kobe should be the winner guys, come on. it said "Decade" Last time i checked, Kobe has 4 rings this decade & Duncan has 3...Don't get me wrong, Duncan is the most underrated player OFF ALL TIME! and deserves wayy more credit than he does, but Kobe is hands down the Star, greatest, best player of this decade.

P.S. Had Iverson had a Superstar alongside him instead of Snow, McKie, Mutumbo, Lynch (Which he still carried to countless deep playoff runs also NBA championship series) he would have been top 3. IMO, in his prime, he was the best scorer in the league since MJ days. Easily

Why do people still consider Tim Duncan a PF???

He's G'd y'all for a whole decade!

Anyway...

I can't pick just one. Imo, it's a tie between Shaq, Tim Duncan, Lebron, Kobe, Iverson & Robert Horry (I'm being dead serious).

Originally Posted by RoOk

Kobe should be the winner guys, come on. it said "Decade" Last time i checked, Kobe has 4 rings this decade & Duncan has 3...Don't get me wrong, Duncan is the most underrated player OFF ALL TIME! and deserves wayy more credit than he does, but Kobe is hands down the Star, greatest, best player of this decade.

Duncan was #1 option in all his 3 rings this decade, his team never missed the playoffs, and they were almost always chosen as a team to win the finals.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by RoOk

Duncan was #1 option in all his 3 rings this decade, his team never missed the playoffs, and they were almost always chosen as a team to win the finals.

Didn't Tony Parker win Finals MVP in 2007? 

Mamba, you are correct. Tony Parker won Finals MVP in 2007. Ginobili got robbed of the Finals MVP in the Finals against the Pistons.

Kobe.

Kobe has the hardware and for those who actually follow the Lakers, Shaq starting falling off in 03 and the team was pretty much Kobe's (he averaged the most points and had the run where he averaged 40 points in a month)

Even in the Lakers' off year when they got knocked out of the playoffs or not even make the playoffs (05), Kobe was simply amazing putting spectacular scoring binges (81 point game, 63 against Dallas, etc.) and almost upset the suns in 06.

And how many clutch performances has Kobe put up this decade?

As for Timmy, both are pretty much the same in terms of Chips, All Stars appearances, All NBA Teams, and MVP's. But Kobe edges him out with individual scoring records and individual clutch performances throughout the decade.

I love Timmy and Shaq, but being dominant for half a decade doesn't give you the right to be the most dominant player of the decade.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom