So Supreme decided to release a Japanese benefit shirt

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwel

i HATE supreme...

and here's why..

i went to their lil store they call a "boutique" which adds extra $$ to any item sold already cuz its a "boutique" not a store...i was buying a pair of SB's for my lil brother who wanted a pair... now the box still had the retail price of $68 on it. so im at the register with $70..they ring them up for $105...im like doesn't it say $68 on the box? THE SUMMAMABISH said while he rips the price tag off the box in front of me"OH THAT'S THE SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE...WHAT THEY SUGGEST WE SHOULD SELL IT FOR...BUT WE WANNA CHARGE $105 CUZ WE FELL LIKE IT! i gave him the
indifferent.gif
and walked away saying well i suggested not to buy these...

call me cheap...call me what ever but if i aint messin with them...EVER..
Wahhhh. Welcome to the retail world.
This website is becoming a bunch of whining yentas. Buy the shirt or don't.
I'VE BEEN IN THE RETAIL WORLD PROB LONGER THAN YOU..ITS THE ABUSE OF RETAILERS I DONT CONDONE...

SIG CHECK HOMEY....

SUPPLY & DEMAND...

I BET IF PPL DIDN'T HYPE SUPREME SOO DAYUM MUCH THEY WOULDN'T CHARGE CRAZY PRICES...

I have and never will work a day in retail for as long as I live. I have a career and an actual skill.

i HATE supreme...

and here's why..

i went to their lil store they call a "boutique" which adds extra $$ to any item sold already cuz its a "boutique" not a store...i was buying a pair of SB's for my lil brother who wanted a pair... now the box still had the retail price of $68 on it. so im at the register with $70..they ring them up for $105...im like doesn't it say $68 on the box? THE SUMMAMABISH said while he rips the price tag off the box in front of me"OH THAT'S THE SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE...WHAT THEY SUGGEST WE SHOULD SELL IT FOR...BUT WE WANNA CHARGE $105 CUZ WE FELL LIKE IT! i gave him the
indifferent.gif
and walked away saying well i suggested not to buy these...

call me cheap...call me what ever but if i aint messin with them...EVER..
I'VE BEEN IN THE RETAIL WORLD PROB LONGER THAN YOU..ITS THE ABUSE OF RETAILERS I DONT CONDONE...

SIG CHECK HOMEY....

SUPPLY & DEMAND...

I BET IF PPL DIDN'T HYPE SUPREME SOO DAYUM MUCH THEY WOULDN'T CHARGE CRAZY PRICES...

I have and never will work a day in retail for as long as I live. I have a career and an actual skill.

SIG CHECK HOMEY....

SUPPLY & DEMAND...

chest sounds like the biggest douche that ever lived. you want a cookie bro im sure your parents will buy you one if you ask
grin.gif

SIG CHECK HOMEY....

SUPPLY & DEMAND...

chest sounds like the biggest douche that ever lived. you want a cookie bro im sure your parents will buy you one if you ask
grin.gif

^sounds like his parents already purchased him a future.

at least he's being honest.
I worked retail for a few years, the truth hurts.

^sounds like his parents already purchased him a future.

at least he's being honest.
I worked retail for a few years, the truth hurts.

Originally Posted by Method Man

The incentive for donating to japan through supreme gets you a tee.I do care about japan and if I can get something cool out of it while donating there is nothing wrong with that really I'm not being selfish .I mean you offered the same thing you "gave away" the badge . For instance take a livestrong bracelet/wristband you are donating money and in turn getting a bracelet. 
Those products cost money - and that money is deducted from the donation.  Therefore, it's less efficient than a direct donation.  You don't even know how much is going to Japan and you're still defending it.  
Given all of the above, how on earth can you still claim that all incentives are the same? 

You'd criticize a charity if it were inefficient, but not a charitable fundraiser?  the profits

What supreme is doing is very efficient they recognize they are an extremely popular brand the most effective way for them to get donations is to use their customer base who are into clothes to buy t shirts.they wouldnt get as much money donated than they would have with a direct donation .You even said something like that about the caps.

The incentive for donating to japan through supreme gets you a tee.I do care about japan and if I can get something cool out of it while donating there is nothing wrong with that really I'm not being selfish .I mean you offered the same thing you "gave away" the badge . For instance take a livestrong bracelet/wristband you are donating money and in turn getting a bracelet. 
Those products cost money - and that money is deducted from the donation.  Therefore, it's less efficient than a direct donation.  You don't even know how much is going to Japan and you're still defending it.  
Given all of the above, how on earth can you still claim that all incentives are the same? 

You'd criticize a charity if it were inefficient, but not a charitable fundraiser?  the profits

What supreme is doing is very efficient they recognize they are an extremely popular brand the most effective way for them to get donations is to use their customer base who are into clothes to buy t shirts.they wouldnt get as much money donated than they would have with a direct donation .You even said something like that about the caps.

#%*! supreme

why would i pay 105 or sb's while other retailers sell them for retail 70 bux !

you guys are fools and fuel this hypebeast

#%*! supreme

why would i pay 105 or sb's while other retailers sell them for retail 70 bux !

you guys are fools and fuel this hypebeast

Why don't you go back and actually read what I wrote, because I've explained the distinction a number of times now.  
People are already interested in contributing to disaster relief.  If they weren't, they wouldn't be interested in Japan merchandise.  It's not like ALL of Supreme's products are used to raise money for charity, which would allow them to translate that interest in their products into charitable contributions year-round.  So, you're taking people who have an interest in giving and you're offering them an easy way out by allowing them to buy themselves a present at significant expense in a time of crisis and then sliding an unspecified amount to charity afterward.  You have no idea how much that is, so calling it "efficient" is a real leap of faith.  

It's funny, because so far everyone's talking about the people this is good for in the abstract, how there are "some people" in the world who are too selfish to ever donate and that this is the only way to extract contributions from them.  Okay, fine.... but what about YOU?  Knowing this isn't as efficient as a direct donation, would YOU still prefer this over a direct donation?  If so, why?

The point's a very simple and obvious one:  this is not as efficient as giving directly.  It would be less vulgar to give directly to a relief organization and then staple the receipt to your chest. 

Why don't you go back and actually read what I wrote, because I've explained the distinction a number of times now.  
People are already interested in contributing to disaster relief.  If they weren't, they wouldn't be interested in Japan merchandise.  It's not like ALL of Supreme's products are used to raise money for charity, which would allow them to translate that interest in their products into charitable contributions year-round.  So, you're taking people who have an interest in giving and you're offering them an easy way out by allowing them to buy themselves a present at significant expense in a time of crisis and then sliding an unspecified amount to charity afterward.  You have no idea how much that is, so calling it "efficient" is a real leap of faith.  

It's funny, because so far everyone's talking about the people this is good for in the abstract, how there are "some people" in the world who are too selfish to ever donate and that this is the only way to extract contributions from them.  Okay, fine.... but what about YOU?  Knowing this isn't as efficient as a direct donation, would YOU still prefer this over a direct donation?  If so, why?

The point's a very simple and obvious one:  this is not as efficient as giving directly.  It would be less vulgar to give directly to a relief organization and then staple the receipt to your chest. 

Originally Posted by THIZZLE WIGLE

SIG CHECK HOMEY....

SUPPLY & DEMAND...

grin.gif

You guys are funny. My parents never had money. I never went to college until recently. I made money being a contractor and now studying to be an architect. And I'm not your "bro"

SIG CHECK HOMEY....

SUPPLY & DEMAND...

grin.gif

You guys are funny. My parents never had money. I never went to college until recently. I made money being a contractor and now studying to be an architect. And I'm not your "bro"

grin.gif

keep up the good work bro

grin.gif

keep up the good work bro

Ill adddress the bolded in a minute.
Like I said for a business like supreme who know they move products extremely fast they can raise money faster by selling shirts than they can with direct donation on their site.

The bolded you read but did not comprehend that I said for supreme that it is way more efficient and effective for them to do it that way.They wouldn't get much money from their customer base through a direct drive.You know yourself your children's defense donation wouldn't have made as much if it wasn't for you selling those niketalk hats  .You know from what you have done on this site through various donations the main thing you do is set up some form of incentive your t-shirts,your hats,your sneaker auctions and these badges.So clearly you have practiced indirect donation before and it has proven to be very efficent . The majority of these things you done had a cost and the money you made had to be split up between the shirt manufacturers and other individuals .So you have a history of indirect donations sir and its proven to be extremely efficient on this site .So don't knock supreme for what they do and say its selfish and what not.

Also would I buy a shirt or anything yeah I would. I bet im selfish like the other 9,999+ members who have bought shirts,and caps.

Ill adddress the bolded in a minute.
Like I said for a business like supreme who know they move products extremely fast they can raise money faster by selling shirts than they can with direct donation on their site.

The bolded you read but did not comprehend that I said for supreme that it is way more efficient and effective for them to do it that way.They wouldn't get much money from their customer base through a direct drive.You know yourself your children's defense donation wouldn't have made as much if it wasn't for you selling those niketalk hats  .You know from what you have done on this site through various donations the main thing you do is set up some form of incentive your t-shirts,your hats,your sneaker auctions and these badges.So clearly you have practiced indirect donation before and it has proven to be very efficent . The majority of these things you done had a cost and the money you made had to be split up between the shirt manufacturers and other individuals .So you have a history of indirect donations sir and its proven to be extremely efficient on this site .So don't knock supreme for what they do and say its selfish and what not.

Also would I buy a shirt or anything yeah I would. I bet im selfish like the other 9,999+ members who have bought shirts,and caps.

but donations have been made off site traffic before, thought

and the hat and shirts is something we have been asking for years...

we need decal/vinyls/stickers tho

but donations have been made off site traffic before, thought

and the hat and shirts is something we have been asking for years...

we need decal/vinyls/stickers tho

bigsupa wrote:

Chest Rockwel wrote:

SIG CHECK HOMEY....

SUPPLY & DEMAND...

grin.gif

word. id say making people shell out big bucks when they dont want to is a skill plus if you getting that commission it makes it even better

bigsupa wrote:

Chest Rockwel wrote:

SIG CHECK HOMEY....

SUPPLY & DEMAND...

grin.gif

word. id say making people shell out big bucks when they dont want to is a skill plus if you getting that commission it makes it even better

Back
Top Bottom