So the "Crab Dribble" may be permitted next year? Hmm...Thoughts?

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
The NBA made a rule change for nextseason that will permit the 'crab dribble', which was made famous by LeBron James.

"We're working on it," Joe Borgia, NBA's vice president of referee operations, told the ESPN.com blog Truehoop recently.

"Our traveling rule we've been discussing for a couple of years," he said. "The game has evolved. I don't think the rule has evolvedsince the time of Bob Cousy. But we're also going to probably share it with the NCAA and maybe FIBA, because it would be nice if we could all come up witha similar rule. A similar rule would be great for the players, the coaches, and the officials."

http://realgm.com/src_wir...rab_dribble_rule_change/

"Our traveling rule we've been discussing for a couple of years," he said. "The game has evolved. I don't think the rule has evolved since the time of Bob Cousy. But we're also going to probably share it with the NCAA and maybe FIBA, because it would be nice if we could all come up with a similar rule. A similar rule would be great for the players, the coaches, and the officials."
The nice way of saying, "traveling will be legal in the NBA now"

Originally Posted by acidicality

"Our traveling rule we've been discussing for a couple of years," he said. "The game has evolved. I don't think the rule has evolved since the time of Bob Cousy. But we're also going to probably share it with the NCAA and maybe FIBA, because it would be nice if we could all come up with a similar rule. A similar rule would be great for the players, the coaches, and the officials."
It has been for a while now.
laugh.gif

SERIOUSLY, i think lebron is GREAT, but how good would he be if they called him for traveling everytime he really traveled? i mean seriously, he woulddefinitely have to rely on his jump shot more... being able to take 6 step helps you tremendously when slashing to the basket.

this is good in a way because lebron will not be the only one getting away with traveling now
level playing field
so no advantages for lebron other than the usual HGH

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by acidicality

It has been for a while now.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indeed. but now it's official
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Blah. The crab dribble is a legal move. He just does it sloppy sometimes and travels by adding in an additional step. Especially during that Wizards game.

they're seriously going to change the rules just so lebron can dance through the paint? if that happens, i'm done with the NBA

how bout these bum officials learn how to call a travel...and players do the kobe and dwade and learn proper footwork. anyone else remember when dwade wouldget whistled in international competition like every time he touched the rock?....he def corrected that for the olympics....so its possible. hell most 4thgraders dont walk as much as LeBrick

The 'crab dribble' itself is already 'legal' since most refs don't call it and it's an odd looking move, but the issue is the number ofsteps.

eyes.gif
Not like he got called more than a few times anyways. NBA might as welljust change it to anyone can take 3 steps without traveling.

SMH..

Why don't they just implement dancing into NBA if they even 'discussing' about this ...what a disgrace..

bron just hits the crab 1 2 with his feet, not both together. its barely any seperation but yea it is a travel

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Someone want to explain what a crab dribble exactly is?

I think theres a vid of jalen rose explaining it. Something about post up dribbling cant really remember.

I dont think there was anything wrong with the actual dribbling part. Lebron trying to make the issue the dribble, when it was actually the 3 steps
he took after he picked the ball up.
Mmark jackson used the crab dribble alot. keeping guys on his back protecting the ball. .

Come on Laker fans..... Had Kobe not run into trouble a few years back... Stern would be kissing his %+! more... lol

The NBA is a league of travelers... ALL THE STARS ARE DOING IT!!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom