"...SO what are your weaknesses?" Vol. interview

NT i need yo help! How would you guys answer this Q? it's for customer service position!!

nothing cliche like "I work too hard, etc."....

Thanks
pimp.gif

tell them the truth about your weaknesses and then promptly tell them that you've been working on them and list examples.

I was always prepared for this question. You should mention a weakness and then tell how you're overcoming it (even if its a lie). I always said I was afraid of public speaking and I was overcoming it through taking speech or public speaking classes in college. Don't say anything corny like "I work too hard sometimes" or "I'm too much of a perfectionist," stuff like that will get you dinged. 

I'm always worried about messing certain things up, so I tend to double check things over a lot.

Spoiler [+]
When I have to work with pretty people such as yourself, insert wink here _________
wink.gif
, male or female...Lulz

Small furry animals 
embarassed.gif

Edit: But that's not related to your issue so this is the one you should go for in that job field:
Originally Posted by Luong1209

I'm always worried about messing certain things up, so I tend to double check things over a lot.

Read this thread all wrong SMH
Ok Always looks someone in the eye though I does make me look really stiff which cost me a few things

Say that sometimes you can get "frustrated or discouraged" if the position is about sales.
but always say that it's important to stay positive and understand that every customer won't want to buy whatever you're selling.

You will never get "dinged" for saying something cliche.

If you get nervous on the spot do not hesistate to say "Well i get caught up in work a lot, so some say i work too hard and am a perfectionist which can come off as bad sometimes"

That sounds better then if you say something that you are bad at that is pertinent to the actual job you are interviewing for.  When managers sit down and review the interviews will say "eh he said works too hard" he said "isn't good in stressful situations....or can't public speak...we would like some one that is not nervous in those situations"

I usually give them a real weakness I have/had and then explain the steps I have taken/currently taking to improve on them.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

If you get nervous on the spot do not hesistate to say "Well i get caught up in work a lot, so some say i work too hard and am a perfectionist which can come off as bad sometimes"

That sounds better then if you say something that you are bad at that is pertinent to the actual job you are interviewing for.  When managers sit down and review the interviews will say "eh he said works too hard" he said "isn't good in stressful situations....or can't public speak...we would like some one that is not nervous in those situations"

not entirely true. You know how many times they hear that? Say anything but you have a problem with attendance, you don't adjust well, or you aren't self motivated. Those are the only answers you should stay away from. Anything else is cool. The interviewers aren't dumb, my dude.

You shouldn't say anything cliche or anything that will hurt you in the job. I got this question during almost all of the interviews I had lined up. Expect to get this question and have something prepared in advance.

QFT

OP listen to this man.

I always try to flip that question into a positive. I'll say that I sometimes have too high of expectations from myself.

Basically I say my weaknesses are how I'm too good. Its a BS question so you gotta give your best BS answer.

Originally Posted by Gmills23

I usually give them a real weakness I have/had and then explain the steps I have taken/currently taking to improve on them.

This is what I do as well.

they still ask silly questions like that? basically its just testing your common sense/bs ability

who is actual gonna give a weakness that will cost them the job? everybody knows if you encounter this question you flip it

Last interview I had and answered that question my answer was "I have terrible hand writing". Got a laugh out of the interviewer and she said she also has bad handwriting...

Been in the job for 4 months now BTW.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Last interview I had and answered that question my answer was "I have terrible hand writing". Got a laugh out of the interviewer and she said she also has bad handwriting...

Been in the job for 4 months now BTW.

#bawse answer, famb.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom