So...when did you fall out of your "sneaker collecting" phase?

never really collected just copped shoes i liked & had a stay fresh mentality with my rotation.

smh.gif
i thought i was done for a while... i want the 11/12 pack though.. if i dont get then i will still spend that money on other kicks...
smh.gif
i also just boughtfor pairs of kicks in the last month

about a 1 1/2 years ago during a trip to the Philippines. After seeing little kids begging for money in the streets at 2a.m.

I started in Freshman year high school, and I stopped before junior year started. I'm almost done selling the shoes I dont need. I still buy SB'sthough, but because they're really comfortable.

Ever since I started playing guitar, I stopped caring for buying Jordans.

I was to poor to ever "collect" sneakers, and now that I get money somewhat, I still don't care about sneakers like that, I just cop things Ilike.

when i was dropping 250 on kicks like it was nothing...... i sat back and thought about it and thats hella money good thing i sold them all now i have cheapheat!

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I was never a "collector" I just like having a nice rotation of shoes to wear.

pretty much sums it up. From the age of ten to 14 i must say i was just buying jordans to buy jordans. Once i had to start paying for them myself i just boughtwhat i like. Although i must admit working at a sneaker store still got me copping atleast once per month

[color= rgb(255, 102, 102)]I sorta slowed down on Jordans, which is helping mywallet a lot, and I started buying Nike Sb's like in June of this year. Don't think I'll stop anytime soon, seeing that Nike Sb's are sooo muchcheaper than Jordans.[/color]

Not a phase, i will always have love for kicks. I slowed down a lot just copping "grails" now

I know I wasn't the only one who got those FootAction Gold Member calendars in the mail circa 2000-2001 and would be hyped up to cop the XI's. Idon't regret it in high school because high school was nothing, but a fashion show. At least that's how it was at my school. It would be a given thatthe 'cool' kids would wear the new J's that dropped on the previous Saturday comes Monday.

When I realized that there are cheaper sneakers that are made of better quality.

I stopped right around the point in time that people started to glorify the fact that they were self-proclaimed "sneakerheads," trying SO hard to leteveryone in proximity know they spent bread on shoes.

The minute I saw people start to wear t-shirts with pictures of shoes on them(!%@?), and started taking those pictures where they take one shoe and hold it up,making that guido-esque kissy face- it was a wrap for me.

Don't get me wrong, I still like nice shoes, it's just that I'd rather not be guilty by association.

I got into it at 13 and stopped at around 16....I'm 17 now. I still look at shoes everyday but the part of me that wants to buy sneakers is vapid. I'mstill part of the "culture" cause hiphop, basketball, and sneakers will forever go together.

Ive always been into kicks since elementary school. Really started nabbing retros in 01 when the true blue 3s and black/red 11s came out when I was in 8thgrade. Seven years later, my collection is pretty solid. I have alot of variety but I no longer try to cop whatever I see like I use too. I stay in southFlorida so the whole, shoe collecting thing isnt as popular as say it is in Cali and NY. Im more into clothes now but I still have enough kicks to last me. Iwill never stop buying shoes but its not as important as it use to be. If I didnt get a pair of shoes I wanted back in say 02-04, I would be heated. But now,if I dont get em, I dont get em. No biggie.

i didnt collect kicks i just bought mainly j's cuz i liked them but i bought them to wear them, but my last kicks that i purchased were the 23's thatcame out in february, the thing that made me stop is the cdp's and having to stand in lines at 6 am just to go get some kicks, i dont know why jordan brandmakes it that way they should just make enough to go around for everyone no matter what price they are still going to sell, people purchase them and resellthem at a higher price and jordan brand is the one losing out

Back
Top Bottom