So When Do You See The OKC Winning A Championship? Vol LAL Vs OKC All Night Playoff Games On NBATV

whoa whoa whoa whoa..

some of y'all really can't seriously believe some of the things you are saying right?!?!? like seriously?!?!? (the clippers, really.. like really.. when did those dudes ever win 50 games and/or have a competitive playoff series with any team.. let alone the eventual champions)

how about we examine the makeup of the team:

they have a core of 4 players that they will build around for the future, how many teams can legitimately say that?
(durant, westbrook, harden and ibaka.. if aldrich shows he can be a defensive anchor for that group, he will be the 5th piece)

their roster is extremely young and inexperienced.. so if they can win 50 games in an arguable harder western conference last year, what happens as they mature?
(durant 21/3 seasons, westbrook 21/2seasons, harden 20/1season, ibaka 20/1 season, aldrich 21/rookie.. still got maynor, jeff green, thabo, kristic and mullens who all are good ways from 30)

they will have a ton of assests to make moves going into next season without having to touch their core players
(jeff green is expendable, maynor is expendable, kristic is expendable, thabo is expendable.. pretty much anyone out of the core 4/5 are expendable.. then on top of that they have quite a few expiring contracts: collison, peterson and kristic - each worth around 6 mill)

now how about we look at the other contenders for the next 3/4 years:

the lakers/boston are getting older and older.. and injuries are coming a little more frequently
(only sasha and bynum are under 30 on the lakers present roster.. and when is the last time bynum has been healthy for a whole season?!?!)

how much long can steve nash and the suns keep going? same for the spurs?
(as much as i like duncan and nash.. they are 34 and 36)

portland.. although young, their players are very injury prone
(oden is obvious.. go look at what they were saying about roy's knee before he got into the league)

and the biggest speed bump to the thunder in 2 or 3 years, the heat.. i'm sure the whole arrangement between lebron and wade will work for 1 maybe 2 seasons, but inevitably someone's ego isn't going to be able to take the questioning
(i assume lebron, since everything i've heard about him.. plus, wade has a ring without him.. and speaking of wade, when do his injuries finally catch up to him)

sooo if the thunder can stay healthy (which is a big if), i expect them to be competing for a title in 2 seasons.. with legitimate expectations in 3/4

whoa whoa whoa whoa..

some of y'all really can't seriously believe some of the things you are saying right?!?!? like seriously?!?!? (the clippers, really.. like really.. when did those dudes ever win 50 games and/or have a competitive playoff series with any team.. let alone the eventual champions)

they have a core of 4 players that they will build around for the future, how many teams can legitimately say that?
(durant, westbrook, harden and ibaka.. if aldrich shows he can be a defensive anchor for that group, he will be the 5th piece)

their roster is extremely young and inexperienced.. so if they can win 50 games in an arguable harder western conference last year, what happens as they mature?
(durant 21/3 seasons, westbrook 21/2seasons, harden 20/1season, ibaka 20/1 season, aldrich 21/rookie.. still got maynor, jeff green, thabo, kristic and mullens who all are good ways from 30)

they will have a ton of assests to make moves going into next season without having to touch their core players
(jeff green is expendable, maynor is expendable, kristic is expendable, thabo is expendable.. pretty much anyone out of the core 4/5 are expendable.. then on top of that they have quite a few expiring contracts: collison, peterson and kristic - each worth around 6 mill)

the lakers/boston are getting older and older.. and injuries are coming a little more frequently
(only sasha and bynum are under 30 on the lakers present roster.. and when is the last time bynum has been healthy for a whole season?!?!)

(oden is obvious.. go look at what they were saying about roy's knee before he got into the league)

and the biggest speed bump to the thunder in 2 or 3 years, the heat.. i'm sure the whole arrangement between lebron and wade will work for 1 maybe 2 seasons, but inevitably someone's ego isn't going to be able to take the questioning
(i assume lebron, since everything i've heard about him.. plus, wade has a ring without him.. and speaking of wade, when do his injuries finally catch up to him)

sooo if the thunder can stay healthy (which is a big if), i expect them to be competing for a title in 2 seasons.. with legitimate expectations in 3/4

OKC will win a title before the Heat do. 

I'm lovin the playoff playbacks by the way.  I wish they would do that more during the summer. 

I'm lovin the playoff playbacks by the way.  I wish they would do that more during the summer. 

next season will say alot about the thunder.

either they stay being the nba's title friend zone team and get put out in the first round again, or they improve on their success last season and get out the first round and possibly to the wcf if the matchups work in their favor.

i don't think it's a reach to say they would have a realistic shot beating any team in the west other then the lakers in a 7 game series.

next season will say alot about the thunder.

either they stay being the nba's title friend zone team and get put out in the first round again, or they improve on their success last season and get out the first round and possibly to the wcf if the matchups work in their favor.

i don't think it's a reach to say they would have a realistic shot beating any team in the west other then the lakers in a 7 game series.

Originally Posted by CP1708

alg_wade_lebron.jpg

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

whoa whoa whoa whoa..

Maybe not in wins but they are similiar to the clippers in a sense of potential. Say what you will but that clippers team was hyped up and had alot of potential and promise. The lakers of today was the jazz of that time (team soon to be on the decline). I agree it all depends on the development and what other pieces they can bring to the table.

Alot of ppl saw that lakers match-up and think well they pushed them to the limits so they have a chance soon. Not neccesary true. Certain teams just have another teams number and dont match up well against one another.

Kinda reminds me of how patriots who clearly arent better then the colts, yet pretty much every match up they have the number and will beat them out.

As for the next few yrs i see the powers shifting to the east, and they will reign again. I mean with chi, orl, heat, and all depends on what moves the knicks can pull off in the next few yrs, we could see the east dominating the next 5 yrs or more.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

whoa whoa whoa whoa..

Maybe not in wins but they are similiar to the clippers in a sense of potential. Say what you will but that clippers team was hyped up and had alot of potential and promise. The lakers of today was the jazz of that time (team soon to be on the decline). I agree it all depends on the development and what other pieces they can bring to the table.

Alot of ppl saw that lakers match-up and think well they pushed them to the limits so they have a chance soon. Not neccesary true. Certain teams just have another teams number and dont match up well against one another.

Kinda reminds me of how patriots who clearly arent better then the colts, yet pretty much every match up they have the number and will beat them out.

As for the next few yrs i see the powers shifting to the east, and they will reign again. I mean with chi, orl, heat, and all depends on what moves the knicks can pull off in the next few yrs, we could see the east dominating the next 5 yrs or more.

This guy Kobe Bryant has to retire first. And then they still got the Super Friends in Mia when that happens. But I hope they do because it gives hopes to other small market teams/boring area location teams.

This guy Kobe Bryant has to retire first. And then they still got the Super Friends in Mia when that happens. But I hope they do because it gives hopes to other small market teams/boring area location teams.

I'm excited to watch the Thunder play.. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden can do some damage.. Ibaka was looking good at the end of the last season too. I would have to give them a couple years before they win a championship though. Once Kobe retires they will most likely be #1 in the West imo

I'm excited to watch the Thunder play.. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden can do some damage.. Ibaka was looking good at the end of the last season too. I would have to give them a couple years before they win a championship though. Once Kobe retires they will most likely be #1 in the West imo

Lol at them winning before 5he Heat.

They are a good young team, but realistically looking at the makeup of championship teams, its pretty much the same teams. To say 5 yrs from now is saying alot. Theres no telling what players will not be as good and what not. I know they wont win in the next 3 yrs. Ask later after those 3 and ill do the mext 3 yrs.

Injuries happen, some guys dont become what u expect them to, etc. So, when u dealing woth a young team u have to at least give them a little while longer before determining something like that. I cant see them beating miami or the lakers anytime soon though. Cant even really say they can beat every team in the west playoffs whomever makes it.I see them being good for a long time similar to how dallas is, the kings was, etc. But there will always be a team or two keeping them from winning it all. Plenty of 50-60 win seasons and KD getting awards, thats about it which is good for a small market.

Lol at them winning before 5he Heat.

They are a good young team, but realistically looking at the makeup of championship teams, its pretty much the same teams. To say 5 yrs from now is saying alot. Theres no telling what players will not be as good and what not. I know they wont win in the next 3 yrs. Ask later after those 3 and ill do the mext 3 yrs.

Injuries happen, some guys dont become what u expect them to, etc. So, when u dealing woth a young team u have to at least give them a little while longer before determining something like that. I cant see them beating miami or the lakers anytime soon though. Cant even really say they can beat every team in the west playoffs whomever makes it.I see them being good for a long time similar to how dallas is, the kings was, etc. But there will always be a team or two keeping them from winning it all. Plenty of 50-60 win seasons and KD getting awards, thats about it which is good for a small market.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Prob the Lakers.
ohwell.gif

But there has to be a small market team that replaces the Spurs in the West that actually wins it all. I hope.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Prob the Lakers.
ohwell.gif

But there has to be a small market team that replaces the Spurs in the West that actually wins it all. I hope.

Back
Top Bottom