So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Steezy, my post wasn't directed at you. It's just my general thought on how every time a limited shoe comes out that people can't get, the first thing they do is come on NT and cry about "OOOOH, THE GAME IS RUINED!!!"

Yet next month, when Nike has the next limited release, everyone will be going to stores to try and get it. Everyone will be crashing NDC and Eastbay. Nothing will change, more people will just join the mess.

I've been on NT for 10 years now, and these same complaints have been going on for as long as I've been here.

Supreme Highs
Tiffanys
Grape Vs
Pigeons
Heinekens
Carmines
South Beaches
DMPs
Unkles
Guccis
Any limited Lebron/Kobe
Space Jams
Cool Greys
Concords
etc etc etc

The list goes on and on and on. Yet everyone is always back.

If people don't like it, then stop buying Nikes.

Told myself i was sick of nike's games. Last pair i purchased was the retro grapes. Stayed true to my word.

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Foamposites, if you ain't got them then you're penny loafing...

i see what u did there
laugh.gif
Quoted Wale?

And people disagreed and
laugh.gif
@ me when I said Nike/JB is catering to resellers.

Originally Posted by Antcyalater

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Originally Posted by Antcyalater

They were camping on an overpass that was ACROSS the street from the mall...

You're lying...you mean down by US1 near the Metro?
Nah...actually right on this small bridge:

Ahhh...ok.  I know where that is. 
laugh.gif
  Bunch of clowns.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

i dont understand Nike's logic behind hyping up a shoe and then making it into limited quantities....the brand self sells, it doesnt need any promotion, its +!%*!+ Nike!...furthermore, the sale numbers from these sneakers that cause so much havok is not making or breaking Nike, all is doing is feeding the cancer of the sneaker game, this ridiculous markup resell numbers, putting peoples lives at risk, you even have toddlers out there on line with their stupid parents....what is the point Nike??...the solution is very simple, when a hot shoe releases, just make it a general release at a premium price, **%% it, i rather pay Nike 400$ for a shoe i really like and want but that it would be easily accesible, those who really wnt the shoe, will drop the money, those that dont and just want to make the task of getting the shoe hell, just so that they can charge you 400$ or more will be %%++ out of luck and perhaps they'll attempt getting a real job.

just feels like Nike is just trolling the %%++ out of its young market...
I completely feel you on this but at the same time as a marketing strategy I understand why they do it. Seeing all of these videos & images is basically free marketing. Also limiting pairs makes it so every other release will get hype as well.
I absolutely agree with you though, i'd much rather pay a higher retail price than potentially have to deal with this chaos. 

Azndood21 wrote:
ksteezy wrote:
i dont understand Nike's logic behind hyping up a shoe and then making it into limited quantities....the brand self sells, it doesnt need any promotion, its +!%*!+ Nike!...furthermore, the sale numbers from these sneakers that cause so much havok is not making or breaking Nike, all is doing is feeding the cancer of the sneaker game, this ridiculous markup resell numbers, putting peoples lives at risk, you even have toddlers out there on line with their stupid parents....what is the point Nike??...the solution is very simple, when a hot shoe releases, just make it a general release at a premium price, **%% it, i rather pay Nike 400$ for a shoe i really like and want but that it would be easily accesible, those who really wnt the shoe, will drop the money, those that dont and just want to make the task of getting the shoe hell, just so that they can charge you 400$ or more will be %%++ out of luck and perhaps they'll attempt getting a real job.

I completely feel you on this but at the same time as a marketing strategy I understand why they do it. Seeing all of these videos & images is basically free marketing. Also limiting pairs makes it so every other release will get hype as well.
I absolutely agree with you though, i'd much rather pay a higher retail price than potentially have to deal with this chaos. 

I agree with both of you. I think its really sad Nike only caters to certain regions of the country. For us smaller market areas all we get is GRs. We dont have HOHs or anything like that so we have zero chance at limited releases...

Originally Posted by LDJ

tell you the truth retros ended the game.... its like a classic car... how classic and rare is it really if they remake it let alone 4 5 6 times... its funny about 99% of the ppl complaining about retros etc... are like man im made at these kids getting the retro whatever 7th edition when they have the retro limited whatever edition 5th edition.. after about early 2000's the game use to be about getting the latest new shoe and going thru vintageusa, ebay and what not and finding og shoes you may have missed out on etc...

Not oh imma go out and buy the exact same shoe i bought 3 years ago again cause this time they put it out in limited quantities. or released it in 50 million colors and at a much lower cheaper quality and charge me more.
That's really it...
But the Nubuck XII's really showed Nike how much the Internet was the way to go... I feel that release was a trial run to see if people will buy off of hype and how they could add some fugazy "value" with add-on $+# like a cheap hoody/pinwheel... Them cats are smart

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

So when was the sneaker game officially ruined?
Dec. 9, 1999
What happened that day?
I believe it was February 22, 2005 the release date of the Pigeon low Dunk. The shoe that started hypebeast riots

30t6p3b.gif
@ me.
laugh.gif
You're right krazy.

Dec. 9, 1999 is also the founding day of our beloved NikeTalk. But I don't think he meant NT killed it.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

So when was the sneaker game officially ruined?
Dec. 9, 1999
What happened that day?
I believe it was February 22, 2005 the release date of the Pigeon low Dunk. The shoe that started hypebeast riots

Oh man I remember that..Stussy Dunks and Tiffany Dunks lol. Never got a single pair of any of those.

Just can't believe the madness. Sometimes when I wear my sneaks to work I feel a little anxious about co-workers mistakenly perceiving  me as one of those "charge the mall door early" kind of people.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

This is the same reason I wear a pair of beat-up vans day-in, day-out now.  I'm cool on being a consumer slave, standing in line for  apiece of exclusivity that isn't going to make my life any better.  A lot of y'all need to reevaluate your lives if you really care about a shoe this much.  No man should ever care that much for a piece of clothing, that ain't masculine b. 

Worst post in the thread award goes to air max penny1. You wearing beaten up vans doesn't make you above anybody .These dudes want the shoes obviously they think they are something worth obtaining .youve been posting on on a sneaker forum for years when you could have been cutting wood,fixing cars etc.that ain't masculine b.
Lining up days before hand for a pair of shoes?  Sounds like something the fatherless do to me, maybe I struck a nerve with you.

Man you just can't get off your high horse can you.somebody has no dad because they wait in line for shoes .like how did you reach that conclusion sounds like your making up stuff to sound cool .

after tiffany dunk sbs, it was all downhill for me
this includes espos, NERD dunks...and supremes hitting well over a G.

I haven't bought a pair of new sneakers in years

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by ksteezy

thats why you work at a hospital and not in nikes marketing department. stupid.

Thats a harsh way to say it but megs is right. Nike could flood the market with foams and 11's every month, but only an idiot that doesnt know business would do that. When was the last time you saw a nike commercial for sb's or Jordans for that matter. They let sneaker sites and blogs do all that stuff for them, for free. All it takes is a limited number of shoes that maximizes profits, while not saturating the marketplace. If a shoe isnt limited, in alot of people's minds it isnt hot. Most qs sb's arent hot, but because they are limited people go crazy over them. Somebody posted the altitudes a page back. Those wouldve went to the sales rack if not for being a qs.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by jhobson5

I agree with both of you. I think its really sad Nike only caters to certain regions of the country. For us smaller market areas all we get is GRs. We dont have HOHs or anything like that so we have zero chance at limited releases...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

theres a reason why you don't have an HOH

they spent thousands on research.

Nike ruined the game.

The sneaker game sucks.

Hypebeasts ruined the shoe game.

Resellers are killing us true sneakerheads.

blah blah blah
wah wah wah

Go buy Reeboks if you don't like it.

They're sneakers. It's not a game. There are much more important things in life. Most of you will realize that once you get to your 20's.
airmaxpenny1 wrote:
This is the same reason I wear a pair of beat-up vans day-in, day-out now.  I'm cool on being a consumer slave, standing in line for  apiece of exclusivity that isn't going to make my life any better.  A lot of y'all need to reevaluate your lives if you really care about a shoe this much.  No man should ever care that much for a piece of clothing, that ain't masculine b.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Dec. 9, 1999 is also the founding day of our beloved NikeTalk. But I don't think he meant NT killed it.
nerd.gif

thats exactly what he's saying 
laugh.gif

Steezy, my post wasn't directed at you. It's just my general thought on how every time a limited shoe comes out that people can't get, the first thing they do is come on NT and cry about "OOOOH, THE GAME IS RUINED!!!"

Yet next month, when Nike has the next limited release, everyone will be going to stores to try and get it. Everyone will be crashing NDC and Eastbay. Nothing will change, more people will just join the mess.

I've been on NT for 10 years now, and these same complaints have been going on for as long as I've been here.

Supreme Highs
Tiffanys
Grape Vs
Pigeons
Heinekens
Carmines
South Beaches
DMPs
Unkles
Guccis
Any limited Lebron/Kobe
Space Jams
Cool Greys
Concords
etc etc etc

The list goes on and on and on. Yet everyone is always back.

If people don't like it, then stop buying Nikes.
pretty much dead on; the one thing I don't get is the lull from like 2007-early 2011 where it wasn't absurdly hard to get shoes and now it seems at an all time high

Originally Posted by RawSheed

So funny you bring up the Artist Series.  When the 2nd set came out (Stash BW, Nelly CB's), I waited in line at Niketown NY for about 2 hours.  Didn't get a pair.  A guy said, head over to Stussy, they have pairs.  So I hopped in a cab, went over, no lines.  Picked up both pairs (still have them today).  And these were shoes that were individually #'d to 1000 pairs.  Can you imagine what would happen with a release like this today?  I think it would be worse than the Galaxy's.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

So funny you bring up the Artist Series.  When the 2nd set came out (Stash BW, Nelly CB's), I waited in line at Niketown NY for about 2 hours.  Didn't get a pair.  A guy said, head over to Stussy, they have pairs.  So I hopped in a cab, went over, no lines.  Picked up both pairs (still have them today).  And these were shoes that were individually #'d to 1000 pairs.  Can you imagine what would happen with a release like this today?  I think it would be worse than the Galaxy's.
Espo's and Pharrells in 2004 were the only time I ever lined up for sneakers and that was smooth overall at NYNT...after we graduated from Penn State; I pretty much sold my entire collection though.  I don't have time to wear 50 pairs of shoes; I keep like 10 pairs I wear and if I don't I sell them.

damb...even megatron got murked by these cosmic foams.

I feel that the harsh nature of sneaker culture right now is going back to how it was in '03-'05.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

damb...even megatron got murked by these cosmic foams.

I feel that the harsh nature of sneaker culture right now is going back to how it was in '03-'05.
inaftermegatron's death 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom