So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

Originally Posted by ksteezy

i can guarantee the only dudes with this type of dedication running over each other are doing it with the motivation of flipping them for some ridiculous amount, majority of them dudes dont want them or even like themand those that do a very small percentage will even wear them or get any use out of them, they'll ice them....all logic went out the window
laugh.gif

And what is wrong with that exactly?

In my opinion, Nike is to blame for the sneaker game coming to this, but I can't blame them, I would have done the same thing. If I produced a product that got inferior in material, and I could sell it for almost double the price I sold it for at first, I would sell it to my mother.
laugh.gif
 More specifically for me, the concord release was my last straw, I could take no nike air on jordans, I could take the diminishing materials even, because well- I just stated I would do the same, and after all- its a luxury item anyway. But the concord mess, and the obvious lack of givedambness on nikes part to get true collectors a pair made me sick 
tired.gif
. Didn't even try because of the madness that ensued out here. The most telling part that I am on the downside of the sneaker game was when my Mother gave me a 100$ gift card to Footlocker this year for christmas, and I haven't even used it yet 
eek.gif
, 5 years ago, it would have been gone before the 26th of December
laugh.gif
. I might get the all star game kobe's, but even those are meh. My goal is to narrow my shoe collection to 7 or 8 shoes that I love, and will wear. Have about 20 now, will gradually sell and wear out the rotation until it gets to my desired number, I can't even look at them the same anymore.
Those black cement 3's were no help to my opinion either, I copped the whites thinking it was all good to get the blacks, only to see those jawns 
roll.gif

Tinker on the Jordan 2012 -
"we want these to be so cool. Not everybody on the block will have these. By not making a lot, it kind of keeps the interest higher, and it’s a bit of a strategy."

Originally Posted by moneymike88

So the problem is that people in this thread are confused. The majority of people aren't camping out for the sneaker, they're camping out for the $ that they can make off of the sneaker

Again I ask, what is wrong with that? Some of you (not you in particular) are trying to make this into a right/wrong thing.
Right: Want the shoe because you actually LIKE the shoe

Wrong: Want the shoe because you want to resell?

Why is the first option being praised? As if there is a right or wrong reason to buy something as trivial as a tennis shoe.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So the problem is that people in this thread are confused. The majority of people aren't camping out for the sneaker, they're camping out for the $ that they can make off of the sneaker

Again I ask, what is wrong with that? Some of you (not you in particular) are trying to make this into a right/wrong thing.
Right: Want the shoe because you actually LIKE the shoe

Wrong: Want the shoe because you want to resell?

Why is the first option being praised? As if there is a right or wrong reason to buy something as trivial as a tennis shoe.
There is no doubt that it is wrong, for the very fact that it is coorporate greed at it's finest, but if you are all about that then 
pimp.gif
 I guess 
tired.gif
I do agree with your main point though, the blame is being placed on the wrong people here, can't knock a mans hustle, but $+*# nike.

no doubt in my mind Nike is cutting down on production amounts per shoe but producing more amounts yearly of in demand sneakers...this explains the chaos over recent releases; this is why you see so many wanted Jordan's released per year where you waited minimum 5 years per retro and now it's like 3

def a smart move on their part which explains why there was a lull for a good 5 years and now each release is madness

and the thing with resellers is most of them aren't working jobs which earn a decent income so they got the advantage on us folks working a 9-5 for a quality paycheck but I can't hate; gotta do what you gotta do to survive as much as it sucks for someone like myself but if I really want the shoe then I will just pay resell value within reason

this. There's a direct relationship between the resell value and the amount of people in line for the shoe.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

embarassed.gif
 We were all here once for sneakers... 
how can you be upset that something you call a game is over?

I've always viewed people who call it the "shoe-game" or referred to themselves as sneakerheads the bigest lames.

Ditto. In my opinion, lames are also the ones who have no clue what Jordan did with those shoes and don't even have a history of actually playing basketball. 

$%##$ gotten out of control I used to be able to go to a mall 10-11 am scoop kicks with no problem now its a zoo gotta show up at 5-6 just to get a size God forbid you want your size to actually +!%*$+! wear I wear a 14 %!#* shouldn't even be an issue but resellers snatch up any joint they can get not worth the hassle no more

Explain to me how it is wrong.

People that really want the shoe, have a hard time getting it, because
someone wants to make money off of it. Resellers have no appreciation
for the shoe itself, nor do they care about the people who really like them.
Nike didn't release them for people to sell it to the people they made them for.

I'll explain.  Part of the motive of the reseller is to further reduce the available supply of the kicks on the market.  Check the threads, you have dudes buying 5-6 pairs of concords and foams. 

It's like there is a snowstorm the next day, 5 people buy all the milk out of the grocery store and then post up reselling the milk for $10 a gallon.  You wouldn't see anything wrong with that?  ( or switch out salt or shovels for milk) 

Just don't buy Nike if you have any problems and tell others to do the same. That's all I can say.

I just checked completed listings on Ebay and these are going for ~$1500. That's, on average and taking into account about the expenses of sleeping on a sidewalk for a week (eating out being the biggest one), $1200 in profit. I can't blame those on the sidewalk. I blame the buyers and Nike.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

how can you be upset that something you call a game is over?

I've always viewed people who call it the "shoe-game" or referred to themselves as sneakerheads the bigest lames.

Ditto. In my opinion, lames are also the ones who have no clue what Jordan did with those shoes and don't even have a history of actually playing basketball. 
Couldn't agree more. But when I voice my opinion on this, the younger cats call me an "elitist" and say to me that anyone no matter what age or athletic background can be into shoes.

I counter with "Why would you even be into shoes if you don't like sports and don't even know anything about the guy's shoe you are wearing?"

They reply with their first answer, it's a never ending cycle. Hopefully this subculture that used to be about the shoes and our love for them that has now turned into a popularity contest will die off soon.

Lames

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Tinker on the Jordan 2012 -
"we want these to be so cool. Not everybody on the block will have these. By not making a lot, it kind of keeps the interest higher, and it’s a bit of a strategy."
These will flood the outlets.

Originally Posted by cguy610

I'll explain.  Part of the motive of the reseller is to further reduce the available supply of the kicks on the market.  Check the threads, you have dudes buying 5-6 pairs of concords and foams. 

It's like there is a snowstorm the next day, 5 people buy all the milk out of the grocery store and then post up reselling the milk for $10 a gallon.  You wouldn't see anything wrong with that?  ( or switch out salt or shovels for milk) 

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Nike didn't release them for people to sell it to the people they made them for.
Neither one of you explained to me how and why this is wrong. Why should it be fair game as to who can afford to camp outside to get the shoe? How is it wrong that I don't have a job and have the luxury of camping out and you can't? So I buy the shoe to make some $ and you don't get to touch the shoe. How is any of that wrong? I don't see how any of you are making this out to be a morality play but right/wrong have no place in this discussion. 
Nike released the shoe so people can buy it. They want to sell the shoe. No matter if they sell it to little Timmy who will wear it or Big Keefe who wants to resell it, NIke wants to sell the shoe. In both instances, that desire is met.

So again, how is it wrong?

Those are some ugly $#@ Foams....They look like some sketcher's kids shoes. But, the hypebeasts who could care less about the Penny legacy only see the pretty galaxy print and just HAVE to have them.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Neither one of you explained to me how and why this is wrong. Why should it be fair game as to who can afford to camp outside to get the shoe? How is it wrong that I don't have a job and have the luxury of camping out and you can't? So I buy the shoe to make some $ and you don't get to touch the shoe. How is any of that wrong? I don't see how any of you are making this out to be a morality play but right/wrong have no place in this discussion. 
Nike released the shoe so people can buy it. They want to sell the shoe. No matter if they sell it to little Timmy who will wear it or Big Keefe who wants to resell it, NIke wants to sell the shoe. In both instances, that desire is met.

Nike doesnt make shoes so that others (besides retail stores) can make profit off of them. Ex. Nike makes soccer cleats to be worn to play soccer. Not for somebody to buy them, and then resell them for a profit. Its like buying a car, and then taking everything inside of it out and turning it into a barbeque. Sure I have the "right" to do it, but Im not using it for its intended purpose and therefore wrong. You cant be punished for doing it, but you probably will be shunned by people who could use whatever for its actual use

Did you even read my post?  Or are you trolling right now?

I guess you just have a different opinion of what right and wrong is. 
Nobody is claiming a felony is taking place, the argument is that Nike sells the shoe, at an already much inflated price, the reselling only raises the rsp of the shoes. In other words, if the concords weren't going for 350+ on ebay, do you really think they would have been able to retail @ 180? Ask yourself that question. Nobody saying it aint good business, but wrong is the only word that comes to mind to describe my thoughts on the subject. 

My boy who isn't as into j's as me, was talking to me about the 4s the other day- him - "Hey you gonna cop those 4's?" me- "Not for the prices jordan is talkin bout" him - "well they only 200, better than copping off ebay"

See, now granted he isn't into kicks like me, but my dude really thought that j's retail for 200, and at the current price, what's the difference? 

Now you could go economics on me and say don't buy them - which is exactly what I have done, however, it doesn't change the fact that It's wrong then a mug.

Had to make some for the Galaxy Foam hype. Yeah, I know some if not most are corny. 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
Just getting urked by people asking why I'm not in line for these. First of all, I work and have a life. Second, not feeling these at all. I'd rather cop a few og royals.
30t6p3b.gif
@ some of my friends acting like they're doing big things being in line for more than two days just to get these.

galaxy1.jpg
galaxy2.jpg

galaxy3.jpg
galaxy5.jpg
galaxy43.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N...****&hash=item2ebbcb50cc

Sold For: US $900.00

One of the biggest, if not the biggest shoe release in 2012. The Nike Foamposite One Galaxy. These shoes sold out in minutes!! Please note, that you are not bidding on the actual shoes. You are bidding on the photo in this listing. Don't miss out on this offer! You won't find it anywhere else on the web! Once in a life tome chance. You will recieve these pics 10000 % authentic!

roll.gif

Please don't use the "DC is trolling" card to try and get out of this discussion.

Companies make products so people can buy them. They can give a damn about what you do after, of course they wouldn't want someone to resell them but the bottom line is a sale. Point blank.

Please don't use the "DC is trolling" card to try and get out of this discussion.

Companies make products so people can buy them. They can give a damn about what you do after, of course they wouldn't want someone to resell them but the bottom line is a sale. Point blank.
No, I talked about a single group of individuals artificially limiting the supply of a product.  There is something in fact wrong with that.  For example, the day before school starts at a local college, I go to the bookstore and buy all the copies of a university published book that everyone needs for a class.  I then resell the book for double the retail price. 

That is wrong.  It's not illegal, but it is wrong.  Furthermore, wrong by definition is based upon morals and not necessarily legality.  If your morals suck, there is nothing I can do to change your mind.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom