SoCal Food/Grub Thread

Since everyone in here is obviously into eating good food, if you're down with the Food Truck movement definitely get the iPhone app TruxMap. I've been using it a lot lately and have eaten some BOMB lunches from trucks near my work.

Since everyone in here is obviously into eating good food, if you're down with the Food Truck movement definitely get the iPhone app TruxMap. I've been using it a lot lately and have eaten some BOMB lunches from trucks near my work.

Whoa. Repped.

I see that the app is available for Androids too.

*downloads*

Its most worth it during Dine LA week
I actually went for dinner during Dine LA week. 

I think we got like $7 discount for each person lol.

Dinner is more pricey, but I highly recommend you go for dinner, and not lunch because the extra types of meat that they serve during dinner time makes it worth the extra money.

Last weekend, I went to Baco Mercat in DTLA. Not too formal / Hipster-ish atmosphere.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bäco-mercat-los-angeles-2

Had the hamachi for appetizer. I enjoyed this very very much. wanted to lick the plate :tongue:

My friend and I split the Original Baco and The Toron Baco, which are essentially sandwiches on a very soft flatbread.

I liked the original a lot more. but my friend preferred the Toron.

Original = fried pork belly with beef carnitas

Toron = oxtail hash

I'm definitely going back. I highly recommend this place if you live near downtown!

Birria de Chivo. Tried this out yesterday. It's a bit spicy.

Roscoes Chicken and Waffles. Eat this every week.

Woody's BBQ in Inglewood. The best BBQ spot in So Cal.

Pho

Last edited:
Went to The Little Bear in Los Angeles.Ordered The Little Bear Burger with Belgian fries and Hercule stout. Burger was amazing and beer was good.

Also, chimichangas at Cha Cha Chili. There's one neraby Cal State LA. It's bomb!

Iphone shots from this weekend...

In & Out in Downey: Double double and fries, both Animal Style with a strawberry shake...

Burger Pit in Gardena. Beef Teriyaki Plate, sourdough bread, and a Watermelon Arizona.

Brodard Restaurant
9892 Westminster Ave
Garden Grove, CA 92844

Honestly probably the best place for Nem Nuong. They have a pork spring roll and shrimp one. I can't really decide which one I like the most so I just get both. I have no idea what's in the orange sauce but all I know it taste bomb.
Nem nuong with an order of the shaken beef w/ red fried rice
smokin.gif

YOOOOOOOO...wassup with the man meat/tube steak pic on the first page??? YES ROMO
I reported the post but I guess they haven't done anything about it yet

:wow: :wow: wow

Not sure how that happened. that post is EASILY over a year old and this is the first time i've seen that. Has to be a glitch cause I didn't post that. that pic is supposed to be a pic of a Roscoe's C/W order.

some sandwiches and a breakfast burrito

Larchmont Village Wine Spirits & Cheese - Mid City

Roasted turkey breast, swiss gruyere cheese, arugula, tomato, sundried tomato spread, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar

9/10 - probably one of the best turkey sandwiches i ever had

Lucky Boy - Pasadena

Breakfast burrito - eggs, hashbrown, bacon, pastrami, sausage, cheese.

7/10

Porto's Bakery - Glendale

Pan con lechon - Slow roasted pulled pork, grilled onions, and mojo (cuban garlic sauce), on cuban bread.

8/10

Bay Cities Deli - Santa Monica

The Godmother - genoa salami, mortadella coppacola, ham prosciutto, provolone, lettuce, onions, pickles, tomatoes, mustard, hot peppers.

7/10 - not a huge fan of italian meat sandwiches

Back
Top Bottom