SoCal Food/Grub Thread

Made it to San Marcos... Damn. Phil's is legit. Definitely come back if we were in the area or planning to come to SD.

Ordered the baby backs, beef ribs and El Toro. #FoodOverload

Made it to San Marcos... Damn. Phil's is legit. Definitely come back if we were in the area or planning to come to SD.
Ordered the baby backs, beef ribs and El Toro. #FoodOverload

been there many times. best bbq on the west coast :smokin .... but man sometimes the line is :smh::smh:

Last edited:
been there many times. best bbq on the west coast :smokin .... but man sometimes the line is :smh::smh:
agree but everytime im on my way back down to SD I try to hit up the San Marcos one the longest i've ever had to wait was 5 mins.

There's a "new" (RIP Eva's :rolleyes) soul food restaurant called M'Dear's Bakery & Bistro that opened up recently in Long Beach on Carson just past Paramount. I haven't tried it though.

If your in the mood for some hot dogs and burgers you really got to check out Dog Haus in Pasadena. They use the hawaiian dinner rolls instead of buns which really gives it a different taste combined with the hot dogs.

I stil have yet to try Bear Flag Fish Co, but I got the opportunity to try North Shore Poke Co. in Newport Beach and honestly it was really good definitely worth a try if you trynna get that poke fix. And the homemade Haupia Pie :smokin

I know Thai BBQ Restaurant franchise is real big out in LA and I've actually stopped going there after trying Uncle Tim's Thai House in West Covina. The owner supposedly use to own the Thai BBQ restaurant in West Covina and since then branched out to this location. I honestly think he does a better s1 bbq chicken than the franchise. He has a lot of other good items on the menu such as the garlic ribs. In the picture from the top is the BBQ Chicken then the beef salad and then the garlic ribs.

I finally tried Savoy after it was bookmarked on my yelp for 2 years and it was ok the hainan chicken everyone was going crazy about was ok. What really caught my attention though was the Duck Pizza which is definitely worth a try. And if you do come here during prime lunch and dinner hours expect a wait because the inside occupies probably something like 20 people or less and they do have outside seating which looked to fit probably another 20 or so.

There's a "new" (RIP Eva's :rolleyes) soul food restaurant called M'Dear's Bakery & Bistro that opened up recently in Long Beach on Carson just past Paramount. I haven't tried it though.

Thanks. Good lookin out...

Can anyone put me on some good local soul food spots? #WhereDeyAt
:nerd:

Louisiana sea food in Moreno Valley (close to the mall) right off Pigeon Pass road
Some of the best soul food ive ever tried

Someone else put me on that too. May have to try that out one day...

California Fish Grill off the 91 :smokin

Great food, and even better prices... All that for under $25

Tropicanas Cuban Restaurant in Downey:

Roscoes off Pico

El Pescador in Paramount (I think)

Tokyo Garden in Downey

:smokin

Last edited:
Nick's Deli makes THE best breakfast burritos, no joke.  This is from Yelp.

There's one in Los Alamitos and another in Seal Beach. 

Any recommendations in or around downtown LA, tried Yelp but didn't really help to much with variety. Gf is wants to go to a nice spot so that would be some help.

Here are a few I know of some have been mention

Chinese Delight - North Hollywood

Chiba Restaurant (Japanese/Sushi) - North Hollywood

Thai Patio - Hollywood

El Cholo (Mexican) - Koreatown/Pasadena

The Best Fish Tacos in Ensenada - LA

Pink's - LA

Canter's Deli - LA

Roscoe's - LA

Woodranch (BBQ) - Northridge/The Grove (LA)

Carousel (Armenian/Lebanese) - Burbank

Village Pizzeria - Koreatown/Hollywood

Ocean Star Restaurant (Dim Sum) - Monterrey Park 

Tacos El Compita - South LA

Hangover  (Bar & Korean Grub) - Koreatown AYCD

Food Truck Festival - Santa Anita Park/ Arcadia when its in town a good place to check out great grub over 50 trucks

Toebang (Bar & Korean Grub) - Koreatown 

Father's Office (Gastropub) - Culver City

Killer Shrimp - Culver City

Bossa Nova - West Hollywood

La Taquiza - USC Country

Last edited:
Nick's Deli makes THE best breakfast burritos, no joke.  This is from Yelp.

There's one in Los Alamitos and another in Seal Beach. 
I went to the Los Al location a few months back and left disappointed. :\

If anyone is around the Riverside area try THE SALTED PIG
man their gourmet burgers are amazing and have a wide selection of beers
Can never go wrong with a burger and beer

the past few times i've gone to moreno valley to visit family i've been wanting to go there but it's always packed, had to settle for carne asada fries from armando's in MoVal

the past few times i've gone to moreno valley to visit family i've been wanting to go there but it's always packed, had to settle for carne asada fries from armando's in MoVal

Bro if your gonna get Carne Asada Fries out in MoVal you gotta check out Jillbertos in Riverside its 10 mins away.

Last edited:
Bro if your gonna get Carne Asada Fries out in MoVal you gotta check out JIllbertos in Riverside its 10 mins away.
cool, thanks for looking out, i'll be out there later this month, i'll for sure check it out

thanks

Bro if your gonna get Carne Asada Fries out in MoVal you gotta check out Jillbertos in Riverside its 10 mins away.

preach it brotha! i was gonna say that too. if you went to UCR your diet was Jillbertos Carne Asada fries... then walk across the street and go to Gus Jr. for their JUMBO Pastrami Quesadilla. gosh i wish i was still in college

Back
Top Bottom