SoCal Food/Grub Thread

How come we don't have an official SoCal grub/food thread? We have so many bomb food/restaurants out here, this thread is so necessary.

NorCal's is very useful, I look into it whenever I head up north to try new spots, so let's start one up for SoCal.

I love food. I especially enjoy eating good food. Eating is a hobby of mine.

Let's get this thing started
pimp.gif

I grew up in LA, but I now live in San Diego, so I will start w/Phil's BBQ in Daygo cuz I tried it for the first time when I moved out here late last year, and now I grub their pretty frequently.
Must try's:

el toro (tri-tip sandwich)
5985014034d276e7f710z.jpg

pulled pork sandwich
3569160orig.jpg

beefy ribs
beefyribs9606.jpg

baby bacc ribs
phils1000.jpg

onion rings (best I ever had)
488047080937c45522d5z.jpg

Their side menu is pretty wacc other than the onion rings. They don't have mashed potatoes or mac n cheese. How u not have either one of those at a BBQ joint? They need to add both of those or at least one of them to their menu. Regardless, this place is a must try.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]NOODLE WORLD[/color] - Pasadena, Alhambra, Westwood; [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]SANAM LUANG[/color] (Thai) - Hollywood (SL is Cash only)
- Hainan Chicken, Pad Thai
5ug6q0.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]EL TEPEYAC[/color] - Boyle Heights
- Manuel's Special, Nachos
cmfwn.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]SLATER'S 50/50[/color] - Anaheim Hills, Huntington Beach, San Diego
- Peanut Butter and Jellousy, other random burgers, their specialty is a 50/50 patty which is 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon
20axxdc.jpg

HASH HOUSE A GO-GO - San Diego (or Vegas)
- Sage Chicken and Waffles, other huge plates of food
2njeo0h.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]THE ORIGINAL THAI BBQ[/color] - Hollywood, Cerritos, Fullerton
- S-8 (Beef Satay), S-1 BBQ chicken
r2q0sm.jpg

Random spots...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]TRIEU CHAU[/color] - Santa Ana/Garden Grove
- yellow and white noodles (no pho)... whole in the wall joint, Cash only.  I highly recommend this place if it's a cold, gloomy day and you're not in the mood for Pho.
2zyhf1t.jpg

DIDDY REESE - Westwood
- Cookies, ice cream and cookie sandwiches.  $5.00 will get you A LOT OF treats.  but it's Cash Only
4goxu0.jpg

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

^Great start mike23theking
Let's not forget the usuals:
Pink's
Philippe's
Phil's BBQ
Famous Dave's
Baby Blues BBQ in Venice
Kogi
Umami Burger
Roscoe's

I knew people would come in here and post the "usuals", so I came here to show y'all some other stuff... For the record, I've been to Umami Burger once... it's gonna be the last time I go back. Rather have Five guys or In-N-Out before I go back there.
laugh.gif

oh, and how could I forget...

GREEN FIELD CHURRASCARIA - Long Beach
-All you can eat steak! #MeatLoversDream... $25-30 or so for dinner
-Skirt steak, top sirloin, ribeye, pepper steak, garlic steak, chicken, chicken hearts, salmon, the list goes on... (menu gets longer during a holiday too)
2wpi4gl.jpg

Last edited:
Love me food threads.. (#ForeverFat 
grin.gif
 LOL)
Start off with a place I've recently gone to...(sorry for the lame IG pics)

Alondra's Hot Wings (Paramount, Montebello, Long Beach, & Alhambra)

Everything's really good. Pizza, burgers, wings, pastas, & salads.

(Pictured: Pizza-half gambino (alfredo sauce, chicken, basil), half Godfather (pepperoni, ground beef, ham, sausage). Caesar salad. Garlic Fries. Lemon Pepper wings.) 

2a73b1d089b911e19dc71231380fe523_7.jpg

Will be uploading pics tonight and posting later tonight.

lucilles BBQ is so damn 
pimp.gif

Out in Riverside/Redlands

Romanos (Chicago style pizza)

l.jpg

Tortas Sinaloa (they are everyweher in the IE)
Tijuanas Tacos (best tacos ive ever had, other than the other side of the boarder)

l.jpg

Bearflag Fish Co (Best fish tacos ive EVER had!!!!

3766862651_039e764aae.jpg

More to comes because my %+@ loves food!!!
laugh.gif

TIJUANA TACOS IS THE TRUTH 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 i love it how everyone hypes up king taco but they haven't had a taco until you had tj tacos in pomona/ontario
Asahi Sushi Riverside/Corona

l.jpg

Parks Finest in Los Angeles, CA

l.jpg

Corner Deli Ontario, CA (Pastrami is definitely competing against The Hat and Korean BBQ sandwich is crack)

l.jpg

l.jpg

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

Originally Posted by killak3vin

boiling crab doe

Word to Boiling Crab. Amazing.
It's awesome...
But I prefer Claws up thestreet, north of the 22 on brookhurst at Chapman. less than half the waiting time as well.

Forgot to mention for any of you that are in the IE...

Spot on University around Ottawa/Chicago area (I forget where specifically), but if you take the 91 towards University and head SOUTH away from the freeway (opposite of Mission Inn) you'll find it on the left side.

Spot is called Red Hot Kitchen. IMO, it's Kogi BBQ but in restaurant form and with more options.

I tried their short rib tacos and they seem the same to me, minus Kogi's sauce.

This was legit: Short Rib Chimichanga
x7ehf.jpg

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by 951guero

Romanos (Chicago style pizza)
Chicago style pizza in the IE????
eek.gif

Good lookin out on that Johnny.  DEFINITELY gotta peep that spot out.

+1 for this thread
pimp.gif
yezir; theres there new remodeled location by UCR; you should definately check out the place. A chicago owned, sports theme bar!

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

boiling crab doe

It's awesome...
But I prefer Claws up thestreet, north of the 22 on brookhurst at Chapman. less than half the waiting time as well.

Word? Im a trust u and hit this joint up sometime.

There's so many places in here I got to try, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! $$!**!!*%$!+! salivating over here n %%!#
laugh.gif

sweet factory chocolate covered gummy bears
peep out the covered gummy bears at WINCO its way cheaper than sweet factorys and they got a bunch of other candy in bulk. 

Apple Pan (West LA)
1217263604_apple_pan_ext.jpg

King Torta (El Sereno/Lincoln Heights)

Torta%2BAl%2BPastor2_web.jpg

Jacks and Joe (Near USC)

Jacksnjoe.jpg

The Pantry (Downtown LA)

8148.jpg

Ham Steak and Eggs 
smokin.gif

Nickel Diner (Downtown LA)

nickel-diner-1-bacon-maple-donut-480x360.jpg

Maple Bacon Donut, don't knock it until you try it 
smokin.gif

MGrill (Koreatown)

m-grill-gauchos.jpg

So many others, lot's of Korean BBQ joints in Ktown, Chinese food joints in Alhambra/Monterey Park.  You guys should post locations to some of these places.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

So many others, lot's of Korean BBQ joints in Ktown, Chinese food joints in Alhambra/Monterey Park.  You guys should post locations to some of these places.
Well as far as Kbbq joints go i'd have to say my favorite AYCE one in LA is Road To Seoul. I've tried Manna and Hae Jang as well if there's another one that I need to try out let me know. 
l.jpg

Where are your guys favorite spots for some wings. I go to the usual Buffalo Wild Wings and Wingstop. I don't really care for Hooters wings. I've been meaning to try Alondra Hot Wings but haven't really got around to it. 

Mango Habanero from BWW tho 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

616_1317094220.jpg

Any good places for Wings that yal recommend around the IE area (excluding the usuals BWW, WS,Hooters)

Originally Posted by 951guero

Any good places for Wings that yal recommend around the IE area (excluding the usuals BWW, WS,Hooters)
i've been wanting to check this place out in riverside called hotlanta wings and things but thats the only one out this way that I hear about.

I'm a yelper! so Yelp! is your friend...majority of the time...
Road to Seoul is money, had another KBBQ (can't remember the name) but it was better.

Tahoe Galbi is also good, a little more pricey but a bit more classier than Road to Seoul.  Not that RtS is not classy but they lose points for having pop music loud as #%@% the entire time.  It's hard to have a convo in that place, it's a restaurant not a damn club.  
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

It's awesome...

Word? Im a trust u and hit this joint up sometime.

There's so many places in here I got to try, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! $$!**!!*%$!+! salivating over here n %%!#
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
word, IronMan put me onto J&J a few years back, it's awesome.
I love Claws for the reason I said, it's as close to BC, but you don't get dat wait... 

They also have oysters where you have an option to put ceviche on top... WAOW

Might have to hit them up this weekend actually now that I re-read my reply
laugh.gif

35535930e11cb52a796e38375a61d8ea5a999a6.jpg

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom