SoCal Snowboarding New Season!

Just got back from Mammoth, and it was pretty good. Had to settle there because Mountain High and Big Bear are still closed. Can't wait them to openup. Anyone else itching for this season to start? What gear are u guys using this year?
10535b6640a193b32b9db08dca696ada4717963.pjpg
e8e358e14a5995782dcbb305c1fdce5275cfeb3.pjpg

burton gear and k2 bindings on deck for free
pimp.gif
mt.high needs to get onthose snow makers already for cryin out loud

Wanted to go to Mammoth, but everyone's money is tight right now.

I will probably hit up Mt. High to snap my season pass pic, don't want to wait until the season starts.

I need to pick up a new jacket and pants for this season, everything else will be from last season.

how much are lift tickets at mammoth and how far of a drive is it (i live in riverside)?...since we dont have any snow was thinking about making the trip.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wanted to go to Mammoth, but everyone's money is tight right now.

I will probably hit up Mt. High to snap my season pass pic, don't want to wait until the season starts.

I need to pick up a new jacket and pants for this season, everything else will be from last season.

Yea, Mammoth was pretty expensive. Lift tickets were 83 bucks, but we figured we'd be saving money cuz the gas is cheap. We wanted to hit up Big Bear,but unfortunately they weren't open yet. I'm hoping Mt. High opens soon, cuz I can't be doing these 5 hour drives.

Btw, chefjay, I'm from riverside as well, and I took the 15 north to the 395, and it felt like 6 hours on the way there, and 5 on the way back.

dope dope.
went there on the weekend after opening, but haven't been there since.
i was expecting mt high/bear/summit to be open by now, but what can you do.

btw, valley looks like they are seriously trying to open with their jib park like last year.
well, they've tried like 4+ times already this season, but they blew a decent amount (for a jib park) last night

edit: just checked their cams again, and i retract my statement. looked decent at night though
laugh.gif

damn I havent been back to the slopes in about 3 years
frown.gif

once high opens up, i'll go back up for a run and see how my knee holds up.

btw im in corona (15 / limonite)

Hey anyone know if SkiDazzle in LA would have great deals on snowboard gear? is it worth it?

yes, but basically last year's stuff.
sometimes local shops carry the same stuff for cheap (unless they go to skidazzle. then it's pretty much gone after that),
but if you're not looking for anything specific, it's a good place to go.
except on friday night. PACKED.

^yup skidazzle gets crazy man.

just make sure you know what you want, get it, and get out.

I usually just get my stuff off ebay.

thanks for the advice on skidazzle...so its better to grab items off of ebay? rather than skidazzle....i actually need a board, bindings, boots, pants andjacket (everything)

Originally Posted by ROYALTY D

thanks for the advice on skidazzle...so its better to grab items off of ebay? rather than skidazzle....i actually need a board, bindings, boots, pants and jacket (everything)
you can probably get everything cheaper on ebay but the advantage of skidazzle is that you can try everything on and everything there is stillridiculously marked down. im normally a 11.5 shoe size but ended up going up to a size13 in snowboard boots. so i'd recommend trying on everything you getbefore...unless you know exactly what you need. you also get a free lift ticket to mt. high (i think its mt. high).

^^^ Nah, it's Big Bear/Snow Summit. I didn't even use my pass from last year,
eyes.gif

You can get some good deals. I recommend going to the Active booth and bartering. Slip some of them dudes some $$$, and they will mark down your *#+*. Lastyear, I got some DC Boots that were $200+ and dude marked 'em down to $80.
smokin.gif

I might just skip it this year, my only chance to attend will be Friday afternoon, and it will probably be bananas.

I usually check ebay, craigslist, dogfunk.com and whiskeymilitia.com for deals.

i only go to ski dazzle for the free passes to bear (it comes with your $15 admission) so basically $15 passes, and i just rack em up. there are restrictionsand blackout date....

its a mad house in there friday afternoon...

I saw alot of nike sb (snowboarding) boots when I was hanging out at that outdoor patio they have at the mill cafe at mammoth. And I coulda sworn I saw a nikesb x libtech board. I don't think those were just stickers on a lib tech board. I spotted it as the guy was headed out. Anyone have any info on this?

I'm prolly gonna pass on ski dazzle this year. I also didn't use my bear pass from last year.

Whats up fellas!!! Its that time again! I know we talked about it but, a mini summit? My good homie owns a cabin up in Big Bear off of sugarloaf and it holds11. If any more of yall are interested let me know and im pretty sure he would be down to do it.

As for what im rockin' this year, same set up as last. Moneys been kinda tight.

if you can deal with crowds, go saturday night. or sunday. stores get a bit more desperate to sell things, so they tend to be more willing to bargain
active had 50% off outerwear, 30-40% off boards tonight.
on sunday, they might do that 100 for all jackets, 85 for all pants and might even bump the boards up to 50%.
val surf was 50% off everything once again
pharmacy and zumiez are some of the better spots to go if you want to be able to bargain for a setup.
but other than that, didn't really have time to look around. mainly went to help some friends get some stuff, so didn't get a chance to browse on myown too much.

also, don't forget to redeem your bear/summit pass in the back of the convention center.

Originally Posted by ROYALTY D

Hey anyone know if SkiDazzle in LA would have great deals on snowboard gear? is it worth it?
its crazy inside you just have to look hard to get some deals, last year i got some snowboarding pants for $20 each and snowboarding jacket for$50

I went yesterday to SkiDazzle yesterday and it wasnt as bad. Bought my board, boots, and bindings for $300 at the Utility board shop booth. Pretty decent.

Oh, I'm looking at the free day pass I got from Ski Dazzle. For those of you that got theirs, this only works as a free pass until December 19 right? Italso says "OR, beginning Jan.5, 2009 through the end of the season for a mid-week adult all day lift ticket with the purchase of one adult all day liftticket". Since I'm planning on going either tomorrow or Thursday, I don't need to buy another lift ticket to make the pass useful right? Sorry forbeing a newbie, its my first time going to Big Bear and I've never used this coupon before.

Back
Top Bottom