SoCal Snowboarding New Season!

nope. you should be fine with that alone.
btw, what setup did you get at ski dazzle?

I buy most my gear off e-bay. I copped my DC boots for $40 shipped, brand new. As far as gear, I have a connect that works for Transworld and he sells mesample gear for stupid cheap.

I was gandering around Marshalls the other day and they had some ill snowboarding pants and jackets. I was kind of surprised because I have never seensnowboarding attire at Marshalls.

Y'all should wait until real snow drops, because right now the conditions are not all that.

^^ I got a forum recon board ($150), burton mission bindings ($70), burton moto boots ($50) at the utility boardshop booth. spent another $100 on pants,goggles, and gloves from that general area off to the side. you buy anything?

anyone been to mt. high yet? how is it???

im likely going tomorrow. if i end up going, ill let you know.

hey LORENander, let me know how the conditions are in bear if you snowboard tomorrow. I'm off on friday but im wondering if should go mt. high since i gota pass from snowjam here in sd or just go bear since its alot more fun lol. and how did you get burton boots for 50? damn thats a great price, bought mine foraround 100 last year

i went to high today. snow was decent until 1pm or so. then it started getting a bit slushy. still a FUN day. setup today was skatestyle dfd box, bazooka tubepole jam, rainbow box, c box, skatestyle double-rail, flat box, flat box, flat rail, bazooka tube, podium box.
bear is opening central park tomorrow, summit is opening miracle mile.

and yeah conditions aren't all that, but since snowboarding is a lifestyle (for me) during late fall/winter/early spring, any snow is good snow.

guamsd, i originally was gonna go to bear mtn, but my friend wants to go to mt high. if anything ill hit up bear mtn on saturday. for sure ill let you knowthough. as far as scoring burton boots for 50, i dont know i got lucky i guess. i showed up towards the last days and i guess they reduced prices even more sothey could get rid of their inventory.

***BREAKING NEWS****

Bear is expecting snow this weekend! Would be a perfect time to go, preferablly Sunday since the snow is expected to fall on Saturday.

The forecast has been calling for snow from Sunday through Thursday afternoon,
smokin.gif

i'm going to be in mammoth during that time.
last year, it snowed 3-4 feet over night and another 1-2 while we were riding
i hope it's not like that again. visibility was horrible

went to mt high today at 9. snow was choppy, especially in the early afternoon. good thing it wasnt packed in terms of people. not bad for 40 bucks though.

Originally Posted by LORENander

went to mt high today at 9. snow was choppy, especially in the early afternoon. good thing it wasnt packed in terms of people. not bad for 40 bucks though.

hate to be captain negative, but I dont understand how people can ride at Mountain High. Personally I think the place is TRASH, I will never go there again.The mountain is so small and you really never get to enjoy your ride, and then to deal with the slow lifts is annoying. Lets not forget the amount of poserswho go there just to show off their expensive gear, and cant ride for sh** Sorry folks, I had to vent.

on a brighter note, I will be heading to Tahoe sometime in January. What places in Tahoe do you guys recommend other than Squaw, Heavenly, and Kirkland. I wantto try something new.

i have no complaints at high, you make the most of your expierence, you ride to ride.

for me the place is just very conveinent. once a big storm comes that place is picture perfect beautiful.

every place is the same, theres always going to be people tryna show off their $800 snowboarding gear, but who cares we're all there for the same reason,enjoy the snow, forget your problems and just ride.

Yea, I'm waiting for a big storm to pass through before I go to Mt. High... Feels like it's still too warm though...

snowed a bit today at high.
and solesavage, people are like that everywhere. i think your biased opinion has led you to believe that, or rather, to look for faults on themountain. it may be a small resort, but the ease of the drive keeps it in balance. and i don't know what you mean by "slow" lifts. all two-seaterlifts are that slow. if you ride a quad, it's also the same everywhere.
mammoth/tahoe/bear are fun and bigger, but that doesn't make mt high any less fun and any less of a resort. fun to ride around with friends & theirpark is usually on point. i mean, if people want long open runs, then of course, mt high really isn't the place for you (although there is east).
but for the people that aren't weekend warriors (not saying you are), it's still really fun and gets the job done.

and tahoe has northstar and boreal as well. but i'd say northstar over boreal

***BREAKING NEWS****

Bear is expecting snow this weekend! Would be a perfect time to go, preferablly Sunday since the snow is expected to fall on Saturday.

Anyone been whos been in the past couple days, hows the snow when you went? i might go tomorrow.

i have no complaints at high, you make the most of your expierence, you ride to ride.
Me neither, plus I got my season pass this year for the first time, saves me a ton of $$$.

Mammoth is nice, but personally it is at least a $300+ trip,
smh.gif
. Wish I had the cash to blow like that, but I don't. Even if I did, I wouldn't blowcash like that. Bear is cool, but the drive to Mt. High is just easier.

There are posers everywhere you go. The park is small, but all the posers are on the bunny slopes,
smokin.gif
. Tahoe is just as bad, so good luck.

I need to get some experience with chains. I used to go with one of my boys everytime snow was about to hit, but he is getting flaky. I'm buying chainsfor my Eclipse, I hate driving in a snowstorm, and I have never put chains on
ohwell.gif
. Planning on going to Mt. High this Sunday, but a storm might roll in.

damn ironman make sure you get the proper chains and learn how to put em on in advance (its pretty easy).

but i had a bad expereince maybe 4 yrs ago when we had those insane storms hit, my homie said lets roll so we packed our boards in my c320 benz
sick.gif
and headedup the mountain but as we get almost 10 mins away from the opening of high a huge blizzard hits and theres about 4 cars stuck in the snow, so we get out to puton the chains but the chains plus the gap we had to clip the chains plus the freezing temps plus the horrible conditions made us trapped up there for almost 3hours
smh.gif

to make a long story short we got the chains on, decided to turn around and head back home and the next week i traded in my whip for a 4x4 truck
laugh.gif

get some gardening gloves or something with grip on the fingers. it helps a lot when youre trying to put chains/cables on when its freezing out.
and it might suck for your passengers, but turn the car off. if it takes a while to put the chains on in freezing temperatures, the water in your gas lines canfreeze

laugh.gif
yeah but we were so hyped about the storm all we brought were our gloves that were thin as hell.

lesson learned, that blizzard was insane, we're probably never going to get them like that again
frown.gif

hahahh yeah that year was great
we're supposed to get dumped on this week though. nothing like that season, but at least it's something haha

Just got back in from Park City yesterday and it feels good to come home to a storm.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
We rode Snowbird, Park City Mountain and The Canyons. Those mountains were huuuuuuuge. (no @#!@) 3 resorts in 3 days
pimp.gif
Nothing beats free lift tickets as well. Ill post up pictures when I get the chance to upload them. Conditions werent up to par for Utah standards, but theysure as hell were 10X better than anything down here. I miss it already. Planning on going up to Tahoe towards New Years as well and then Mammoth againaround 2nd week of January. Its beginning to look like a good season for me. Oh yeah ill be at Mt High in between weekends every week so catch me on the flyover there.

anyone know where can i get some cheap snow chains? im looking to head up to bear mtn tomorrow since i couldnt go saturday.

Originally Posted by do12jet

i'm going to be in mammoth during that time.
last year, it snowed 3-4 feet over night and another 1-2 while we were riding
i hope it's not like that again. visibility was horrible

i was probably there at the same time. we couldn't leave sunday afternoon because they closed the roads. agreed, the visibility was horrible that weekend;i couldn't see 5 feet in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom