** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

The real chivas jersey
estas-seran-las-nuevas-playeras-del-rebano.jpg

Hey my soccerheads,

need help finding cleats.  have been looking for vapors that were out about ~5-6 years ago, like the ones below. Size 9.5-10.

nike-mercurial-vapor-ii-firm-ground-gold-.jpg

figured this would be the best place to post this.

Hey my soccerheads,

need help finding cleats.  have been looking for vapors that were out about ~5-6 years ago, like the ones below. Size 9.5-10.

nike-mercurial-vapor-ii-firm-ground-gold-.jpg

figured this would be the best place to post this.

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

I'm still surprised that the Bundesliga isn't dominated by adidas and Puma. Then again, the MLS is sponsored entirely by adidas instead of Nike, so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.

I think Puma just put more focus on national teams rather than club teams since you really can't compete in Germany against Adidas. Puma been doing nice with African national teams. I think they just start to sponsor South Africa National Team as well. I think just about every country in Africa is now sponsored by Puma, plus they got that Italy sponsorship going strong. 

I miss when Nike used to sponsor some of MLS teams like Galaxy and Chicago Fire. But I understand the situation with MLS and their Adidas sponsorship, it helped the league in terms of money wise. Sounders and Timbers used to get their kits from Nike in their USL days. Timbers jersey with Toyota logo on it wasn't too bad of looking even though it was a generic total 90 kit 
laugh.gif

By the way, the Chinese Professional League is sponsored by Nike while their national team wears Adidas. Kinda like in US in an opposite way, I guess 

I'm still surprised that the Bundesliga isn't dominated by adidas and Puma. Then again, the MLS is sponsored entirely by adidas instead of Nike, so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.

I think Puma just put more focus on national teams rather than club teams since you really can't compete in Germany against Adidas. Puma been doing nice with African national teams. I think they just start to sponsor South Africa National Team as well. I think just about every country in Africa is now sponsored by Puma, plus they got that Italy sponsorship going strong. 

I miss when Nike used to sponsor some of MLS teams like Galaxy and Chicago Fire. But I understand the situation with MLS and their Adidas sponsorship, it helped the league in terms of money wise. Sounders and Timbers used to get their kits from Nike in their USL days. Timbers jersey with Toyota logo on it wasn't too bad of looking even though it was a generic total 90 kit 
laugh.gif

By the way, the Chinese Professional League is sponsored by Nike while their national team wears Adidas. Kinda like in US in an opposite way, I guess 

lunar.jpg

With these selling pretty well last year, I wonder what the chances are of Nike releasing another CR7 Safari Gato IC.  

A black/volt Safari Gato IC would be crazy.

lunar.jpg

With these selling pretty well last year, I wonder what the chances are of Nike releasing another CR7 Safari Gato IC.  

A black/volt Safari Gato IC would be crazy.

Originally Posted by parasight21

The CEO of Puma has an addiction for Africa.He owns a big farm in Kenya.

Puma has except Nigeria all the big powerhouses of Africa but that is probably only helpful for sales during WCs.

Puma: South Africa, Egypt, Cameroun, Ghana, Togo, Senegal, Ivory Coast (Morocco and Tunisa sponsorships ending this year)
adidas: Nigeria is their only powerhouse in Africa
Nike:Algeria starting end of 2011 if you consider Algeria a strong team

Puma has except Nigeria all the big powerhouses of Africa but that is probably only helpful for sales during WCs.

Puma: South Africa, Egypt, Cameroun, Ghana, Togo, Senegal, Ivory Coast (Morocco and Tunisa sponsorships ending this year)

Originally Posted by engoi

I wouldn't call Algeria strong, but I don't think they're completely feeble either. Panama managed to beat the U.S. so I don't see any reason why Algeria couldn't be similarly threatening.

But yea, Puma has truly sponsored almost all of the African teams. Here's the full list of their African sponsorships from Wikipedia:
33ms661.jpg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Puma_sponsorships

Originally Posted by engoi

I wouldn't call Algeria strong, but I don't think they're completely feeble either. Panama managed to beat the U.S. so I don't see any reason why Algeria couldn't be similarly threatening.

But yea, Puma has truly sponsored almost all of the African teams. Here's the full list of their African sponsorships from Wikipedia:
33ms661.jpg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Puma_sponsorships

Algeria made it to SOuth Africa 2010 and I thought they played not that bad.
Didn't their loss to Slovenia was very unfortunate ? And than a draw versus England.

Algeria made it to SOuth Africa 2010 and I thought they played not that bad.
Didn't their loss to Slovenia was very unfortunate ? And than a draw versus England.

Yea and they beat Egypt (who were later to climb up the FIFA rankings all the way to number 10) to make it there. Recently lost 4:0 to Morocco though, so they may be in decline right now.

Yea and they beat Egypt (who were later to climb up the FIFA rankings all the way to number 10) to make it there. Recently lost 4:0 to Morocco though, so they may be in decline right now.

I thought this was the new away kit:
Chelsea_2D00_Away_2D00_Main.jpg

Maybe that one you just posted is their new third?

Yep, you're right. I posted the 3rd kit.

I thought this was the new away kit:
Chelsea_2D00_Away_2D00_Main.jpg

Maybe that one you just posted is their new third?

Yep, you're right. I posted the 3rd kit.

Back
Top Bottom