** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2012 **

Both Barca kits look pretty decent when worn. I can't help but think of the away as a keeper kit every time I see it, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Those Messi f50's are nice, and the model definitely appeals to me more than the current one. That adiPure 11pro reminds me a lot of the white/black/red adiPure III.

Originally Posted by joekamel

I'm curious to see what is going to happen to Umbro now that they are owned by Nike. City is going to go from Umbro to Nike after the 2012/2013 season, and I feel like Nike is going to try to cherry pick the hottest clubs under contract with Nike/Umbro and leave the rest to Umbro.

Nike is evil.They took over the Umbro contracts for man CIty and Everton.Sunderland and Sweden are now sponsored by adidas.
And after Umbro lost contract after contract, Nike wants to sell now Cole-Haan AND Umbro.

New Everton:
everton-s-new-nike-away-kit-527358729.jpg

as engoi mentioned, so much for all the umbro love in this thread....

http://www.washingtonpost...31/gJQAN3O73U_story.html

i know %#+@% sporting goods (i think the swear filter blocks it, DKS is their ticker symbol) has some sort of minority ownership/management stake in umbro currently; i wouldn't be shocked to hear if they're interested in increasing that. they recently invested 40M pounts in JJB (a sporting goods store in the UK), so having control of the english national team wouldn't be a bad thing.

hopefully the brand continues for decades to come with its current identity - maybe they can tone down their high-end footwear business and emphasize apparel.

Came in here to post that PSG kit. 
pimp.gif

So clean, I absolutely love it.  Can't wait to see the away kit now.

Side-by-side of the new Real Madrid kits in case you haven't seen them yet.  Still wondering what that patch is on the left sleeve (not the LFP one).  Both kits are pretty template-y but I really like the colors used, although the away kind of looks like a linesman's shirt or something.

249031_10150838780506463_25373226462_9981938_631419211_n.jpg

I REALLY hope that PSG kit hits Swoosh next year...a Sakho kit would be ideal.
pimp.gif

Oh and the new Mercurials are INSANE.

That "Chang" sponsor on the fron of the Everton kits make me want to buy em.
That's that Thai pride LOL

if the madrid away's second colur is that hint of lime green then it looks very similar to Ajax's away for next season and a few years back
PSG always brings the heat

Originally Posted by riphamilton

as engoi mentioned, so much for all the umbro love in this thread....

http://www.washingtonpost...31/gJQAN3O73U_story.html

i know *%#%* sporting goods (i think the swear filter blocks it, DKS is their ticker symbol) has some sort of minority ownership/management stake in umbro currently; i wouldn't be shocked to hear if they're interested in increasing that. they recently invested 40M pounts in JJB (a sporting goods store in the UK), so having control of the english national team wouldn't be a bad thing.

hopefully the brand continues for decades to come with its current identity - maybe they can tone down their high-end footwear business and emphasize apparel.

UPDATE: to follow up on this, it looks like financial analysts on wall street (not just the amateurs on niketalk) see umbro as a good fit for DSG - or they could just be copying what gets posted on here lol

The firm says soccer and apparel company Umbro could be a good fit for ****’s Sporting Goods, which has an exclusive license for the brand. The bank adds ****’s recently made an investment in UK retailer JJB Sports, which could allow those firms to leverage Umbro.

http://blogs.wsj.com/deal...and-umbro-who-could-buy/

I wouldn't buy Umbro stocks.
You need in soccer a lot of visibility to reach high revenues and after Umbro is losing contract after contract I don't see that much.
JJB has a share in Umbro thats good but take a look at their sponsorships :Blackburn Rovers, Notts County and Huddersfield.Man City and Southampton expiring next season.
And now talking about cleats, in Germany Nike had to push really hard to overtake Puma as No 2 (Nike 22%, Puma 20% I guess).And does John Terry make you by Umbro cleats, really ?

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

I REALLY hope that PSG kit hits Swoosh next year...a Sakho kit would be ideal.
pimp.gif

Oh and the new Mercurials are INSANE.
Too bad Ancelotti hates him.  Looks like I gotta get a Lavezzi one.

Back
Top Bottom