** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2013 **

Did Nike bump up the price of jerseys? Looks like they upped it to $90 now.
mean.gif
Club teams seem to be $90 with Nationals teams still at $85. I dont know why

Rep to those who posted the barca info on this page. Why is the away kit so hideous :x

The away shirt or Senyera shirt is one of the most significant shirts ever for Barca specially Catalans or Cules as it has the colors of the Catalan flag. It's almost a political statement for Catalans & you can be sure many Cules will be proud to wear that shirt. I really like the new kits. I don't wear footy shirts as I think I'm too old but I get my son as many shirts as I can.

I thought the 3rd shirt was going to be a solid black with the gradient sleeves as shown in the top pic, but it looks like the third kit will still be black but with stripes (bottom pic). I like both. Whichever black one is released, I'm getting my son a black Neymar shirt...

View media item 428437View media item 428439
Barca's youtube page was just updated with this vid...

The away shirt or Senyera shirt is one of the most significant shirts ever for Barca specially Catalans or Cules as it has the colors of the Catalan flag. It's almost a political statement for Catalans & you can be sure many Cules will be proud to wear that shirt. I really like the new kits. I don't wear footy shirts as I think I'm too old but I get my son as many shirts as I can.

spot on with that assessment of the away kit. i don't really buy a lot of shirts (maybe 1 every other year - i buy way more training tops), but the senyera shirt will be copped because of what it stands for. now i just have to see whose name i want on the back. not a big neymar fan (and don't really like the signing - we need a more athletic defense); i'd get sergio busquets but would like to make sure he doesn't leave anytime soon.

I am excited to hear reviews on the hypervenom. I don't like either of the presumed launch colorways but if these hit Nike ID...a blackout option would be great to me.

Knowledge gained. Didnt even consider that. With that being said I still couldnt buy it since it has no meaning to me. Would anyone mind explaining to me more about the Catalan/Spain rift? I do like the 3rd alternate kit though. Thanks again.

Knowledge gained. Didnt even consider that. With that being said I still couldnt buy it since it has no meaning to me. Would anyone mind explaining to me more about the Catalan/Spain rift? I do like the 3rd alternate kit though. Thanks again.

View media item 431623View media item 431629
Jeez HotSauce23, you asked a deep question for a footy thread. :lol:

Think of Catalonia to Spain like Scotland is to England. Also Catalan the language is much different from Spanish. Catalan is not a dialect of Spanish. If I remember correctly, Catalan has more in common with French then it does the Spanish language. There are 9 or 10 million people that speak Catalan. Also, those that speak Catalan also speak Spanish.

The roots of Catalan nationalism actually date back to the 1600-1700s or so & intensified under the fascist rule of Franco who outlawed any Catalan cultural identity including Catalan celebrations & the language itself. There were periods of time Barcelona were barred from playing in competition for as long as six months under the Franco regime.

There were referendums some time ago (2007, 2008, or 2009?) that granted Catalonia some autonomy. They even have their own police force. The movement to actual independence is growing stronger. I think I read there is another referendum coming in 2014.

How does this relate to FC Barcelona? The club was started in 1899 made up of the team & club supporters that were registered members that helped the team economically (funding everything from the team salaries to it's first large capacity stadium in 1922). These members were comprised of Catalans.

During the civil war in the early or mid 1900s, some players, executives, & members for the Blaugrana & Athletic Bilbao went on to fight against the military uprising that occurred in Spain. There were times where the team was shut down by the Spanish government for long periods of time.

It's this history that gave birth to the club motto "Més que un club" (More than a club).

There is a lot of detail I didn't go over, but that's kinda of it in a nutshell. If I left anything out or if any NTers feel they need to clarify anything I wrote, please feel free to.

So not to derail this thread & since I mentioned Athletic Bilbao, here are their new shirts for 2013-2014.

View media item 431626View media item 431627

Last edited:
Thanks man. Very educational. Would it be fair to call it a more intense version of say Montreal? Anyways, I love that Bilbao kit. I wish american sports changed up their team unis year to year. They would increase merchandise sales soo much. But since the leagues have contracts with different sporting companies rather than individual teams this wont happen on a broad scale I am guessing. Thanks again man, gonna do some independent reading to educate myself

Props on that Catalan info.

So, is there any players on the current Barca team that solely identifies himself as a Catalan or exudes Catalan nationalism?

Props on that Catalan info.

So, is there any players on the current Barca team that solely identifies himself as a Catalan or exudes Catalan nationalism?

Off the top of the dome; Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol, Marc Bartra, Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Cristian Tello, Victor Valdez, Cesc Fabregas, Xavi Hernandez, Sergi Roberto (B squad), Andreu Fontas (on loan to Mallorca), & Isaac Cuenca (on load to Ajax). All Catalan born.

I know I'm forgetting like one or two... There are a lot more in the younger divisions & in La Masia.

Edit - yes I'm a Barca fan. Since early 90s...

Last edited:
View media item 431623View media item 431629
Jeez HotSauce23, you asked a deep question for a footy thread. :lol:

Think of Catalonia to Spain like Scotland is to England. Also Catalan the language is much different from Spanish. Catalan is not a dialect of Spanish. If I remember correctly, Catalan has more in common with French then it does the Spanish language. There are 9 or 10 million people that speak Catalan. Also, those that speak Catalan also speak Spanish.

The roots of Catalan nationalism actually date back to the 1600-1700s or so & intensified under the fascist rule of Franco who outlawed any Catalan cultural identity including Catalan celebrations & the language itself. There were periods of time Barcelona were barred from playing in competition for as long as six months under the Franco regime.

There were referendums some time ago (2007, 2008, or 2009?) that granted Catalonia some autonomy. They even have their own police force. The movement to actual independence is growing stronger. I think I read there is another referendum coming in 2014.

How does this relate to FC Barcelona? The club was started in 1899 made up of the team & club supporters that were registered members that helped the team economically (funding everything from the team salaries to it's first large capacity stadium in 1922). These members were comprised of Catalans.

During the civil war in the early or mid 1900s, some players, executives, & members for the Blaugrana & Athletic Bilbao went on to fight against the military uprising that occurred in Spain. There were times where the team was shut down by the Spanish government for long periods of time.

It's this history that gave birth to the club motto "Més que un club" (More than a club).

There is a lot of detail I didn't go over, but that's kinda of it in a nutshell. If I left anything out or if any NTers feel they need to clarify anything I wrote, please feel free to.

and just to add.... the main reason catalan independence has gained so much strong support (link to poll numbers) by catalans in the past couple of years is simple economics.

you probably know that spain isn't doing too hot economically, but not everyone realizes that catalonia is doing (relatively) much better. catalans are taxed by spain and being forced to give up certain social programs so that the spanish government can give this "catalan" money to other areas of spain. right or wrong, i'm sure you can see how that is easily and effectively politicized.

fc barcelona's official position is that they don't have a position on the issue, and that the new kit isn't a political statement.... that being said, sandro rosell is no stranger to independence rallies, and i think that tells you all you need to know.

Jking0821 -
I like the orange/blk colorway of that better. That pic you post is just meh to me.

Got dammit riphamilton, I forgot to add that as my last point. I was so intent on making sure I had certain historical facts without it being a super long post & I started tying the Catalan info to FCB & modern times that I forgot the taxing info & the economy. Thanks.

My 9 year son loves the Nike Jr CTR360 Libretto III FG. He has the mint green & sonic yellows. I showed him the upcoming colorway that will be released in June or July & asked if he could get them for the fall season.

View media item 432368View media item 432369View media item 432367

wonder what sort of soleplates nike will use with the hypervenom. can't really tell from the rooney pics, but it doesn't look like he's using the one featured in the PR pics.

i hope nike renames future models "total 90 hypervenom" or something - total 90 has been around since what, the 90s? i got my first pair in either 99 or 2000. it's almost like if adidas ditched the predator.

i think i'll stay with the maestri for now, but i can't wait to read a review from someone here!

Looking to either get the CTR360's or the NitroCharge's. Any one plays in either of these?
Currently playing in T90 Laser IV and looking for some new cleats.

Looking to either get the CTR360's or the NitroCharge's. Any one plays in either of these?
Currently playing in T90 Laser IV and looking for some new cleats.

I had the CTR 360 Maestri 3 for last fall season and had the Maestri 2 the season before. Both were great. I had no durability issues on the maestri 3 and the kangalite feels good. Also, that pass pads and other gimmicks don't affect your game much and I didn't really notice anything special from ACC but its still a good boot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom