Solar Roadways - No More Pavement.

I'm alive now don't care about the future and this sounds like it costs too much money probably require tax hikes **** that
i like the idea

I don't care what anybody says, this is genius. Thanks OP for the link.

Over here in LA our 3 main freeway systems (101,105, 5) are constantly being reconstructed anyways. I would gladly pay my taxes if I knew it was going to fund this.

I don't care what anybody says, this is genius. Thanks OP for the link.

Over here in LA our 3 main freeway systems (101,105, 5) are constantly being reconstructed anyways. I would gladly pay my taxes if I knew it was going to fund this.

Same here in the bay, the pavement doesn't last long at all. Texas had better freeways when I went there.

This is a wonderful idea. Too bad I'll probably be dead before I ever see it implemented
tired.gif

lol at this actually happening.... so much money that is made with various companies/corporations etc.. No way they would let something like this happen unless hands were forced and those in said industries were dying and had no choice

lol at this actually happening.... so much money that is made with various companies/corporations etc.. No way they would let something like this happen unless hands were forced and those in said industries were dying and had no choice
At some point I hope lobbyists are overrun by the need for innovation like this... Hopefully sooner rather than later.

"If all major roads were Solar roadways, they would produce 3x the amount of energy we currently use"... That right there is some real ****.

was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the title

Last edited:
Well, like all great ideas this will be tested (and fail) the reality obstacle. They are too ugly in my opinion, not easy enough to install, and change the game up too drastically. Impossible to implement. However, the concept is good and is already in place in testing. This is something that I could see done when a new park is built, or a new stadium is built etc. It's not gong to replace anything, but is definitely a feasible option for a new situation.

For example, the Dubs are going to be in SF. If they made that stadium have these they'd be generating all sorts of energy that would help offset the huge energy costs of a new arena. Is it cost effective though....didn't watch enough of the video to find out.

Better yet, I'd rather Elon Musk's idea of that superfast tube thing comes about. 20 minutes from SF to LA. I'm down. Speed > energy honestly. If we can transport faster AND save energy that is what will actually have a chance to get put in place.

At some point I hope lobbyists are overrun by the need for innovation like this... Hopefully sooner rather than later.

"If all major roads were Solar roadways, they would produce 3x the amount of energy we currently use"... That right there is some real ****.
since roadways are usually maintained by municipal workers, i could see their unions getting upset...

...wait are municipal workers unionized?

I love this idea.

I feel bad for those here who are just "lol" ing at an idea like this. It because you have your attitudes set to being pessimistic that things are staying the way they are. IDGAF about people's jobs if this helps us in a long run. They can get another job.

Dope idea, I can see it happening on a small scale like parking lots and things like that, but not the whole country. It doesnt seem that practical to implement

Back
Top Bottom