soleswaps

here's how mine turned out.
when i first sole swapped it..
4304073871_f83ca110af.jpg
4304817602_32707c8fb2.jpg

4304074813_fb36075dcd.jpg
4304075663_0291e585f3.jpg

after a whole bunch of wears and repainting all the cement gray....

4578989025_cbbd8aef0a.jpg
4578990927_8f937f0604.jpg

4579618670_110191d133.jpg

personally, i don't mind the gloss it's just that when the paint peels off (eventually) it's going to be a pain in the a** repainting and speckling it
mad.gif

Adrian, jpena, great work on those sole swaps. what cement are you using to hold the new soles on? I'm curious as to what will hold the longest. the stuff I've been referred to can only be bought in the UK as far as I know and I'm wondering if there's some kind of domestic alternative. also, what kind of tool did you use to separate the uppers/soles from both pairs? thanks!

^^^ thanks!
pimp.gif

but i used the brown gorilla glue to seal the midsole and the leather upper together.  it's been about 3-4 months now and i haven't had any problems with the gorilla glue separating the midsole and the uppers.  but what i did to remove the upper part from the midsole was take a rounded knife and just skimmed around the midsoles.  you want to do it slowly cuz if you rush it'll cut into the uppers leather.  once you skim the midsoles low enough just start pulling the soles apart.  there'll be a lot of left over foam from the midsoles and what i did was take a dremmel, placed it on the lowest setting, then using the dremmel removed the leftover foam.

fantastic work, guys. makes me want to take up a few side projects. too bad i have zero know-how for this sort of thing...

Nicely executed, jpena. Midsoles look 10x better than mine. Also, did you use exact size?

Brian, I use this stuff called Selley's Flexi-Bond. Though I don't think any glue can hold the sole on forever. The stitching is probbably the most crucial part in holding the sole to the upper, and glue without the stitching will not hold for long. I'm actually taking mine down to the cobbler now cause awhile back, he was showed me this special glue he uses, and I wanna give that a crack on my 4's.

As for the tool, go with a sharp, rounded knife. Just make sure you cut slowly and accurately, as if you're doing open heart surgery.

has anyone taken off their icy soles and sea glowed them and then put them back on??? i wanna see that.... also wat kind of glue do you use to glue them back on???

cool, thanks for the info guys. I think you may have both been privy to the sneakerfreaker resto. guide, as those techniques and products seem to match mostly what's on there. flexibond can't be had in the US as far as I know, but I have a friend in the UK who will get some for me and ship it to me. Adrian, I'm curious about the glue your cobbler knows of, let me know how that works out. I have a sole swap project in waiting, I just need to get a hold of the right bonding materials, a dremmel tool, and a good cobbler's knife (I may just use a curved edge exacto blade).

Originally Posted by jpena0306

Originally Posted by scemonito

Nicely executed, jpena. Midsoles look 10x better than mine. Also, did you use exact size?

yea i used the same size

i hat you both espically you w/ the sz 12 the mostj/k those swaps are
pimp.gif
....... goes to ebay doesnt see ANY cement IV sz 12-13 comes back.....i really hate you guys

someone should do a tutorial on soleswaps if it hasn't been done already....and SexPistol...you gotta e-mail me that pic you used for your avatar!!! lmao that %!$ is NICE!

im currentlky working on black cement 3s from 94 just did og white and red 2s and 99 white cement 4s came out great

how do you do a sole swap man??
i was wondering what do you do about the stitching like on them 4s do you cut that??
was also thinking wouldnt putting dry ice on the sole loosen up the glue??
i rememeber i did this to my race car a couple years ago to get all that insulation stuff inside the car
also when cutting out the insole do you just cut on the side of shoe and work from there??

Dude we need some better quality pictures. It's hard tos ee what's going on with those small guys.

i was gonna ask you too
i saw that you painted your maroon 6s
what color did you use
did you paint with angulus paint??
also on the white part did ytou just use white??
any help is greatly appreciated bro!

Back
Top Bottom