Someone Aware Me As To How Much These Church Pastors Make Per Year?

They do this all while teaching their followers to hate others different than you and whatever you do, don’t practice safe sex cause you need to grow their non-taxable big business and create more idiots.

People had to understand tithing can be contributing your skill sets or helping with the church. It’s not about money. The money really should be used for the up keep of the church - bills, groundskeeper, maintenance, outreach programs, food, etc.

Also, tithing is supposed to be a 1/10th of your pay. That $250 is way too much.

A pastor is held to a different standard regarding ethical matters. The problem is that the general public is held to absolutely no standard.

The problem is that this is a SEVERELY broken society and money is power. 200k could fix a lot of things yet a man of God spends it on a car.

Ironically, if a regular person posts that they just bought this car, there'd be #blessed hashtags on the picture and people would applaud him.

Is the regular person funding their Lambo by convincing people that they're a vessel of the Lord?

Because it's not even close to the same thing otherwise

A pastor is held to a different standard regarding ethical matters. The problem is that the general public is held to absolutely no standard.

The problem is that this is a SEVERELY broken society and money is power. 200k could fix a lot of things yet a man of God spends it on a car.

Ironically, if a regular person posts that they just bought this car, there'd be #blessed hashtags on the picture and people would applaud him.
Not trying to be a jerk bit I still don't see why you are torn. (Based on what you typed).

You got dudes profiting off of people's need to HOPE for something. Not just profiting but some are rich as hell.

But.ok

Can’t afford elementary educational needs in the US and they still choose not to tax these people making millions selling high fives.

Not trying to be a jerk bit I still don't see why you are torn. (Based on what you typed).

You got dudes profiting off of people's need to HOPE for something. Not just profiting but some are rich as hell.

But.ok
A) He's held to a higher moral standard and is expected to be more concerned with the greater good (helping people in need) rather than indulging in lavish material possessions.

B) He's a human that works and is apparently good at what he does. Nothing is 'wrong' with having luxury items. Assuming he's not abusing the funds of the church, (which i don't think he is) he can spend his money how he sees fit.

:smh:

Where in the bible does it say to do this?
NO WHERE

Also, tithing is supposed to be a 1/10th of your pay. That $250 is way too much.
The concept of tithing comes from when the Levite preists worked in the temple with the Ark of the Covenant. The other 11 tribes were to give 10% of their increase, crops/animals/etc., because the Levite’s were busy in the temple and could not provide for themselves. So unless you are giving to a Levite priest, there is no burden of 10%.

You can choose to give to an institution if you willingly want to, don’t get me wrong, but there’s no requirement.

You don't see a problem with fraud and embezzlement?

I did at first. But stupid people are going to do stupid people things.

Is it messed up that crooked pastors profit off the naive mindset of some of their followers? Yes.

But the jig has been going on for centuries so at some point people need to smarten up.

I did at first. But stupid people are going to do stupid people things.

Is it messed up that crooked pastors profit off the naive mindset of some of their followers? Yes.

But the jig has been going on for centuries so at some point people need to smarten up.

I hear words like "stupid" "naive" and "weak" to describe these victims and just cringe.

I'm not religious by the letter, and I don't go to church.

I know people who are and they are neither stupid or weak.

If you going for the okie doke you may not be a stupid person but you’re definitely engaging in something stupid.

Bruh hustlers get hustled.

People get hustled in all walks of life.

I'm just not with this shaming of these people.

It's a slippery slope for me.

I hear words like "stupid" "naive" and "weak" to describe these victims and just cringe.

Perhaps the word stupid wasn’t the best choice. But they are very stubborn when it comes to religion and their pride when it comes to that topic skews their thought process.

It’s not even shaming them if anything. It’s just acknowledging an inconvenient truth. I have some relatives on my moms side. Smart people, have their stuff in order and are nice folks. But once the religion topic comes up and they hear something they don’t like, all logic goes out the window.

Got a church down the street from a rent house I own in a kinda sketxhy neighborhood.. dude drives to "work" every Sunday in a all white wraith.. his wife drives a 550... judging from the look of the church I'm sure it isn't worth much more then the car lol...

A) He's held to a higher moral standard and is expected to be more concerned with the greater good (helping people in need) rather than indulging in lavish material possessions.

B) He's a human that works and is apparently good at what he does. Nothing is 'wrong' with having luxury items. Assuming he's not abusing the funds of the church, (which i don't think he is) he can spend his money how he sees fit.
But are we going to sit here and pretend that part of the message is in fact not to fall victim TO the glitters and glamours?

But are we going to sit here and pretend that part of the message is in fact not to fall victim TO the glitters and glamours?
there’s a church across the street from my house. long lines waiting on the street to go in on service days. i knew someone that went to that church that said the pastor once said that the parishioners could put jewelry in the collection plate if they didn’t have money because they didn’t need stuff like that. dude drives a mercedes and his wife wears a ton of gold bracelets.

there’s a church across the street from my house. long lines waiting on the street to go in on service days. i knew someone that went to that church that said the pastor once said that the parishioners could put jewelry in the collection plate if they didn’t have money because they didn’t need stuff like that. dude drives a mercedes and his wife wears a ton of gold bracelets.

This is why I view people who fall for the jig in a harsh manner. They see the pastor flourishing. They also see him encouraging them to donate the little they have while not putting two and two together.

Blows my mind.

Are they naive?

Speaking on false prophets, the bible says "For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive"

Back
Top Bottom