someone blow my mind...

what happened to the thread? tried searching for it cause I wanted to post something and it's locked.

not good at cross thread quotes and can't find Meth's response from it being brought up in another thread but it's locked because it's gone down a path that's too far fetched for certain people to keep up. of course we've always talked about anything like psychedelics or what's really happening in Antarctica but constant pedo trafficking linked to satanism or hollywood doesn't sit right with Meth so its donezo. you can say it's hindering a use of our free speech in a particular thread but then again we are using his platform of NT to speak on it. fair play.

Yea. It closed last week. Even the thought of a volume2 was frowned upon. Even if we could bring it back it wouldn’t be the same.
As @green rhino123 so eloquently put it, “
I wouldn't want a new thread to have unique limitations prescribed.....
dictating the narrative of a thread designed to have little intellectual limitations......pushing the opposite of the thread design”

there's this thread which more so goes for the unknown sentients that foster in our imagination if you believe it's in that category

not good at cross thread quotes and can't find Meth's response from it being brought up in another thread but it's locked because it's gone down a path that's too far fetched for certain people to keep up. of course we've always talked about anything like psychedelics or what's really happening in Antarctica but constant pedo trafficking linked to satanism or hollywood doesn't sit right with Meth so its donezo. you can say it's hindering a use of our free speech in a particular thread but then again we are using his platform of NT to speak on it. fair play.

there's this thread which more so goes for the unknown sentients that foster in our imagination if you believe it's in that category
OMG!
That’s hilarious, that new thread.
What a troll move.
“.......since the old thread for this kind of stuff has gone down a different path.....” ?????
What a crock.
Sounds like something my sometimes *** friend named Taylor (spoiled little nonAthletic rich kid) who lived down the street from me in 1988 who was only my friend when I let him beat me in NBA JAM or I let him beat me in water volleyball in his pool. Anytime I won he would kick us out. And if he were at our house playing basketball in our goal, he’d take his good ball and go home if we beat him at 21 too often.
I was only his friend on his terms. This reminds me of that for some reason. Strong Taylor dejavu.

So D deleted I will just ask you instead of assuming, did you help get that thread shut down?

1591677870139.gif

OMG!
That’s hilarious, that new thread.
What a troll move.
“.......since the old thread for this kind of stuff has gone down a different path.....” ?????
What a crock.
Sounds like something my sometimes *** friend named Taylor (spoiled little nonAthletic rich kid) who lived down the street from me in 1988 who was only my friend when I let him beat me in NBA JAM or I let him beat me in water volleyball in his pool. Anytime I won he would kick us out. And if he were at our house playing basketball in our goal, he’d take his good ball and go home if we beat him at 21 too often.
I was only his friend on his terms. This reminds me of that for some reason. Strong Taylor dejavu.

So D deleted I will just ask you instead of assuming, did you help get that thread shut down?

No

I'm pretty sure that it was the right-wing lunacy like Pizzagate and Qanon that got the thread closed, but you would have to confirm that with a mod

I will say that it is funny that you are trying to make a conspiracy out of the conspiracy thread being closed :lol:

No

I'm pretty sure that it was the right-wing lunacy like Pizzagate and Qanon that got the thread closed, but you would have to confirm that with a mod

I will say that it is funny that you are trying to make a conspiracy out of the conspiracy thread being closed :lol:
In short, it became a toxic waste dump. Our community shouldn't serve as a vector for dangerous medical misinformation, alt-right lunacy, and racist or otherwise bigoted conspiracies. (Birtherism, "gay agenda," "Jewish people control the media," etc.)

People initially thought it was all in good fun when everyone was just pointing and laughing at stoned teenagers sharing "proof" that mountains were once giant trees or the Earth is flat. Now we're talking about content that is literally leading to people's deaths, and that's no laughing matter.
"Qanon" nonsense, for example, has absolutely no business appearing on our forums. We have people pushing 5G conspiracy theories from the likes of David Icke, who gained infamy by promoting narratives like "shapeshifting reptilians control the world." That's not just a terrible look for NikeTalk; it's potentially harmful.

Nobody was reporting inappropriate content, so the thread couldn't be trusted to police itself and "watch this video" becomes a slippery slope when Youtube's recommendation algorithms systematically promote increasingly extremist content:

It's especially dangerous right now, in the midst of a global pandemic, which only intensifies the threat against already marginalized or at-risk communities:

Unlike Google, Twitter, or Facebook, we're not going to allow people to push hateful, demonstrably false conspiracy content for profit using our platform.

OH man the old thread got locked. Hopefully we can keep this one open. I often lurk this thread but I'm here.

No

I'm pretty sure that it was the right-wing lunacy like Pizzagate and Qanon..... you are trying to make a conspiracy out of the conspiracy thread being closed :lol:
Just as I thought.

Last edited:
Extremely proud of meth for shutting down da whacko libs in that thread. Excellent leadership. Now we need the big guy to step up and close our borders again. NT is not an asylum for libs.

I honestly think its nice that NT keeps some code of ethics. I come here for the lulz and shoes. If i wanted to dive down deep rabbit holes about celebrity pedo rings i wouldn't be doing it on niketalk.

I honestly think its nice that NT keeps some code of ethics. I come here for the lulz and shoes. If i wanted to dive down deep rabbit holes about celebrity pedo rings i wouldn't be doing it on niketalk.
we are allowed to go down rabbit holes, but not rabbit holes created by misinformed racist propoganda machines.

we keep it on the gang

This is a slippery slope. For example, Members in the Stock Market thread are claiming the thread is a “toxic dump” because Stock newbies are excited about investing. They are discussing moving to a different form of communication to exclude that new investor on NT. In the Last Dance thread it was anti-jordan guys in there that the majority labeled “toxic” for the thread because their opinion went against the thread.

As a member on NT the thread above gave me insight that I would have not received if the OP was worried about being toxic.

I understand removing the individual posts but the whole thread?

Back
Top Bottom