Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 Thread -- Tuesday's @ 10pm on FX -- 12/05/2012 Episode 13 -- “J'ai Obtenu C

What motive would Tara have to kill him? I'm not sure if Sutter would just recycle that storyline. Having the President killed by his bestfriend and old lady would be repetitive unless he wants Jax's life to parallel JT's that closely.
I watched the premiere instead of writing my business paper :smh:.

Her hand being damaged to the point where she can't do surgeries anymore? I think Jax is going closer to the JT route but the scene with the journal may just have me overthinking it.

I agree it would be a bit repetitive but IMO I feel like that's where it's going. Between Ope's feeling of being betrayed and Tara feeling like she lost her true calling because of Jax, I could see it going that route.

^
Yeah, she does seem depressed about not being able to be a surgeon. A few more major things need to happen for her to get to that point. Jax is all she has at the moment. If he gets killed then she'll be raising 2 kids by herself while butting heads with Gemma for the rest of her life.

I feel you, that's why I think it's one of the final showdowns in the series not something that'll happen soon.

What motive would Tara have to kill him? I'm not sure if Sutter would just recycle that storyline. Having the President killed by his bestfriend and old lady would be repetitive unless he wants Jax's life to parallel JT's that closely.
I watched the premiere instead of writing my business paper :smh:.

Her hand being damaged to the point where she can't do surgeries anymore? I think Jax is going closer to the JT route but the scene with the journal may just have me overthinking it.

I agree it would be a bit repetitive but IMO I feel like that's where it's going. Between Ope's feeling of being betrayed and Tara feeling like she lost her true calling because of Jax, I could see it going that route.

yeah i kinda had that thought when they had the journal scene & tig asked what he was writing & fam said a childrens book :lol: :rofl:

& opie is strong as **** walking in the club & putting a for sale sign on his bike & walking off without a damn word ........

& i think clay is behind the gemma home invasion/unsler beatdown

TTTTTTTTTyler :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Last edited:
I want to get a cool leather vest but i'd look like a damn fool. Especially since I drive a light blue suv :smh:.

SAMCRO is vulnerable. It seemed like a small bit of business midway through the episode when the club welcomed a couple of new associates (one of them played by former Hell's Angel Chuck Zito) from a Sons chapter that's disbanding. But the episode ends with them busting in on Unser and beating him down before robbing him (the prosthetic leg of one of the Nomads is a giveaway). It's the latest in a string of home invasions in Charming (as noted in the paper Nero reads), and it can't bode well for the rest of SAMCRO.

‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Season 5 Premiere Review from Screen Rant

Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy begins with Jackson “Jax” Teller (Charlie Hunnam) passing on to his children the single most important thing his father ever granted him: knowledge. As Jax scribbles away in his pocket-sized notebook, wi****lly recounting the ways riding equates freedom and matter-of-factly listing what in life may imbue a man with strength, it becomes clear that heavy, indeed, is the head that wears the crown.

Not much time has passed since ‘To Be, Act 2‘ placed Jax (somewhat reluctantly) at the head of SAMCRO. Enough time, perhaps, for bruises to fade and for wounds to begin mending – but, on the whole, the MC remains unaware just how fractured it really is. As a result, Jax finds himself at the bottom of a very large pile of problems that have names like: the IRA, CIA, Galindo Cartel and, thanks to the hotheaded driving skills of Tig (Kim Coates), the Niners now have a full-on vendetta with the Sons.

But if season 5 is, as Kurt Sutter suggested, the beginning of Sons of Anarchy‘s third act, then ‘Sovereign’ is truly the beginning of the end. Time and again, it’s been made clear that Jax was always intended to ascend to the throne, but the kingdom he currently overlooks is not the one J.T. Teller had wished for his son. SAMCRO should not have been delivered to Jax in such disarray, and because of that, the first order of business is just maintaining the club’s grip on whatever it has left, while avoiding the plummet into oblivion. So for the time being, circumstances mean that it’s going to be business as usual for SAMCRO – with unsanctioned Niners hits on the club’s guns and cocaine shipments thrown in for good measure.

Jax works to convince everyone (even himself) that this is progression – things are headed in a new direction. But really, SAMCRO and all of those caught in the club’s wake are simply in a holding pattern until things miraculously turn around or become even more perilous. Jax, and now his new VP – the recently released Bobby Munson (Mark Boone Junior) – are the only one’s really in the know, and even that’s a dubious assessment, considering what little actual knowledge anyone has about their own situation on this show. Sure, Jax has been empowered to act by the realization of what Clay (Ron Perlman) did to his father, and by finding out the CIA’s sponsoring Romeo Parada (Danny Trejo) and the Galindo Cartel, but he still remains in the dark about his mother’s role in J.T.’s death and just how badly Damon Pope (Harold Perrineau) wants to see him dead.

And if Jax is making decisions based on too little of the right information, Opie (Ryan Hurst) has ostensibly stepped away from SAMCRO after finding out the truth about Piney’s death and being unable to do anything about it for “the good of the club.” As Opie puts it, he’s not afraid of Jax turning into Clay, he’s afraid of seeing himself turn into Jax: Someone compelled to time and again put his life on the line for a club more or less responsible for the destruction of his family. Opie’s always been something of a wildcard when it comes to the MC. He sees the door as swinging both ways, beckoning him to come and go, as his emotional tangents grow as wild and unruly as his hair – which, if he’s not careful is going to result in Opie being taken out by some Bigfoot enthusiast the next time he heads up to Piney’s cabin.

Others, too, are motivated to convey a sense of progression, but to what ends remains unknown. Tara (Maggie Siff) unceremoniously prepares to train her replacement at the hospital, while a broken down Clay strikes a genial, penitent tone with his soon-to-be ex-wife and the club, confessing to Piney’s murder, but (yup, you guessed it) lying about the circumstances leading to his filling the old man’s chest with buckshot. Gemma (Katey Sagal), meanwhile, wakes up in the bedroom of Nero Padilla (Jimmy Smits), only to find out he’s a pimp – or as Nero calls it, a “companionator” – and that he’s taken with Gemma enough to offer a temporary hiding place for Jax and Chibs (Tommy Flanagan) once things begin to get dicey.

Since the boys of SAMCRO have been engaging in more than their usual MC shenanigans as of late, it means that, in addition to being under the watchful eye of Eli Roosevelt (Rockmond Dunbar), they’ve been designated enemy no. 1 by Damon Pope (Harold Perrineau, Lost) and his right hand man, August Marks (Billy Brown, Dexter). What’s most interesting is watching how Pope conducts his business, and how that is in stark contrast to the way SAMCRO handles things like personnel changes and revenge. While the Sons are reluctant to remove anyone (they put Clay’s future with the club up to a vote), and tend to handle disputes with guns blazing, Pope doesn’t even have so much as a three-strike policy for his employees – as in the case of Laroy, and then Darnell, it’s one mistake and most of you ends up decomposing in a rail yard pit. Moreover, Pope has a two-part plan for revenge against the Sons that depicts him as a far more calculating entity than the various gangs or individuals SAMCRO has dealt with in the past.

As far as Pope’s nefarious plans to illustrate he’s not an individual to be trifled with, well, it may go down in Sons of Anarchy history as the most gruesome act of violence perpetrated by a single character. Part one of Pope’s plan entails watching Tig suffer as his daughter Dawn (Rachel Miner) is burned alive, while he remains shackled and helpless, mere feet away. Meanwhile, part two has Jax and Chibs going down for the highway shooting involving the Niners that took place at the end of season 4. Though it’s not a decisive strike against the club (Jax and Chibs go into hiding and Tig manages to kill Pope’s crooked cop and cleaner), the message is undoubtedly clear and season 5 is off to a dark and certainly dangerous start.

The drama in the premiere is strong, and presents the series with some interesting new characters and an unassuming, yet terrifying, villain in Harold Perrineau’s Damon Pope. Yet there’s evidence that much of the storytelling still hinges on the same deus ex machina approach of seasons past. Instead of springing the influence of the CIA on the viewer at the last minute, the entity looks to be a constant throughout the season, and the supposed god-like omniscience the CIA wields is dangerously close to becoming not only a guiding force, but also an easy get-out-of-jail-free card for Jax and the rest of SAMCRO.

Right now, it’s good to see that the status quo has been shaken a little, but for the most part not too much has changed. After last season’s somewhat divisive season finale, it would have been more impressive to see Sons of Anarchy take larger risks and present its characters with situations they won’t get a last minute reprieve from. It’s early in the season and there’s plenty of conflict to come, so hopes are high that some more powerful storytelling is on the horizon.

-

Sons of Anarchy continues next Tuesday with ‘Authority Vested’ @10pm on FX.

waiting on the The Televangelist review...i kno it will be good

Last edited:

I just don't see it happening that way..Or maybe I just don't want it to happen that way cause Opie's my boy and I don't want him to go down that road..And I personally think Tara will be killed off before she would get a chance to kill Jax (assuming she would ever turn on him in the first place)..And Opie joining up with Tara to kill Jax would make Opie too much like Clay and I don't think that'll happen cause out of all of SAMCRO Ope has the most integrity and Clay really doesn't have much at all..

I got two people that I think will murder Jax if he was to get killed off the show..It would either be Bobby Elvis, who does it in an attempt to save what is left of the club and bring it back to what it is truly supposed to be and that's a motorcycle club not a motorcycle gang..My other pick would be Gemma..Maybe in some kinda crazy way of keeping her grandkids closer to her because Jax and Tara want to take the kids and run..Maybe she'll be gunning for Tara and accidently kill Jax instead..

^
Jax and Bobby want the same things though. Jax is working towards finishing up this gun business. He wants to change the club around but he'll hit some obstacles that prevent that and maybe change his philosophy.

^^I don't think they want the same thing..I think all Jax is worried about is himself and his family..As to where all Bobby has is the club so thats all he cares about..But at this point in the series I agree that they are more inline with each other but we all know things can turn at the drop of a dime..

^
I was thinking that they both wanted the club to get out of dirty stuff like drugs and guns. Jax was inspired by his father's journals and wants the club to be how it was originally. Of course Jax has to worry about his kids now like you mentioned so they are top priority. I was just talking about how they agreed on SAMCRO needs to be changed for the better.

^^Oh, ok..I see what you're saying..I agree that they both wants what's best for the club..I just think Bobby has deeper motives since the club is basically his whole life..Jax wants whats best, but at the end of the day all he really wants to do is get through this issue with the cartel/Irish and then roll out w/Tara..

You can definitely see Tara's transformation into Gemma in the latest episode. Her speech, her actions, the way she dresses, etc.

Gemma sex scene>

Takes me back to my childhood of always wanting to smash the hell out of peggy.

Tigs my boy! Was funny when he went ham on ol boy in the hole

Damn I missed this show

just got to watch this ep.  
eek.gif
 Pope and his 2nd... jesus

Finally watched the season opener.

Pretty boring till that old dude got jumped.

Tig's crying was painfully bad.
laugh.gif

Why is Tara always so surprised when the club gets in trouble.

What does she honestly expect?

the whole scene at the tracks was pointless. Promote the dude, give him an empty gun, cap him. EH.
I felt the same way. Didn't he already have his own gun? Why not put the empty gun on the car, then use the loaded gun.

Oh wait, then Jax would die and the show would be over.

I felt that the black dude from Dexter should have been the boss instead of the black dude from Lost.

Their roles seemed reversed to me.

I ain't no spiderman ......

That line was hilarious.

Last edited:
Auggie made them put their loaded guns on the hood first before giving him the empty gun. Then he gave him the empty gun to kill Jax with. Wasn't pointless. Like Jax said, Pope wants to show that the Niners have no power and that he is the top of the food chain and makes all of the decisions. It showed that how feared the Niners were by the Sons, they are a small cog in the grand scheme on things in Oaktown.

Back
Top Bottom