Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by JD617

Kobe Bryant would be the third best player on the Miami Heat.
294q5q0.jpg

please turn in your screen name  

^ I'm pretty sure that Toronto was willing to do a S&T w/CLE for Bosh, but he didn't want to go there. The crux of most of the criticism that I've seen and heard on LeBron is that he went to another alpha dog's squad, when he's supposed to be the main man of the league. And some of the blame for not being able to get help has to fall on him as well, him leaving everything up in the air on whether he was going to stay with or leave the Cavs wasn't exactly enticing to players they could have picked up (ala Ariza and Artest). So Gibert for the most part did the best with what he had (except for the non JJ Hickson trade).

And I'm damn near fed up with ppl talking like they were some kind of JV squad, no team wins 60+ games back to back seasons and just is pure garbage outside of one player, just doesn't happen. This is why I don't understand why he chose Miami if he is THAT good and can lead all those so called bums to 60+ wins in consecutive seasons, why couldn't he do it with a vastly improved cast in Chicago or New Jersey or even a marginally improved one in New York? Why did he have to put a cap on his potential greatness and be regulated to the second fiddle in Miami?

^ I'm pretty sure that Toronto was willing to do a S&T w/CLE for Bosh, but he didn't want to go there. The crux of most of the criticism that I've seen and heard on LeBron is that he went to another alpha dog's squad, when he's supposed to be the main man of the league. And some of the blame for not being able to get help has to fall on him as well, him leaving everything up in the air on whether he was going to stay with or leave the Cavs wasn't exactly enticing to players they could have picked up (ala Ariza and Artest). So Gibert for the most part did the best with what he had (except for the non JJ Hickson trade).

And I'm damn near fed up with ppl talking like they were some kind of JV squad, no team wins 60+ games back to back seasons and just is pure garbage outside of one player, just doesn't happen. This is why I don't understand why he chose Miami if he is THAT good and can lead all those so called bums to 60+ wins in consecutive seasons, why couldn't he do it with a vastly improved cast in Chicago or New Jersey or even a marginally improved one in New York? Why did he have to put a cap on his potential greatness and be regulated to the second fiddle in Miami?

im from ny, the decision, i hated it and hated him for a day, but i can't hate im not a hater. its a good look for him. i wish they would of done that in ny but w.e. i never hated kobe. now i just feel sorry for lebron. he is not gonna get any better, which he needed to do to be even worthy of wearing the number 23. good thing he changed is number, he will never win another mvp. i pity lebron. no longer the king of anything

im from ny, the decision, i hated it and hated him for a day, but i can't hate im not a hater. its a good look for him. i wish they would of done that in ny but w.e. i never hated kobe. now i just feel sorry for lebron. he is not gonna get any better, which he needed to do to be even worthy of wearing the number 23. good thing he changed is number, he will never win another mvp. i pity lebron. no longer the king of anything

DoubleJs, are you just trying to play devils advocate or do you really not understand why people are pissed at his decision to join 2 other superstars on the same team and killing the competitive nature of the sport?
Would you feel the same way if hypothetically, lebron joined the lakers next season? i mean its still his RIGHT to go wherever he wants.
I think people would have been nowhere near as pissed (other than cleveland) if lebron joined nj, ny, or chicago.

DoubleJs, are you just trying to play devils advocate or do you really not understand why people are pissed at his decision to join 2 other superstars on the same team and killing the competitive nature of the sport?
Would you feel the same way if hypothetically, lebron joined the lakers next season? i mean its still his RIGHT to go wherever he wants.
I think people would have been nowhere near as pissed (other than cleveland) if lebron joined nj, ny, or chicago.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Hmmm....interesting.  But there is something that both Chuck and Miller have in common.  And on top of it all, Chuck was trying to end his career with a ring.  Again....i'll go with Garnett's quote because there are no sour grapes attached. 

Yeah, they are both legends.  You can go with Garnett's quote all you want to champ, either way at the end of the day as far as basketball players go Miller/Barkley>Garnett, and you can take that to the bank champ.

You can't block out people's reasonable, logic arguments by saying "You're just a hater" when literally EVERYBODY in the media (including current/former players), as well as casual AND hardcore basketball fans, are basically saying the same thing.

What reason would Bryant Gumbel have to hate on Lebron? He's not some message board Lakers fan.. same goes for guys like Barkley and Reggie. Barkley in particular has been on Lebron's nuts since he came into the league.. You gonna call him a "hater" as well? At some point, you have to realize that, while there are some haters out there, a lot of people find legitimate reason to criticize Lebron's move. People wanted Lebron to live up to his self-proclaimed "Chosen 1" and "King James" title and push himself to his full potential as a player.. now we will likely never see that from him. That's why people are criticizing him.. it's not all "hate."
100% Truth. 

[Round of applause]

Originally Posted by Deuce King

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Hmmm....interesting.  But there is something that both Chuck and Miller have in common.  And on top of it all, Chuck was trying to end his career with a ring.  Again....i'll go with Garnett's quote because there are no sour grapes attached. 

Yeah, they are both legends.  You can go with Garnett's quote all you want to champ, either way at the end of the day as far as basketball players go Miller/Barkley>Garnett, and you can take that to the bank champ.

You can't block out people's reasonable, logic arguments by saying "You're just a hater" when literally EVERYBODY in the media (including current/former players), as well as casual AND hardcore basketball fans, are basically saying the same thing.

What reason would Bryant Gumbel have to hate on Lebron? He's not some message board Lakers fan.. same goes for guys like Barkley and Reggie. Barkley in particular has been on Lebron's nuts since he came into the league.. You gonna call him a "hater" as well? At some point, you have to realize that, while there are some haters out there, a lot of people find legitimate reason to criticize Lebron's move. People wanted Lebron to live up to his self-proclaimed "Chosen 1" and "King James" title and push himself to his full potential as a player.. now we will likely never see that from him. That's why people are criticizing him.. it's not all "hate."
100% Truth. 

[Round of applause]

Originally Posted by qwerty330

Give me a $!*!@*# break with this "competitive nature" BS...it's kill or be killed out there.  This isn't the Y. 

Originally Posted by qwerty330

Give me a $!*!@*# break with this "competitive nature" BS...it's kill or be killed out there.  This isn't the Y. 

Yeah I agree, this didn't do anything to the competitive balance of the league, the Lakers ain't scared, the Celtics aren't worried, the Raptors weren't doin anything anyways even if they brought back Bosh, the only two teams affected are the Cavs, and the Heat, that's it. 

Yeah I agree, this didn't do anything to the competitive balance of the league, the Lakers ain't scared, the Celtics aren't worried, the Raptors weren't doin anything anyways even if they brought back Bosh, the only two teams affected are the Cavs, and the Heat, that's it. 

The competitive nature of the game isn't killed. You kidding me? They haven't even graced a COURT yet.

I think we're getting a little bit ahead of ourselves. The Heat haven't done anything yet.

Injuries, poor coaching, practice, bad bounces, luck, ego, chemistry all have a funny way of changing an outcome.

How come you think so many people get their hearts broken in Vegas? Simply because you can't predict this.

The competitive nature of the game isn't killed. You kidding me? They haven't even graced a COURT yet.

I think we're getting a little bit ahead of ourselves. The Heat haven't done anything yet.

Injuries, poor coaching, practice, bad bounces, luck, ego, chemistry all have a funny way of changing an outcome.

How come you think so many people get their hearts broken in Vegas? Simply because you can't predict this.

For those who claim Lebron is nothing more than a role player, will never be great, will never be an MVP, or any of that stuff... what happens if he averages, 24, 10, and 10 this season or next? Wins a few MVPs as the Heat get the best record and start collecting titles.  Will you honestly stand there and say "none of it matters, because he was afraid and went to Wade's team, it doesn't matter.."  Even if he hits a 10 game winners in the season and playoffs, if Wade has an off night and Bosh is shut down, and if he puts up 45, 15, and 12 during a Finals game.. will he still be a bum to you guys?  Will NONE of it matter?

I understand and agree in part, that yes, how he's viewed and his legacy can/will be seen differently in this manner than if he stayed in Cleveland and won, but will you guys be that hard headed and angry towards the man, and try to discredit what he does... no matter what happens?

I guess I don't like dealing in absolutes, just now a week after the announcement... it's not my style to make bold statements that will take place in the next 10 years before we even see them on the court together.  People on NT, fans, the media, they've already started on their criticism of his legacy before we see them even play... I just can't imagine the public and media for the next 10 years saying "It doesn't matter what he's done, he was afraid and a coward and that's that"

For those who claim Lebron is nothing more than a role player, will never be great, will never be an MVP, or any of that stuff... what happens if he averages, 24, 10, and 10 this season or next? Wins a few MVPs as the Heat get the best record and start collecting titles.  Will you honestly stand there and say "none of it matters, because he was afraid and went to Wade's team, it doesn't matter.."  Even if he hits a 10 game winners in the season and playoffs, if Wade has an off night and Bosh is shut down, and if he puts up 45, 15, and 12 during a Finals game.. will he still be a bum to you guys?  Will NONE of it matter?

I understand and agree in part, that yes, how he's viewed and his legacy can/will be seen differently in this manner than if he stayed in Cleveland and won, but will you guys be that hard headed and angry towards the man, and try to discredit what he does... no matter what happens?

I guess I don't like dealing in absolutes, just now a week after the announcement... it's not my style to make bold statements that will take place in the next 10 years before we even see them on the court together.  People on NT, fans, the media, they've already started on their criticism of his legacy before we see them even play... I just can't imagine the public and media for the next 10 years saying "It doesn't matter what he's done, he was afraid and a coward and that's that"

lebron basically said it was "too hard" in cleveland, and he had to "team up" with two other superstars. the dude is 25 years old, and when he is starting the prime of his career hes goes running to a super team?

i was a fan, not anymore

lebron basically said it was "too hard" in cleveland, and he had to "team up" with two other superstars. the dude is 25 years old, and when he is starting the prime of his career hes goes running to a super team?

i was a fan, not anymore

Originally Posted by orthotic

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

LeBron is defitnely the most hated athlete RIGHT NOW. I don't see this boiling down overtime either...

I mean, PERSONALLY I THOUGHT he would stay with Cleveland because of his upbringing in the city + the organization busted their chops to sign formidable players to help LeBron win a ring.

I do agree with the people saying he is taking "The easy route" because Dwade is an automatic double/triple team type of player and Chris Bosh commands a double team, no doubt about it. He is playing with 2 other SUPERSTARS who would be come the #1 option anywhere else, they were to sign to in the league.

LeBron's legacy DEFITNELY took a plumit because he is playing with more than sufficient talent.

Woulda been sweeter to win a ring, VIRTUALLY by himself...

excuse me, but aint it supposed to be a TEAM game?
eyes.gif

Defitnely is. But, LeBron isn't really the leader of this team. Just the most talented.

Originally Posted by orthotic

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

LeBron is defitnely the most hated athlete RIGHT NOW. I don't see this boiling down overtime either...

I mean, PERSONALLY I THOUGHT he would stay with Cleveland because of his upbringing in the city + the organization busted their chops to sign formidable players to help LeBron win a ring.

I do agree with the people saying he is taking "The easy route" because Dwade is an automatic double/triple team type of player and Chris Bosh commands a double team, no doubt about it. He is playing with 2 other SUPERSTARS who would be come the #1 option anywhere else, they were to sign to in the league.

LeBron's legacy DEFITNELY took a plumit because he is playing with more than sufficient talent.

Woulda been sweeter to win a ring, VIRTUALLY by himself...

excuse me, but aint it supposed to be a TEAM game?
eyes.gif

Defitnely is. But, LeBron isn't really the leader of this team. Just the most talented.

Back
Top Bottom