Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Look I hate the abomination in Miami but folks is in denial.

Kobe Bryant would be the third best player on the Miami Heat.

Kobe Bryant playing #%* in the Finals and still winning a ring inspired this *#!#.

Lebron was watching that *#!# saying to himself "dude shot 38% for the series, went 6/24 in a game 7 AND still won a ring! Hell I can do that!"
how is the best basketball player on the best basketball team in the WORLD right now going to be the third best player on the heat?
Im a fan of the heat (way before this entire world domination plan thing happened) but at the end of the day, Kobe outshines every player on the heat. Sure the heat may beat the lakers in the regular season, but at the end of the day, if you match kobe up with every person on that team, he is better. 

lebron shot better in the 2nd round than Kobe did in the finals... and got knocked out when they played boston.... 

Kobe was on a blood hunt up until the finals... 

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Lebron is cat woman
Why would Bron be cat woman?� He's the best in the L right now

kobe.jpg

��
Let's see what MJ thinks...

��
��
This is the greatest response ever. Bravo, young man. Bravo.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Catching up w/ all the pages in these LeBron threads...and a common theme I see is dudes thinking it was either Cleveland or Miami.

There wouldn't have been as much fuss about his legacy and basketball character had he gone to a city/team that would've unquestionably been his. You can't tell me the Chicago scenario wasn't as good as Miami's and tailor made for a talent like LBJ. He really did show his *%% out these last few weeks as far as his mentality...
this is what i've been saying for the past week. no one seems to get it through their damn heads.

NO ONE (outside of Cleveland) WOULD HAVE SAID A DAMN THING IF LEBRON WENT TO THE BULLS.

the Bulls + Lebron would have been favorites in the East after a few FAsignings. he could have won in Chicago and still gotten all the glory,legacy, etc for leading a team to a championship.  i've never reallyliked Lebron, but i would have been the first one to step up andcommend him for going to the Bulls. it would have been awesome to seehim take on the Wade/Bosh Heat squad, Boston's big three, Dwight'sMagic, etc. but he was too scared to even take on that challenge. he had to go hide behind D-Wade.
smh.gif
its because everyone wants to see a one man show... people dont want to see a team of equal superstars chase a ring... they want to see one man take a team of people incapable of getting a ring as a whole to the title... the miami situation is probably the craziest setup anyone has seen on a team since the bulls. Hell, even the Celtics in 2008 weren't this crazy when the situation went down. 
and then look at the celtics situation, nobody was angry when the celtics build their powerhouse and dominated in 2008... why is everyone so mad about the heat? because of lebron? is it because of lebron as a BASKETBALL PLAYER? or lebron as a HYPE MACHINE? do people not want lebron in miami because of his actual talents? or because of the hype he can generate on a team? because of the money he will bring to an organization? 

i think people are hating for the wrong reason

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Catching up w/ all the pages in these LeBron threads...and a common theme I see is dudes thinking it was either Cleveland or Miami.

There wouldn't have been as much fuss about his legacy and basketball character had he gone to a city/team that would've unquestionably been his. You can't tell me the Chicago scenario wasn't as good as Miami's and tailor made for a talent like LBJ. He really did show his *%% out these last few weeks as far as his mentality...
this is what i've been saying for the past week. no one seems to get it through their damn heads.

NO ONE (outside of Cleveland) WOULD HAVE SAID A DAMN THING IF LEBRON WENT TO THE BULLS.

the Bulls + Lebron would have been favorites in the East after a few FAsignings. he could have won in Chicago and still gotten all the glory,legacy, etc for leading a team to a championship.  i've never reallyliked Lebron, but i would have been the first one to step up andcommend him for going to the Bulls. it would have been awesome to seehim take on the Wade/Bosh Heat squad, Boston's big three, Dwight'sMagic, etc. but he was too scared to even take on that challenge. he had to go hide behind D-Wade.
smh.gif
its because everyone wants to see a one man show... people dont want to see a team of equal superstars chase a ring... they want to see one man take a team of people incapable of getting a ring as a whole to the title... the miami situation is probably the craziest setup anyone has seen on a team since the bulls. Hell, even the Celtics in 2008 weren't this crazy when the situation went down. 
and then look at the celtics situation, nobody was angry when the celtics build their powerhouse and dominated in 2008... why is everyone so mad about the heat? because of lebron? is it because of lebron as a BASKETBALL PLAYER? or lebron as a HYPE MACHINE? do people not want lebron in miami because of his actual talents? or because of the hype he can generate on a team? because of the money he will bring to an organization? 

i think people are hating for the wrong reason

Coming off with a holier-than-thou attitude about why you're disappointed in Lebron while the REAL reason STEMS from the whole charade aka, "The Decision."  Don't play it off like he's ruining his legacy, because he's not. 
You sure about that my man.  Legacies are defined by the fans, not the actual players themselves.  Which is why stories of Jordan, Magic, Bird, and Kobe will be told for years.  As it stands now LeBron is public enemy #1 in alot of fans eyes, not just Cavs fans either.  His image/legacy took a huge hit this past week whether you want to admit that or not. 

You're going to be tuned in to Heat games (just like everyone else) to see how this super-team works. 
Of course, I'm interested in seeing how this team pans out and looking forward to Lebron's new role as Robin, aka Wade's Pippen.

What's the main goal of a professional athlete?  I don't understand why it's such a big deal for a FREE AGENT to put himself in the best position possible to win MULTIPLE championships.
Our good friend Bryant Gumbel already answered this question for you and others to see, but in case you missed it I'll post it again below........

LeBron may yet find that in the court of public opinion, just as putting on a tux can’t make a guy a gentleman, winning a ring can’t make one truly a champion.â€

Coming off with a holier-than-thou attitude about why you're disappointed in Lebron while the REAL reason STEMS from the whole charade aka, "The Decision."  Don't play it off like he's ruining his legacy, because he's not. 
You sure about that my man.  Legacies are defined by the fans, not the actual players themselves.  Which is why stories of Jordan, Magic, Bird, and Kobe will be told for years.  As it stands now LeBron is public enemy #1 in alot of fans eyes, not just Cavs fans either.  His image/legacy took a huge hit this past week whether you want to admit that or not. 

You're going to be tuned in to Heat games (just like everyone else) to see how this super-team works. 
Of course, I'm interested in seeing how this team pans out and looking forward to Lebron's new role as Robin, aka Wade's Pippen.

What's the main goal of a professional athlete?  I don't understand why it's such a big deal for a FREE AGENT to put himself in the best position possible to win MULTIPLE championships.
Our good friend Bryant Gumbel already answered this question for you and others to see, but in case you missed it I'll post it again below........

LeBron may yet find that in the court of public opinion, just as putting on a tux can’t make a guy a gentleman, winning a ring can’t make one truly a champion.â€

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

LeBron may yet find that in the court of public opinion, just as putting on a tux can’t make a guy a gentleman, winning a ring can’t make one truly a champion.

LeBron may yet find that in the court of public opinion, just as putting on a tux can’t make a guy a gentleman, winning a ring can’t make one truly a champion.

Coming off with a holier-than-thou attitude about why you're disappointed in Lebron while the REAL reason STEMS from the whole charade aka, "The Decision." Don't play it off like he's ruining his legacy, because he's not.

Yes, he is ruining his legacy. I could tell myself over and over that Gilbert Arenas hasn't ruined his legacy, but just because I say it in my head doesn't make it true. Literally every bball fan I've talked to has said that Lebron is ruining his legacy with this move. Not that he won't go down as a great player, but he had the potential to go down as a top 10 player, or possibly even the GOAT, and now that has gone to %*#%.
This quote takes precedent over ANYTHING that comes out of Bryant Gumbel's mouth regarding Lebron's decision. I'll take the word of a current player who is clearly non-biased over a talking head whose basis for their viewpoint is due STRICTLY to how Lebron conducted himself.

..and the word is coming from Mr. "anything is possible" KG?
laugh.gif

Where in that quote, did KG imply that Lebron should go play second-fiddle to another superstar in his prime? KG and Lebron were not in the same situation. the T-Wolves were wack every year he was there, with the exception of their 04 WCF run. He had experienced more 60-LOSS seasons than 60-win seasons. I can almost guarantee to you that if KG was in the same situation and Minnesota had just won 60+ games twice, he would not have left. And if he did leave, he sure as hell wouldn't have teamed up with Kobe or Duncan.

DJs what is your deal with this issue, man? You're one of my favorite NTers, but you've been defending Lebron like Gloria the past couple days? You can't block out people's reasonable, logic arguments by saying "You're just a hater" when literally EVERYBODY in the media (including current/former players), as well as casual AND hardcore basketball fans, are basically saying the same thing.

What reason would Bryant Gumbel have to hate on Lebron? He's not some message board Lakers fan.. same goes for guys like Barkley and Reggie. Barkley in particular has been on Lebron's nuts since he came into the league.. You gonna call him a "hater" as well? At some point, you have to realize that, while there are some haters out there, a lot of people find legitimate reason to criticize Lebron's move. People wanted Lebron to live up to his self-proclaimed "Chosen 1" and "King James" title and push himself to his full potential as a player.. now we will likely never see that from him. That's why people are criticizing him.. it's not all "hate."

Coming off with a holier-than-thou attitude about why you're disappointed in Lebron while the REAL reason STEMS from the whole charade aka, "The Decision." Don't play it off like he's ruining his legacy, because he's not.

Yes, he is ruining his legacy. I could tell myself over and over that Gilbert Arenas hasn't ruined his legacy, but just because I say it in my head doesn't make it true. Literally every bball fan I've talked to has said that Lebron is ruining his legacy with this move. Not that he won't go down as a great player, but he had the potential to go down as a top 10 player, or possibly even the GOAT, and now that has gone to %*#%.
This quote takes precedent over ANYTHING that comes out of Bryant Gumbel's mouth regarding Lebron's decision. I'll take the word of a current player who is clearly non-biased over a talking head whose basis for their viewpoint is due STRICTLY to how Lebron conducted himself.

..and the word is coming from Mr. "anything is possible" KG?
laugh.gif

Where in that quote, did KG imply that Lebron should go play second-fiddle to another superstar in his prime? KG and Lebron were not in the same situation. the T-Wolves were wack every year he was there, with the exception of their 04 WCF run. He had experienced more 60-LOSS seasons than 60-win seasons. I can almost guarantee to you that if KG was in the same situation and Minnesota had just won 60+ games twice, he would not have left. And if he did leave, he sure as hell wouldn't have teamed up with Kobe or Duncan.

DJs what is your deal with this issue, man? You're one of my favorite NTers, but you've been defending Lebron like Gloria the past couple days? You can't block out people's reasonable, logic arguments by saying "You're just a hater" when literally EVERYBODY in the media (including current/former players), as well as casual AND hardcore basketball fans, are basically saying the same thing.

What reason would Bryant Gumbel have to hate on Lebron? He's not some message board Lakers fan.. same goes for guys like Barkley and Reggie. Barkley in particular has been on Lebron's nuts since he came into the league.. You gonna call him a "hater" as well? At some point, you have to realize that, while there are some haters out there, a lot of people find legitimate reason to criticize Lebron's move. People wanted Lebron to live up to his self-proclaimed "Chosen 1" and "King James" title and push himself to his full potential as a player.. now we will likely never see that from him. That's why people are criticizing him.. it's not all "hate."

Back
Top Bottom