Soooo is Toyota...

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by gumbottombandit

i doubt it. cigarettes have been killing people for over a hundred years and that business is still going.
yea but they tell you it can kill you before you buy them, so basically they are doing no wrong if they tell you before hand.

and toyota is having a recall on their vehicals with this problem.... so they are telling you if you bought a vehical at this certain time... bring it in and they will fix it....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
kicksfiend wrote:

Toyota is currently rated Aa1 by Moody’s Corp., AA by Standard & Poor’s, and AAA by Japan’s Rating and Investment Information Inc...

However...

"the cost of protecting the company's bonds against default has risen. The price on five-year credit default swaps linked to Toyota’s debt widened by about 40 basis points between Jan. 15 and Feb. 9, as the world’s biggest automaker expanded its recall in the U.S., according to data compiled by CMA DataVision."

And people still think otherwise no matter how much facts are out there. Toyota can never do no wrong in the eyes of a Toyota customer or anyone who is biased towards imports in general.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Toyota is ranked like number 7 on Fortune 500 list.

I'm just curious... If ur accelerator sticks, can u just switch the gears to neutral? Would that prevent the car from accelerating more?
or quickly flick the hazard and turn off the ignition...

Originally Posted by seniosoul

I'm just curious... If ur accelerator sticks, can u just switch the gears to neutral? Would that prevent the car from accelerating more?
That's a really bad idea because at best you lose your power brakes and steering and at worst the steering lock engages.

last estimate I heard was about 5 billi they might have to pay out with the class-action lawsuits from owners, victims and shareholders

there is 8 billion in pending litigation off of these recall accidents. Not enough to shut them down, but def enough to make them have to change up and prolly remove the lower selling units out of their product line. I think more than anything its going to take them 10-15yrs to regain a reputation for quality again. The real problem here is they aren't overly willing to fully commit/admit to this accelerator issue.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

i doubt it. cigarettes have been killing people for over a hundred years and that business is still going.
yea but they tell you it can kill you before you buy them, so basically they are doing no wrong if they tell you before hand.

and toyota is having a recall on their vehicals with this problem.... so they are telling you if you bought a vehical at this certain time... bring it in and they will fix it....

I think the guy that this just happened to took his car and they told him he was ok. I dont think toyota can go bankrupt but with so much competition out there I dont think they will be number 1 for a long time.

Originally Posted by skillzboy44

lol bankrupt, that's funny! oh wait... you were serious
indifferent.gif

I mean.. I am lit up on some hash and it is before 7AM but damn people are %@$*%*% stupid.

Their CDS (credit default swaps) have been trading higher, but the equity is fine. the notion of this post comes from people that have no idea what they're talking about, but it's anyone's freedom to speculate. every relax. i've been on wall street almost 10 yrs now, this is a blip compared to the !@#$ show we've seen with the financial sector over the last 2 yrs.

Every company has recalls. I have a lexus so call me bias but some of these new claims sound outlandish to me.

turns out some dude got sent to jail for rear ending someone when his car accelerated, he got charged with reckless wanton endangerment or something...due is going to be ballin after he sues everyone.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by seniosoul

That's a really bad idea because at best you lose your power brakes and steering and at worst the steering lock engages.

roll.gif
Yeah... that would be terrible. 

I would have to throw it in N and do the whole E-Brake.  So, when it's stuck accelerating, the brakes do not work?  Or is it more so that the tires constantly spin even though you are pressing on the brakes?

Ford is about to pass Toyota in Sales this year. More and more people are starting to buy Fords. That could be contributing to Toyota's sales drop and their default swaps rising. They will have to restructure if things continue with the company on top of their recalls. restructure= Chapter 11

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Incredibly bad parallel. I don't even know what to say if you think the situations are remotely similar. 

i don't recall saying the two subjects were the exact same.  the fact that a number of consumers died after use of the product and the company never went under was the point i was making.  i guess with you i have to compare an apple to an apple.  see if this one works for you, in the early 90's ford did a recall on the crown vics because the gas tank was situated in a place where if the driver was rear ended, the car could explode.  ford hasn't folded.  firestone had an issue with tires shredding prier to normal ware and it caused a number of car accidents.   

Back
Top Bottom