Southern Producers > East Coast Producers

Originally Posted by Nate Robinson

^Relax dog..its not even an A1 beat

laugh.gif
forget a beat we talking music now. Get out of your hip hop box for aminute
nerd.gif

Drumma Boy produced this too and all southern beats sound the same huh???

While yall east coast cats sittin around paying for or getting denied of a sample clearance, we�sitting back and composing from scratch. You cant sample asample...remember that!

Strictly speakin drums, these southern producers all rely on a single 808 kit for ALL their beats. Hip Hop is a percussion based music and these southernproducers probably couldn't name 5 breaks. Chord progression makes you a nice keyboard player, slicing up Dee Felice into a straight break makes you trueto this. Word to Paul C.

why don't yall east coast dudes just admit that yall have to rely on lyrics
dip-set-di-1.jpg

beats> lyrics

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

southern drum patterns suck. all that "aye...aye...aye" *%*# that ol boy be doin is annoying.
that snare roll *%*# is also annoying. its like they cant rap over *%*# down there if that lil piece aint in their beat.

Originally Posted by Triple Homicide

Drumma Boy produced this too and all southern beats sound the same huh???

While yall east coast cats sittin around paying for or getting denied of a sample clearance, we�sitting back and composing from scratch. You cant sample a sample...remember that!

laugh.gif
, but really though
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by JsindaA

South > East??? How? The only dudes that's doin it right now are very very very very repititve. Add another very. Sans Toomp. Everyone else makes the same beat pretty much EVERY time(Zay, Shawty Redd, Midnight Black, etc.) Put it like this in the last 5 years there have been a total of maybe 2 albums(not including what Toomp has done with TI) that were actually great to classic albums produced by these cats (TM101 is definitely one). Where as you have AG, Black Album, Untitled, and I'm prolly missing a couple more come from east coast producers. Heck name ONE album in the last 5 years that a southern producer did that's even close to one of those albums.....musically. Don't worry I'll wait. For those who think that sampling is easier than interpolating
roll.gif
Yea...ok.
Go listen to College Dropout then come back and we'll talk about some things. If you guys want to talk about MUSICALLY talented producers...you need to look at R&B....not hip hop. So while the southern producers are doing alot of singles these days...they aren't putting out good albums...which east coast producers are and have been for a while now. I digress.
laugh.gif
Your making alot of my points tho

All those albums have southern producers on their Black album and Untitled had singles produced by southern producers................next

Production wise Self made, Trilla, Port of Miami, Im drawing blanks but I could name a few more they could mess with them production Untitled was not shining production wise anyways...................

Record or nowadays copy and pasting a part of a song is harder than playing a song by ear? Have you ever been in a studio? Have you evr study music theory?

Obviously R&B is superior to hip hop in production but let ask u who tends to produce for R&B artist and hip hop artist? Rico Wade, Toomp, Shawty Redd, Fatboi, JD, Jazze Pha, Don Vito, among many others heck even Lil Jon can do R&B too. Other than Swizz who up east can do both? Ill wait...........
Being that I already said that southern producers do singles...I have no clue why you'd say...those albums have southern produced singles
alien.gif
. Sampling is not just copy paste...for you to even suggest that is ludicrous. You have to match tempos...and EVERY drum, hi hat and snare MUST go with the sample for it to sound right. Oh not to mention finding the right placement and the right part of a song to sample...which depending on the producer and his ear can produce a good 20 different beats from one sample...but yes it's VERY easy
indifferent.gif
. Yea I've been in a studio....produced for plenty of people so I kinda know what I'm talking about. Oh and yea I did...actually I'm currently studying music theory.
eyes.gif
Shawty Redd...R&B?????
roll.gif
roll.gif
....only ones up there who actually are versatile like that are Jazze, JD, and Rico....Maybe Toomp. Don Vito is from Indiana. So the East has Don Vito, Kanye(if you want to count him), Rodney Jerkins, the Hitmen, Ryan Leslie, B Cox, thats just off the top of my head...I know I'm forgetting plenty of people.
If Don Vito is from Indiana.........O nevamind anyway he makes south music like Kanye is from ATL but makes well not really south music, Premo is from Texas but dm near created the 90s east coast sound, Leslie is from DC and I dont know why u would bring him up his credit game aint up there yet and B Cox is born and raised in the South

So DC isn't east coast? Seriously? Whatever...and lets take him and B Cox off....East is still winning. If we are seriously talking about musicaltalent...none of the south dudes you named are touching Rodney Jerkins or the Hitmen except B Cox....and he's not the typical south producers he has moreof an east coast sound. This thread is goin a million different directions...but bottom line, musically the East > South. The South has an in sound rightnow....the East has a much more versatile sound....and FTR has made many more timeless records. It's as simple as if you want a bangin single call asouthern producer, you want a bangin album....call an east coast cat. It's not really a superiority complex...it's just a fact proven by years andyears of consistency. Seems like alotta dudes got that "it's hot right now syndrome" kinda like in sports...the hottest player for a coupleseasons isn't suddenly better than the cat who's been dominating for YEARS but his production has dropped slightly. Not how it works....let the southbuild up a better body of work before claiming they have the best producers.

So for all of this advanced southern production in the new millennium, where are the classic albums?

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

laugh.gif
forget a beat we talking music now. Get out of your hip hop box for a minute
nerd.gif
Dog...

It's Hip-Hop music.

You tryin to make it more than what it is.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Im saying son trying to make it like Drumma is the modern day Bach

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Dog...

It's Hip-Hop music.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Dog...

It's Hip-Hop music.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He closer to Bach then Premo will ever be and my bad for trying to make Hip Hop music bigger than chopping up other peoples music yall have funwith that I'll get back to listening to this Dream
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Straight up, we have the best musicians in the game, hell Pimp C would shut down ANY dude you put in front of him production wise.
All I listen to is southern rap and nothing else but
indifferent.gif

Straight up, we have the best musicians in the game, hell Pimp C would shut down ANY dude you put in front of him production wise.

Stoupe > the south.

Originally Posted by Xplicit213

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
@ dude thinking Pimp C is some production God

roll.gif
roll.gif
......This dude just made my night.....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

its too many certain South cats in here D-riding they Region & Too many East Coast Cats in Here D-Riding they region as well
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Basically.

%@%@@% getting riled up for no reason...but the insults are hilarious.
roll.gif

NOT REALLY...as i stated before on this thread

to sum this argument up .....

(south) has the beats and the (east coast) has the lyrics -this is coming from a TX. cat done deal

and to put it like this, i rather listen to east coast music like nas,jay z, talib kweli, mos def,method man, wu tang..etc...you get the deal

and i rather listen to south music when im in the club.....other than that east coast music is what i mostly thumb too..

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by Xplicit213

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
@ dude thinking Pimp C is some production God
word...dudes is delusional...i bet if pimp c wasnt sent to god, he wouldnt even be in this topic...dude is trash..Rodney Jerkins > Pimp C

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

its too many certain South cats in here D-riding they Region & Too many East Coast Cats in Here D-Riding they region as well
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Basically.

roll.gif

(south) has the beats and the (east coast) has the lyrics -this is coming from a TX. cat done deal

and to put it like this, i rather listen to east coast music like nas,jay z, talib kweli, mos def,method man, wu tang..etc...you get the deal

and i rather listen to south music when im in the club.....other than that east coast music is what i mostly thumb too..
fam, look at your avy...you rock ya fitteds with the tag still on it like you dip..and on top of that you took the pic with a sidekick...youropinion is null and void

Originally Posted by jb 11368

This is the dumbest thing ever said in here. So now it's a bad thing to actually know how to rap? And y'all wonder why rap is in the toilet.

How is it stupid if it's true I didn't say it was weak to rely on lyrics, lyrics are a key part to the puzzle, but it doesn't complete the puzzle,when a song comes on the first thing you hear is the beat

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Basically.

roll.gif

fam, look at your avy...you rock ya fitteds with the tag still on it like you dip..and on top of that you took the pic with a sidekick...your opinion is null and void
it aint a fitted its a snap back ..get it straight kid...i just took the pic like that to show its an official authintic starter snap back....sothink first , before you judge. and fam, look at your avy you pretending to be someone you aint.. and my opinon is 100% true..why would i lie.

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

This is the dumbest thing ever said in here. So now it's a bad thing to actually know how to rap? And y'all wonder why rap is in the
toilet.

How is it stupid if it's true I didn't say it was weak to rely on lyrics, lyrics are a key part to the puzzle, but it doesn't complete the puzzle, when a song comes on the first thing you hear is the beat

Thats why rap is in the toilet.....

You got Timbaland. So I'll agree just on him alone. Neptunes are a bonus. But Just Blaze, DJ Premier, and The Alchemist hold their own. It's a diffvibe. And its all based on what you prefer. I prefer the gritty beats of NY producers more than the upbeat South sound. We all favor a certain style. So thisis all opinion not fact. So please everyone. Don't take it too seriously lol.

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

This is the dumbest thing ever said in here. So now it's a bad thing to actually know how to rap? And y'all wonder why rap is in the toilet.

How is it stupid if it's true I didn't say it was weak to rely on lyrics, lyrics are a key part to the puzzle, but it doesn't complete the puzzle, when a song comes on the first thing you hear is the beat
See, this is where our regions differ. We prefer a plain beat that just allows for a crazy flow and lyrics over a bass thumpin club joint. It's all preference. Sure a beat can make or break a song a lot of the time. But remember what the great hip hop songs and albums have in common. Greatlyrics. Beats are just a way for people to actually sit through the entire song by loosening them up and listen.

Back
Top Bottom