Space Jam 11's in December 2016? VOL - RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR NOT CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how you posted that the Jordan 19 was $165 while the Jordan 17 and 18 were $200 and $175 respectively. Never count a change out my friend and it was a good debate by the way, the main point was proven true that the price doesn't increase every year; that's all that matters. Also the 72-10 11s considered a special commemoration, it wouldn't make since for the to charge $220 for a standard Jordan 11 (I believe $200 to $210 maybe) but not $220 +
Sort of playing Devil's Advocate here, but should the Space Jams release they could call it the 20th Anniversary of the movie and thus it'd be a "special commemoration" shoe. Plus, it doesn't have to make sense, Jordan Brand will still do it lol

I'd love for the shoe to be priced lower, I just don't realistically see it happing.

Sort of playing Devil's Advocate here, but should the Space Jams release they could call it the 20th Anniversary of the movie and thus it'd be a "special commemoration" shoe. Plus, it doesn't have to make sense, Jordan Brand will still do it lol

I'd love for the shoe to be priced lower, I just don't realistically see it happing.
I agree they could go that route if they release this year. JB could have done the same thing with the Hare Jordans but they were the standard GR price (though they are not an 11 the special commemoration could be applied here too).

True, XIs haven't increased in price EVERY year, but they sure as hell haven't gone down lol. 

The only time I believe the price went down was when the 25th Anniversary XIs came out. It went from $175 for the '09 Space Jam to $150 for the anniversary sneaker. Then again the anniversary was not a holiday release. 

The point was brought up that the 72-10s had tumbled leather rather than the typical ballistic mesh, and that is a valid point but I highly doubt Jordan Brand is gonna bring the price down. The shoes WILL sell out at $220 even if people like you and I choose to pass.
This was my point too. Leather instead of mesh sure, but they know the colorway and the market's thirst for it. It'll sell out at $220 without question; they just have no reason to lower it.

This was my point too. Leather instead of mesh sure, but they know the colorway and the market's thirst for it. It'll sell out at $220 without question; they just have no reason to lower it.
Of course, hardcore fans and uneducated fans will purchase them no matter the price but the reason I'm saying $200 to $210 is because the materials used. Also, the Columbia/Legend Blue 11s were $200 and they had leather instead of the usual mesh.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the "Remastered" series begin around this time last year? Technically the 72-10 was the first Mid Air Jordan XI to be "remastered". For all we know the price was driven up due to "remastering" not necessarily the tumbled leather. Perhaps the 72-10 was setting the precedent for Air Jordan XI prices for the future.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the "Remastered" series begin around this time last year? Technically the 72-10 was the first Mid Air Jordan XI to be "remastered". For all we know the price was driven up due to "remastering" not necessarily the tumbled leather. Perhaps the 72-10 was setting the precedent for Air Jordan XI prices for the future.
Well there is something about this theory that doesn't make since, The Nike Air Maroon 6s and Cement 4s are the same price. Usually the 11s would have a higher price than those models. Special commemoration could be applied to those too.

Well there is something about this theory that doesn't make since, The Nike Air Maroon 6s and Cement 4s are the same price. Usually the 11s would have a higher price than those models. Special commemoration could be applied to those too.
The "Nike Air" treatment man. "Nike Air" White Cement IIIs came out in Jan. 2013 and retailed for $200. Jumpman Fire Red IIIs also released the summer of 2013 for $160. The Holiday Release of 2013 was the Gamma Blue Air Jordan XI which retailed for $185. 

If they release an Air Jordan XI with "Nike Air" insoles I wouldn't put it past Nike/Jordan Brand to charge $250 
laugh.gif

What's that mean? Live reading of space jam? Lol I seriously don't get that
I think the actors just read off the script lol. Sort of like a play

Last edited:

The "Nike Air" treatment man. "Nike Air" White Cement IIIs came out in Jan. 2013 and retailed for $200. Jumpman Fire Red IIIs also released the summer of 2013 for $160. The Holiday Release of 2013 was the Gamma Blue Air Jordan XI which retailed for $185. 

If they release an Air Jordan XI with "Nike Air" insoles I wouldn't put it past Nike/Jordan Brand to charge $250 
laugh.gif

I think the actors just read off the script lol. Sort of like a play
Ok, though by that same logic couldn't the Space Jam be in between the $200 to $210 range?

Ok, though by that same logic couldn't the Space Jam be in between the $200 to $210 range?
It COULD be, I'm just saying I highly doubt it. I hope I'm wrong because it'd be awesome to get some Space Jams at a lower than expected price (albeit just a few dollars lower).

We haven't seen a "remastered" Air Jordan XI yet since the 72-10 was a new colorway.

Let's look at the Air Jordan IV. 

The first remastered Air Jordan IV was the Columbias. That was January 2015, they retailed for $190.

The last IV to release before that was in 2013, the Fear IVs. Those retailed for $175. (These could even be considered a "special" release since the general release IVs that year retailed at $160, both OG and new colorways)

So the price difference between a "non-remastered" and remastered Air Jordan IV is $15-30 (depending which 2013 release IVs you're basing off of).

So now let's apply that to the Air Jordan XI. The last colorway to release before the remastered series was the Legend Blues in Dec. 2014. Those retailed for $200.

Applying the price bump we saw with the Air Jordan IV, a remastered Air Jordan XI should go for $215 MINIMUM.

Remember how you posted that the Jordan 19 was $165 while the Jordan 17 and 18 were $200 and $175 respectively. Never count a change out my friend and it was a good debate by the way, the main point was proven true that the price doesn't increase every year; that's all that matters. Also the 72-10 11s considered a special commemoration, it wouldn't make since for the to charge $220 for a standard Jordan 11 (I believe $200 to $210 maybe) but not $220 +
Your blurring the lines. He proved the models increased each year maybe pulled back because of poor sale but you cant lump retros with flagship. Xi retros have increased at least each year as far as i can remember. Off the top, breds were 185, Legends 200, 72-10s 220. They will level there then drop something to raise again till there is backlash. I dont think the commemoritive angle matters. Sbb's werent any diff. That graph belongs in the Jordan xxx thread.

Last edited:
True, XIs haven't increased in price EVERY year, but they sure as hell haven't gone down lol. 
The only time I believe the price went down was when the 25th Anniversary XIs came out. It went from $175 for the '09 Space Jam to $150 for the anniversary sneaker. Then again the anniversary was not a holiday release. 

The point was brought up that the 72-10s had tumbled leather rather than the typical ballistic mesh, and that is a valid point but I highly doubt Jordan Brand is gonna bring the price down. The shoes WILL sell out at $220 even if people like you and I choose to pass.

The most expensive part of the shoe (Jordan in this case) is the sole(s). The rest while substantial in their totality are minimal. So tumbled leather vs. mesh has marginal impact on cost. The leather could actually be less expensive in this case.

Agree these will sell out at $220. They'd sell out at $250.

Going to wait for someone to talk about increased costs due to building molds.....Nike has molds built all the time, and it's amortized over the volume of the run. And Nike does very little to nothing in low runs, and if they did, you switch mold materials to reduce costs of the tool.....my contribution to the board for this lovely Friday. :D

this dude always has his incorrect theories and will give made up facts only to be proven wrong everytime...just let him take the L once it gets confirmed

honestly we're getting bred 12s and black metallic 5s this year. that's way better imo, can't beat that... 6 month's before these too. forgot about wc4s. man this year is crazy wit the ogs

still need a pair tho

Last edited:
A lot of people get OD about the collector mentality when it comes this stuff. I understand the whole one to rock and one to stock but people really get kicks just to look at for 7 years? Lol

A lot of people get OD about the collector mentality when it comes this stuff. I understand the whole one to rock and one to stock but people really get kicks just to look at for 7 years? Lol

Forgot I had them so it wasn't an issue, just started getting rid of a lot of shoes I didn't want . Like I said it doesn't bother me if they release. I'm double up anyway

Forgot I had them so it wasn't an issue, just started getting rid of a lot of shoes I didn't want . Like I said it doesn't bother me if they release. I'm double up anyway
No shade on you. Shoes def get lost in the mix sometimes. Just in general though, is that collector mindset that serious?? Or are people trying to stunt. I see it a lot with people who collect 1s too. Not my place to judge others on how they spend their own money though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom