Space Jam 11's in December 2016? VOL - RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR NOT CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shade on you. Shoes def get lost in the mix sometimes. Just in general though, is that collector mindset that serious?? Or are people trying to stunt. I see it a lot with people who collect 1s too. Not my place to judge others on how they spend their own money though.

I collect to wear and the last couple of years I have sold some that I realize I didn't want. I would always get shoes and sit on them because everyone is so quick to wear their new js. So I always liked to bring them out to wear when everyone has forgotten about them. I only double up on shoes I really really like. Evrlery collector is different , some buy shoes just to look at like art and won't sell you any of their collection. Now you have collectors who buy just to stunt.

I still SMH at the fact I sold my 2000 SJ's for $80, worn 5x :lol:

Last edited:
A lot of people get OD about the collector mentality when it comes this stuff. I understand the whole one to rock and one to stock but people really get kicks just to look at for 7 years? Lol
That what they were made for my friend, the shoes weren't made to be worn.

I collect to wear and the last couple of years I have sold some that I realize I didn't want. I would always get shoes and sit on them because everyone is so quick to wear their new js. So I always liked to bring them out to wear when everyone has forgotten about them. I only double up on shoes I really really like. Evrlery collector is different , some buy shoes just to look at like art and won't sell you any of their collection. Now you have collectors who buy just to stunt.
Not disrespect but I don't think anyone will forget about original colorways and the Space Jam 11s that were only released twice (with possibly only one version that is wearable).

Not disrespect but I don't think anyone will forget about original colorways and the Space Jam 11s that were only released twice (with possibly only one version that is wearable).

Your thinking and mine are different . So don't say no disrespect then try to me I didn't forget

DON'T DO IT, JB!!!! This is coming from a guy who doesn't even own Jams, but I know this is a mistake. The JB consumer of the last 5 years has been spoiled rotten. You've released every desired shoe you have to offer and you wonder why shoes are starting to sit?

Why the hell would I buy some ***s**t maroon VI colorway that no one cared  about in '91, when I just picked up decent renditions of the infrared colorways the year before? Everybody isn't dumb.

A lot of people get OD about the collector mentality when it comes this stuff. I understand the whole one to rock and one to stock but people really get kicks just to look at for 7 years? Lol

People collect a lot of different things; baseball cards, coins, comic books, bugs, stamps, cars....some things are more functional than others. I get multiple pairs of what I like because that's what I want to do. Some I wear, some I tuck away. At any time I can sell my DS shoes for maybe twice or three times what I paid.

People collect a lot of different things; baseball cards, coins, comic books, bugs, stamps, cars....some things are more functional than others. I get multiple pairs of what I like because that's what I want to do. Some I wear, some I tuck away. At any time I can sell my DS shoes for maybe twice or three times what I paid.

Exactly

This release hasn't even been confirmed , it's just rumor like the melo 11s and raging bulls 5s that didn't release last year

Sell em, buy the 2016s, keep em DS till the next retro, repeat the process
laugh.gif
Keep them don't try and get the 16s and just enjoy sleeping and not stressing on release day.  
laugh.gif
 and then laugh at the people who have ds 09s and buy 16s to keep them ds, only to have both pairs yellow tremendously and then separate.  

Most of my sneakers are in DS condition. I still buy a few pairs a year with the intent of eventually wearing them for a special occasion. Unfortunately, when that opportunity presents itself, I always end up wearing a pair of boat shoes. Every time I buy a new pair of sneakers, I always get this guilty pleasure type of feeling, where even though I enjoy buying and wearing my sneakers, deep down I know the chances of me wearing them are almost slim to none. This is something that has been going on since 2007 for me, where very few of the sneakers i've bought i've actually worn, all with the intent of actually wearing them.

Last edited:
Most of my sneakers are in DS condition. I still buy a few pairs a year with the intent of eventually wearing them for a special occasion. Unfortunately, when that opportunity presents itself, I always end up wearing a pair of boat shoes. Every time I buy a new pair of sneakers, I always get this guilty pleasure type of feeling, where even though I enjoy buying and wearing my sneakers, deep down I know the chances of me wearing them are almost slim to none. This is something that has been going on since 2007 for me, where very few of the sneakers i've bought i've actually worn, all with the intent of actually wearing them.

Sounds like it's time to move on. I used to be that way too but I've outgrown being a "Sneakerhead". I like sneakers still and I buy some every so often but the fanaticism that I used to have is gone. As I got older I was buying more and more but had less and less time to even wear sneakers so I just phased out of it.

Considering that most of today's "sneaker culture" is made up of teens I'd say hype and popularity has more to do with it than nostalgia. The majority of the people buying out of nostalgia are more than likely to old to be swept up in the trends and def aren't Nikes target market.

Sounds like it's time to move on. I used to be that way too but I've outgrown being a "Sneakerhead". I like sneakers still and I buy some every so often but the fanaticism that I used to have is gone. As I got older I was buying more and more but had less and less time to even wear sneakers so I just phased out of it.
Believe it or not I didn't cop a single pair of sneakers from 2008-2009 (apart from the space jams). I thought I was done for good and than the space jams got me right back into it. Even though I don't buy as much as I once used too, I still pick up 3-4 pairs a year. I'm Just waiting for the xvi's to drop again and I think I'll officially be calling it quits. (Even though I doubt I'll probably wear those either).

Believe it or not I didn't cop a single pair of sneakers from 2008-2009 (apart from the space jams). I thought I was done for good and than the space jams got me right back into it. Even though I don't buy as much as I once used too, I still pick up 3-4 pairs a year. I'm Just waiting for the xvi's to drop again and I think I'll officially be calling it quits. (Even though I doubt I'll probably wear those either).

Wasn't that the worst era for Jordans, quality wise?

I wouldn't know. I've never owned a single pair of sneakers from that era. :lol:

I would say that 2012-2014 was the absolute worst in terms of material quality in my opinion.

2008-2009 was probably the worst for Jordan XIs overall though. They still haven't gotten them all the way right in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom