"Space Jams" - OG colorway or PE?

The space jams xi are indeed complicated.
1. The ones he wore in the playoffs were actually not the space jams but PE s with a very dark shade of blue and the number 45 at the heel.
But the ones he wore in the movie space jam were with varsity blue and the 23 like the 2000 xi retro general release.
I would say the 2000 space jams were a retro xi but actually an original colorway that did not release to the public.
I wish jb will retro the xvii lows in white/royal-copper which was mj's pe. Would cause the same question :wink:

1. The ones he wore in the playoffs were actually not the space jams but PE s with a very dark shade of blue and the number 45 at the heel.
But the ones he wore in the movie space jam were with varsity blue and the 23 like the 2000 xi retro general release.
I would say the 2000 space jams were a retro xi but actually an original colorway that did not release to the public.
I wish jb will retro the xvii lows in white/royal-copper which was mj's pe. Would cause the same question :wink:

didnt his PEs actually have Concord purple on the traction pods? if i remember correctly, him wearing Concords violated team policy at the time where teams had to wear predominantly black kicks.So Nike blacked out the upper on the Concords and changed the color of the jumpman to Concord so that they wouldnt have to pay fines.

I wish jb will retro the xvii lows in white/royal-copper which was mj's pe. Would cause the same question
wink.gif
didnt his PEs actually have Concord purple on the traction pods? if i remember correctly, him wearing Concords violated team policy at the time where teams had to wear predominantly black kicks.So Nike blacked out the upper on the Concords and changed the color of the jumpman to Concord so that they wouldnt have to pay fines.
space jams were made specifically made for da movie.

air-jordan-11-xi-original-og-space-jams-black-varsity-royal-white-9.jpg

notice da embroidered 23

when jordan came back he was wearing da concords, then when he started to get fined he started wearing da pair with 45 in da back.

air-jordan-xi-space-jam-autographed-game-worn-45-samples-05-570x373.jpg

when they were going to were em in 2000 da samples were initially going to have da 45 in da back as well..

air-jordan-xi-retro-space-jam-45-sample.jpg

overall, its definitely a OG colorway..

c'mon everyone remembers...

Purple jumpman, blue jumpman. It's an OG colorway that wasn't available to the public until the first wave of XI retros. Not that complex to me.

Nah, it was not because of the concord on the traction pods as it was only on the bottom.
The reason was that the white/black-dark concords are basically a white shoe with some black around the shoe. But all other bulls teammates were wearing black based shoes in the playoffs.
The dress code regulation was much more strict back then.
But i think u r right about his black xi pes with the
Dark concord traction pods and jumpman.
It was surely not varsity royal.

Last edited:
Imagine how complicated things will be with Lebron and when they start retroing his line. Since he has so many PE's that never get released. You'd have to go through 82 games to see what exactly he wore and if it's a retro+ or OG colorway.

Nah, it was not because of the concord on the traction pods as it was only on the bottom.
The reason was that the white/black-dark concords are basically a white shoe with some black around the shoe. But all other bulls teammates were wearing black based shoes in the playoffs.
The dress code regulation was much more strict back then.
But i think u r right about his black xi pes with the
Dark concord traction pods and jumpman.
It was surely not varsity royal.

This.

Back
Top Bottom