Speaking of bears, is it a good time to invest now that the economy seems to be "recovering"

I know some of you dudes Betty Crocker it investing... looks like now is a good time to invest no? Discuss.

nerd.gif

Six months ago, yes.

Now, not as well.

We're almost at peak, in many investment strategists' opinions.

The bad news is, just wait until everyone from Joe Blow to Barack Jokebama figure out it was an artificial surge.

I don't think anyone actually reads quarterly earnings reports from any company or corporation anymore, even the SEC.

8bf156e4b73b94fbf8d7838eef4e417cfa1068b.jpg

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I don't know anything, but I'm posting a huge stoneface to pretend I know everything:smokin[/color]

There are stocks out there that are worth investing. Such as companies that are about to be taken over as they pay a premium when they buy the company. But bythe time you'll find out about that their value has already jumped as hedge funds and investment banks have already bought them up. If you are going to buystocks, do it short term. See it rise like 10% and jump out. Investing in stocks long term atm isn't the smartest of ideas. Only company that might be isGoogle. But that's because they always find a way into a new market. And their advertisement and search engine markets are just so dominate.

I have a feeling that the stock market is due for a correction, but If I were you I would look into green IPO's that should be coming out soon (i.e tesla).

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

I have a feeling that the stock market is due for a correction, but If I were you I would look into green IPO's that should be coming out soon (i.e tesla).

Now, there's some spoken word.

Green IPO's are going to be big, now that the initiative is under way.

Originally Posted by corporateJP

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Now, there's some spoken word.

Green IPO's are going to be big, now that the initiative is under way.
What are examples of "green" ipo's?

Look I'm a rookie in the game. I read up on investopedia, my text books at schools, try and catch as much financial news as I can, but I've found Ilearn the most from picking the brain's of those in the know.

I am getting a bursary of $500 this week and I want to make it grow. Is $500 enough capital to start out?

Yea it really depends which companies ur investing in. Like previously mentioned, green companies are supposed to be big.

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Yea it really depends which companies ur investing in. Like previously mentioned, green companies are supposed to be big.

What are some examples of green companies you are feeling?

Did you not see the news on Dubai? 60 billon dollar default possible. This just might be the catalyst everyones been waiting for.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Yes but what does one do to take advantage of it

Nothing. In case you didn't see the market on Friday, the market rebounded and we're choosing to ignore it. The trade everyone should be watching isthe Dollar carry trade. If the dollar continues falling, the markets will rise. If we see a pullback, the markets will fall. I'd be looking at that 75level on the DXY index. If we break above it, we're in for a serious correction. If the DXY index continues falling, excess liquidity will pushstocks/commodities higher.

Dubai isn't going to be a big deal here. I actually expect the market to post solid gains on Monday. In part because early signs point to a strong holidayseason for retailers and in part because people realize that the U.S isn't too exposed in respect to what's happening in Dubai.

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

Dubai isn't going to be a big deal here. I actually expect the market to post solid gains on Monday. In part because early signs point to a strong holiday season for retailers and in part because people realize that the U.S isn't too exposed in respect to what's happening in Dubai.

smh.gif
Spreads on sovereign credit widening ridiculously while currencies readjust due to shifting risk appetites and that "isn't going to be a bigdeal"? Did you not see the huge sell-off in gold as every long DD (dollar-denominated) assets/short USD trader !#*! himself because the dollarstrengthened to 75 ? If the situation in Dubai worsens, there will be huge contagion effects on US markets (USD carry trade and commercial real estate just forstarters).

Also, "early signs point to strong holiday season sales"? Stop watching CNBC. You may be right about possible gains on Monday, but your reasoning isall $%@*** up.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

Qpitfighter said:
Dubai isn't going to be a big deal here. I actually expect the market to post solid gains on Monday. In part because early signs point to a strong holiday season for retailers and in part because people realize that the U.S isn't too exposed in respect to what's happening in Dubai.

smh.gif
Spreads on sovereign credit widening ridiculously while currencies readjust due to shifting risk appetites and that "isn't going to be a bigdeal"? Did you not see the huge sell-off in gold as every long DD (dollar-denominated) assets/short USD trader !#*! himself because the dollarstrengthened to 75 ? If the situation in Dubai worsens, there will be huge contagion effects on US markets (USD carry trade and commercial real estate just forstarters).

Also, "early signs point to strong holiday season sales"? Stop watching CNBC. You may be right about possible gains on Monday, but your reasoning isall $%@*** up.

I don't watch CNBC and the huge sell off was an overreaction. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

Back
Top Bottom