Speaking of transsexuals, please watch this.

I am pretty accepting, but I must admit I did not understand those who went on to do really invasive procedures and serious surgery to permanently alter their natural born bodies/sex. I just thought it went against nature (nature, NOT GOD) and it was just...maybe they will never be happy if they "hate themselves" that much anyway? I was wrong. So wrong. After all this was just an assumption, I do not know any trans people irl. 

I didn't fully get the trans experience until I watched/read this woman tell her story. Reason I am posting this in a separate thread: I just don't want it to get lost in that massive post. It deserves its own post anyway. I hope it can do for you, what it did for me and at the end of the day, one more understanding person in this world has emerged. There is so much transphobia on this site and I get it, maybe you don't know any trans persons...but they are people too and they deserve happiness/love too. They are not freaks. 

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/telling-partner-youre-transgender-janet-mock

READ THIS; NO CLIFF NOTES (it's a beautiful essay): 

"When I was a kid I had a series of dreams that involved Immature. You know, that baby boy band starring Roger from "Sister, Sister"?

Anyway, my dreams usually involved group member LDB (Little Drummer Boy) singing "Never Lie" to me in the tree that stood in front of my window.

Since then, I've sat across many men on dates and wondered what their fantasies were. By then mine always involved them really liking me and me playing the distant, mysterious girl they couldn't quite figure out.

Really it was more about me not getting too close. Because if I got too close, you see,  I'd have to tell him my "T".

Oh, I keep forgetting you may not be the T so you may not know my T or what T is at all.

My T is basically my story. My story being that I'm a young woman who happens to be transgender. Still not getting it?

I was born a girl but in a boy's body, as media headlines tend to scream when telling stories like mine. 

JANETbaby.jpg

Being trans, I've grown up with the understanding that most women are born girls, yet some are born boys. And most men are born boys, yet some are born girls. And if you're ready for this, some people are born girls or boys and choose to identify outside of our society's binary system, making them genderqueer.

Regardless, I was born me and in order to be me, I had to take many steps to affirm my me to myself, my family, the world around me and then once I dealt with my gender change as a teenager, to the men I dated.

And this is where it gets tricky, and for some trans women, even dangerous.

Though many guys I've dated do not and may never know the gender history of the girl they randomly made out with on St. Marks (this is a whole 'nother post!), I have relayed my story to a select few. But there is only one man whom I wanted to tell my story to from the very first night we met.

JANETboyfriend.JPG

It was early Easter morning 2009, and I was tipsy from shots a pair of British soccer players kept bringing me and my girlfriend. We were at some bar on the Lower East Side and I was twirling on the dance floor. 

"This is my song," I remember saying frequently. It was that kind of night.

In the midst of my tipsyness, I felt someone looking at me. You know that feeling when you sense there's a singular focus just on you? That's what it was. 

As I turned around, I see the guy, this handsome, handsome man with skin the color of caramel popcorn and almond-shaped eyes. His beauty, to me, is right out of my mind's own sketch pad.

He's a fantasy come true, and I want him to want me.

"Hey," he says as I push curls out of my face, serving him my very best angle. "I really want to talk to you but I gotta pee. Will you wait for me?"

Will I wait for you? **** yeah.

I nod, rushing back over to my girlfriend and the two soccer studs. Quickly powdering my T-zone and applying a coat of lip gloss, I'm ready to do my whole mysterious hot girl routine.

But when he comes back over, he throws me: "Take a walk with me."

I find myself out on the cold streets, walking beside this beautiful stranger into a coffee shop on Houston. We have lattes and a cinnamon roll. He tells me he's from North Dakota, I tell him I'm from Hawaii. He tells me he takes photos and trains dogs for a living,  I tell him I'm an editor for a popular website. He tells me he hopes to have horses someday, I tell him I want to tell stories that matter for a living. 

It's the kind of exchange only two people who are willing to fully be seen can share. It's natural and life-shifting.

I could feel the mystery I had so tirelessly built around me fall, until I'm just me.

He kisses me on the cheek and puts me in a cab, where I receive his very first text: "You're a complete pleasure. –Aaron."

In the next month, Aaron and I go on a series of casual dates (The New Museum, a Tribeca Film Festival screening, opening night of J.J. Abrams' Star Trek), before I find myself on his bed, naked -- figuratively that is.

"I have something to tell you," I remember saying. 

Aaron stood at the foot of his bed, readying himself for disappointment, it seemed to me. Or at least that's what I internalized. 

How do I say this?  I ask myself.

"OK, let me just say it: I was born a boy."

I don't look at his face while spouting off the details of my journey through genders as a kid: "I knew I was a girl from my very first thoughts." "I began presenting as female from age 12";  "I took hormones in high school"; "I flew to Thailand to have surgery at 18."

When I finally stopped talking, I exhaled. I'd finally told someone I was falling for my whole story. And I was afraid that my biggest fear would come true: Aaron would look at me differently.

And it did come true.

I could no longer just be Aaron's fantasy, a mixed girl with curly hair from Hawaii with a master's degree and a job that "a million girls would kill for." Our fantasies had ended and now we were just two people bare in front of one another. 

"Can I hug you?" Aaron asked. 

And it was then that I went into the ugly cry. For the first time in my young life I was being seen, fully seen as the totality of my experiences.

Fast-forward a few years, and Aaron is now my guy, the man I order dinner with every night, the one who begrudgingly sits beside me as I watch every Real Housewives franchise (except for Orange County), the one who questions my newfound love of neon pink OCC lip tars.

Most importantly, he's the one who doesn't want me to be a mystery, not to him at least. He wants to know me, to ask me questions about my past, force me to retrace steps that have made me the woman I am today. He's also the one who pushed me to begin fulfilling my dream of writing stories that matter: my own, my forthcoming memoir.

We're real together, and Aaron and the friendship and love affair that we've built is my foundation. A platform that has fortified my own sense of self, and has, in the nearly three years since we've met on that Lower East Side dance floor, given me the strength to step out of my shadow and come forward as a trans woman, lending my story as one of many narratives on what it means to be a young woman who happened to be born a boy. 

Aaron is better than my tweenage fantasies, better than the dreams I had of some boybander singing to me in a tree, better than anything I could've written for my protagonists. 

He's better because he's real, because he exists, because he wants more than just the idea of me. He wants me."

I have only seen one as of late? I would've posted this in there, if it had only been a few pages.... from the looks of it, that post is a massive cluster**** now. I hpe this one can be more positive and supportive, but mostly just spreading awareness from someone who lives the life. 

I just can't get down with the "I was born a boy but inside I'm a girl" reasoning. You were born as what you were imo.

Do black people say "I was born black but I'm really caucasian", or any race for that matter.

That whole reasoning to me just seems like a cop out

I have only seen one as of late? I would've posted this in there, if it had only been a few pages.... from the looks of it, that post is a massive cluster**** now. I hpe this one can be more positive and supportive, but mostly just spreading awareness from someone who lives the life. 
Just. Got. Real.

Cool, so are you a transgender yourself?

Just. Got. Real.

Cool, so are you a transgender yourself?
Do you all not read at all? Why do you choose to let your mind be closed? no, I am not. The woman in the subject of this thread LIVES this life. Why don't you listen to her story and learn something. 

Do you all not read at all? Why do you choose to let your mind be closed? no, I am not. The woman in the subject of this thread LIVES this life. Why don't you listen to her story and learn something. 
I am open to learning, but I asked you if you were a transgender. You answered no, so hey, you said that you are not.

What's up with your handle though?! Kinda' odd if you are seeking respect on any platform...
mean.gif

I just can't get down with the "I was born a boy but inside I'm a girl" reasoning. 

i hate hearing that phrase, it's the one reason i stopped watching taboo on national geographic.

but i have no problem with transgender people, they're human beings just like us so you gotta respect them, my homies roommate is gay and has two transgender friends and they're cool people

I just can't get down with the "I was born a boy but inside I'm a girl" reasoning. 

i hate hearing that phrase, it's the one reason i stopped watching taboo on national geographic.
but i have no problem with transgender people, they're human beings just like us so you gotta respect them, my homies roommate is gay and has two transgender friends and they're cool people

Yea I don't have a problem with them either, it seems like they're trying to justify why they're the way they are. If that's what they want to do cool, they don't have to explain it to anybody.

I just can't get down with the "I was born a boy but inside I'm a girl" reasoning. You were born as what you were imo.
Do black people say "I was born black but I'm really caucasian", or any race for that matter.
That whole reasoning to me just seems like a cop out
laugh.gif

That's pretty accurate. 

However, the OP's post sounds like a PSA against suicide, which is cool. People do need to feel that they are not alone out here, and support groups are necessary.

However, this does not address the very real issue of deception, and how transgender women can get themselves into trouble. I posted this on the other thread...

..for many homophobic dudes, this is their greatest fear. Then to have it spread all over the internet...this is a problem.

Well, imagine you were born "defective" but you are human nonetheless and your greatest fear is to admit you are defective, but all you want is that beautiful experience of connecting to someone at an intimate level. People like Janet Mock do get killed for this, if not end up killing themselves. This is why I post this video, so you know there is someone beyond that "deceptiveness." Instead of freaking out and responding violently, you can realize she or he is someone like Janet Mock...afraid of the embarrassment and failure of their imperfect existence. And that if they break down to you, you just understand it was HARDER than you could ever imagine for them to come "clean" and just politely pass on the experience, if you are not comfortable. The way her boyfriend just offered a gesture of compassion is one of the greatest gifts you can give someone. I don't see why ppl have to go out of their way to make trans* (and LG) ppls lives harder than it already is.The blatant disrespect and violence has to stop though. 

Well, imagine you were born "defective" but you are human nonetheless and your greatest fear is to admit you are defective, but all you want is that beautiful experience of connecting to someone at an intimate level. People like Janet Mock do get killed for this, if not end up killing themselves. This is why I post this video, so you know there is someone beyond that "deceptiveness." Instead of freaking out and responding violently, you can realize she or he is someone like Janet Mock...afraid of the embarrassment and failure of their imperfect existence. And that if they break down to you, you just understand it was HARDER than you could ever imagine for them to come "clean" and just politely pass on the experience, if you are not comfortable. The way her boyfriend just offered a gesture of compassion is one of the greatest gifts you can give someone. I don't see why ppl have to go out of their way to make trans* (and LG) ppls lives harder than it already is.The blatant disrespect and violence has to stop though. 
I don't buy the defective term, as I feel that's a bit harsh. Gender identity disorder is a serious problem for some, but here is the question.

What would those who deal with this issue do, if reassignment surgery weren't available?

Last edited:
A dude I knew in grammar school has since gotten a sex change, won his country's equivalent to American Idol and is now a superstar with movies, tv shows, fashion lines, cds, merchandise, the works. His name was Lorenzo. He calls himself Lory Glory now. Manhands

images

images

219685564_1206542800876.jpg

1,h=257.bild.jpeg

Last edited:
A dude I knew in grammar school has since gotten a sex change, won his country's equivalent to American Idol and is now a superstar with movies, tv shows, fashion lines, cds, merchandise, the works. His name was Lorenzo. He calls himself Lory Glory now. Manhands
images

images

219685564_1206542800876.jpg

1,h=257.bild.jpeg
Oh, I would post a pic of this dude I played football with in High School, but I am afraid that there are no G rated pics around of him/her!

laugh.gif

Every pic has dudes johnson hanging out from under his mini skirt!

Last edited:
I don't buy the defective term, as I feel that's a bit harsh. Gender identity disorder is a serious problem for some, but here is the question.

What would those who deal with this issue do, if reassignment surgery weren't available?
"Defective" is just a simple term for some simple-minded people who can't seem to get the bigger picture. 

Some of those people have lived their lives hating themselves and that manifests in many self-destructive ways, suicide is extremely heavy in this population. This is why it's better to tackle the "issue" ASAP and if parents/guardians are okay, starting treatments in the teen years helps the transition be more "passable." it's a tough f****ng  life for them. Having to worry about being passable by everyone and then passable to themselves. imagine all the anxiety...

If it weren't available, I just hope they are in some type of therapy for the rest of their lives to cope. Again, I don't know any trans ppl irl, just from vlogs and forums...people are really being patient and trying to transition. There are so many closet cases who go on to be grandparents, Idk if it's the happiest of lives, but I'm sure there are ppl suppress it enough to just get on with it. 

images

1,h=257.bild.jpeg

Well damn :lol:, nobody could get fooled by him unless they wanted to be

"Defective" is just a simple term for some simple-minded people who can't seem to get the bigger picture. 

Some of those people have lived their lives hating themselves and that manifests in many self-destructive ways, suicide is extremely heavy in this population. This is why it's better to tackle the "issue" ASAP and if parents/guardians are okay, starting treatments in the teen years helps the transition be more "passable." it's a tough f****ng  life for them. Having to worry about being passable by everyone and then passable to themselves. imagine all the anxiety...

If it weren't available, I just hope they are in some type of therapy for the rest of their lives to cope. Again, I don't know any trans ppl irl, just from vlogs and forums...people are really being patient and trying to transition. There are so many closet cases who go on to be grandparents, Idk if it's the happiest of lives, but I'm sure there are ppl suppress it enough to just get on with it. 
Okay, but you are using the term yourself, and you are not transgender, and you claim to not know any.
 Having to worry about being passable by everyone and then passable to themselves. imagine all the anxiety...
I laughed hard at this, because I don't have to dress up in drag, in order to know this even better than anyone.

So let's take a look at history. Before the bible took over the planet, homosexuality was an accepted way of life, then even welcomed in Roman settings, due to what was considered a transition period for young men and their masters.

Even in Africa, there is a tribe called the Dagora, in which there are some who are believed to exist on a spiritual plane, where there are those who can blend into both the male and then female essence, then acting as a problem solver, a go between for both genders.

I have empathy for anyone dealing in the struggle of feeling alone, and then isolated. However, one cannot pass the blame when a transgender person does not understand, or will simply ignore, the necessity of a level playing field.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom