Originally Posted by eltouha

thanks to the advice in this thread

before
15558_1274360868582_1516762134_701507_3762997_n.jpg

during
15558_1274360908583_1516762134_701508_5017928_n.jpg

after
15558_1281225160185_1516762134_716730_752920_n.jpg
I did the same thing to my pair. Prepped the whole midsole with acetone. Painted the midsole using angelus leather paint. After a couple wears the paint started chipping again. Did I do something wrong?
Nope, you did fine. That is the reality of the situation. I usually do a touch up job with the Angelus Acrylic paint after every 5 wears. Not you, but others are acting all surprised. Do people realize we're buying a sneaker that cost less than $15 to create? Yes it will chip and crack because the combination of cheaper products and pressure on these soles will inevitably force the paint to loosen on the rubber soles.

There is no other solution better than Angelus Acrylic paint. You have to have patience and understanding. Understand it won't ever be the same as when you took them out of the box. Be patient because you'll paint them but it'll only last so long. And chances are if you aren't super careful you'll run the risk of getting paint on other areas of the sneaker. We all gotta accept the situation. Some of you people are complaining like we drove brand new BMW's off the lot and suddenly the paint is coming off.

my cool greys were cracking so i sold them but i also got the paint on the mid sole scratched by a tack while i was spinning in my cubical chair

Originally Posted by philaflava1

Originally Posted by bcomelegendary

Originally Posted by eltouha

thanks to the advice in this thread

before
15558_1274360868582_1516762134_701507_3762997_n.jpg

during
15558_1274360908583_1516762134_701508_5017928_n.jpg

after
15558_1281225160185_1516762134_716730_752920_n.jpg
I did the same thing to my pair. Prepped the whole midsole with acetone. Painted the midsole using angelus leather paint. After a couple wears the paint started chipping again. Did I do something wrong?
Nope, you did fine. That is the reality of the situation. I usually do a touch up job with the Angelus Acrylic paint after every 5 wears. Not you, but others are acting all surprised. Do people realize we're buying a sneaker that cost less than $15 to create? Yes it will chip and crack because the combination of cheaper products and pressure on these soles will inevitably force the paint to loosen on the rubber soles.

There is no other solution better than Angelus Acrylic paint. You have to have patience and understanding. Understand it won't ever be the same as when you took them out of the box. Be patient because you'll paint them but it'll only last so long. And chances are if you aren't super careful you'll run the risk of getting paint on other areas of the sneaker. We all gotta accept the situation. Some of you people are complaining like we drove brand new BMW's off the lot and suddenly the paint is coming off.

you contradicted ur'self a little bit. you know the shoes cost $15 to make, but with the bmw comment you make it seem like jb cant put out a shoe that will not crack, when they can. spending $175 on a shoe and expecting it not to crack isnt like buy'n a bmw lol. spend'n $175 on shoes u should expect to have a shoe will quality ie no chip'n, no easy crease'n, and no odd shapes. hey, theyve done it before. and now that you say it jb name is kinda like the bmw name. except bmw doesnt cheat their customers, what ever they put out is top of the line. they seem to actually strive for excellence(bmw). unlike jb, who only bases quality on what the young dumb/uneducated consumer will except.

The only pair of spizikes i own the black cement pair haven't cracked yet, and i've worn them about 10 to 15 times. Compared to the CDP 3's and 4's that cracked after 2 or 3 wears each....

I wore my cement spizikes for the first time and my right shoe had cracked all around the back part.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
is this dude serious

Originally Posted by Magic1978

laugh.gif
is this dude serious
laugh.gif
 Phil, I think you just love to paint stuff

Originally Posted by GhettoBlaster1210

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

To put it in perspective, my heavily worn (read: BEAT) black/cement IIIs from 2000 haven't got a single crack on the midsole!

You my friend, are truly blessed. I do have a question, have you stepped in the snow or got it wet?
No snow, but they've been wet.
Simply put, they don't make 'em like they used to.

I would like to hear from any other owners of 2000 retros to see if they've experience cracking on the same scale as these newer retros.

I had a pair of true blue spiz'ikes that cracked immediately after the first wear. I use the all black winterized spiz'ikes for boots because the weather out in Western New York is ridiculous and they have lasted better than any sneaker I own. The midsole isn't painted, but rather dyed. They don't even get creases in them! But as for the sneaker version, there's not much that can be done.

Im still on da fence about coppin true blues for this exact reason. my fire red 3's cracked super terrible and i aint wore em that much! i may post pics in a few 

OH boy Cracks LOL....spizikes will all crack in the end. I've had 3 pairs of Cement Spizikes they all ended up cracking. Also I had the Nelly's and the King's county...Nelly's started cracking about the fifth wear, the king's county is holding up a little better on my 9th school day wear with no cracks. Also the for the cement's the while part underneath the paint will start peeling off. Its not really noticeable but just a heads up.

Other then that. invest in some spizikes, after they turn into beaters they're really good for playing ball in. Well I think they're comfortable.

ive worn my grape spizikes like 10 times n balled in em 3 or 4 times n they havent peeled at all

my first pair of white greens cracked a little. Anything with a 3 or 4 midsole will crack.

Are there any preventative measures we can take?

^incorrect. they can do a 3 and 4 midsole not so susceptible to cracking (see dubzeros or db 3 for example).

i sold my cement spiz'ikes for some spare change. they look gorgeous but they felt like crappola.

Back
Top Bottom