(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

I know they're cherry pickin' from the book.. But they can do a far better job with it

Also, someone made the point somewhere that a person is changed when they are brough back to life :nerd:

Last edited:
Where's

@Pitman13  
nerd.gif

They said "For The Watch" 5 or 6 times so I can only imagine his excitement.

Mel's face was priceless when she knew she messed up
laugh.gif
 How is she just gonna leave right after Stannis kills his daughter, half his men leave, and his wife kills herself. 
mean.gif

Anyone else expecting Jon either to say "Ghost" or his eyes to turn white when they did a close up on his face?

Overall I think the episode was well done. I liked the mutiny and the walk. I'm glad they are including Arya's blindness, just wanted jon to say ghost. 

I knew the blindelness would come and im so happy they did it.

The atonement walk was much longer than necessary but cersis body had me happy.

Real question is how they going to keep a lot of stuff secret for next year....

Cant wait to read the show thread in the morning.

i0wujhf89wehtfweu8rhweuiruhwerweruhqweruhqweruhweruhqwerru8-weru8werh8werjhiopjhiop

My girl Mel is back at the wall :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

no "Ghost" :smh:

Overall really well done. Stannis getting got by Brienne? What part of the game is that?

Theon's storyline being a joke this year :smh:

The tears from the non book readers man :lol:

If they don't show someone die on screen then you can never be sure they're dead.

I think Stannis lives.

chuwboibewijacbijeqdwbacjebdsjacknjwdbnvcijqkbacjkebawjkebcslhkqjebadskjcsbjkabdkjcbmlwqjksacbHLKWNBSACHJKBWCSIALJKBSLAJKBCLSAJKcbsa

So after that ending tonight on the show, do you guys think Jon survives the stabbing in the books?

HOWDY FELLAS!!!

Where's
@Pitman13
 :nerd:  

They said "For The Watch" 5 or 6 times so I can only imagine his excitement.

Mel's face was priceless when she knew she messed up:lol:  How is she just gonna leave right after Stannis kills his daughter, half his men leave, and his wife kills herself. :smh:

Anyone else expecting Jon either to say "Ghost" or his eyes to turn white when they did a close up on his face?

Overall I think the episode was well done. I liked the mutiny and the walk. I'm glad they are including Arya's blindness, just wanted jon to say ghost. 

Yes, my friend i'm extremely happy with this finale, esp. the way "The Mutiny" was handled. I knew it was happening once Olly stormed in saying they found Benjen. Semi kind've wished they used WunWun like the books but beggars can't be choosers, plus the traitor sign was an excellent move by D&D. I legit shrieked out LOUD once Alliser Thorne started the stabbing whilst saying the poetic "For The Watch". Did Jon get stabbed 4 or 5x, I have to watch the scene again. Olly crying THEN stabbing Jon in the heart, of all places, made me flutter.

I'm glad you mentioned Melisandre aka The woman that's never wrong according to @Tdogg :wink:. She abandoned Stannis immediately after sensing defeat. I was literally laughing when she said she say Bolton's banners burning in the flames. What a load of crap. LOL!

Couldn't be happier that Stannis The Idiot Puppet was killed. Just wished we saw his head leave his body for good measure. Thank You Brienne. Burned his daughter and wife hung herself for NOTHING. Good Riddance.

The Sansa/Theon victory leap from the top of the castle was ridiculous but I'm happy they escaped. Theon Back! *pumps fist*

Arya storyline finally paid off. LOVED when she removed her face and stabbed Ser Meryn in the eyes, foreshadowing to her own blindness, then slit his throat. Loved it. Her going blind was predictable but still great.

Tyrion ruling Mereen with Grey Worm was unexpected. I damn near fell off my couch when Varys popped up out of nowhere. Dany back with the Dothraki. Good Good. Already looking forward to her storyline in season 6.

I was hella skeptical when Ellaria Sand kissed Myrcella but definitely didn't expect her to be poisoned. War is coming next season. Can't Wait.

Lastly, the Cersei atonement walk was rough. Didn't think she would go full frontal. I can't lie, I found myself rooting for her to get up once she fell and saw her feet bleeding. I see Ser Robert Strong is alive and well.

Just gotta mention one more thing about Jon's epic Mutiny scene. I was PRAYING for him to say "Ghost", the camera stuck on his face for long time. When he didn't say it. I immediately though, okay how is he going to be resurrected. Meli's back at the wall so there's still hope.

I give this episode a 10/10. Zero complaints.

Also, someone made the point somewhere that a person is changed when they are brough back to life :nerd:

I honestly have no idea how or if Jon gets resurrected in the show. No sign of warging. No calling out for Ghost.

Meli's at the wall so we can assume she resurrects him but that's a huge if.

But if he does come back:

His watch has ended, thankfully.

He'll (hopefully) return and won't be foolishly noble like his Uncle Ned.

Hope he'll have his father's fury inside him and use it on his enemies, starting with Ramsey & Roose.

So did they digitally put Lena Headey's head on someone else's body during the famous walk? It looked weird. I've been speculating since last season she wasn't going to do the scene. Her body double had a nice, shapely butt though. The tall, septan walking next to her was attractive.

Sad about Mycella. I knew it was bad when that evil woman kissed her. No reason for that kind of goodbye if it wasn't a bad intentioned one.

Last edited:
So did they digitally put Lena Headey's head on someone else's body during the famous walk? It looked weird. I've been speculating since last season she wasn't going to do the scene. Her body double had a nice, shapely butt though. The tall, septan walking next to her was attractive.

Sad about Mycella. I knew it was bad when that evil woman kissed her. No reason for that kind of goodbye if it wasn't a bad intentioned one.
It was Lena Headey. She didn't wan to do the scene, and understandably so. It was rough.

Also, I'm gonna repeat: Stannis isn't dead.

Also Jon doesn't warg because D&D made sure to say "Jon Snow died." He does die. Jon Snow the boy at least...

Last edited:
It looked off to me. Like the head wasn't matching up with the body. Maybe it was because her face had a different tone of makeup than her body.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-snow-really-dead

"dead is dead."
“In a book, you can present that kind of ambiguity,” Weiss said. “In a show, everybody sees it for what it is. It’s that rule: ‘If don’t see the body then they’re not really dead.’ Like when we cut Ned’s head off, we didn’t want a gory Monty Python geyser of blood, but we needed to see the blade enter his neck and cut out on the frame where the blade was mid-neck—it was longest discussion ever of where to cut a frame; two hours of talking about whether to cut at frame six or frame seven or frame eight. And that’s all by way of saying we needed Ned’s death to be totally unambiguous. I remember reading the book and going back and forth, like, ‘Did I miss something? Was [Ned] swapped out for somebody else?’ There’s a level of ambiguity because you’re not seeing something starkly represented. In the book, you can write around things to preserve a certain level of mystery that you have to commit to on screen.” 
EW: I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jon really dead?

Harrington: This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.
Pour out some liquor.

Last edited:
fdsklafjlkajgkljdakgjklgjklsjgklsdjklgjdskljgkldsjgkljdsklgjkdsjgdk

By the way, Melisandre can resurrect Jon as someone else theoretically right? What if he comes back in Stannis's body? And that's how the show REALLY kills off Jon while not killing Stannis.

eek.gif

Another thing I've thought about often. As per their vows, isn't everything the Night's Watch does supposed to be for the realm? So by mutinying in defense of "the watch" aren't they technically all abandoning their promises (ignoring that just disobeying and killing your LC is crime enough)?

If Jon comes back is he going to have them all hanged? Or just keep it moving because his watch is over?

Last edited:
He probably wouldn't like being transferred to stannis' old man body and also losing his hair. Qyburn would be able to do some doctor frankenstein stuff to him. Or that other red priest guy who kept bringing dondarrion back.

Last edited:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-snow-really-dead

"dead is dead."

“In a book, you can present that kind of ambiguity,” Weiss said. “In a show, everybody sees it for what it is. It’s that rule: ‘If don’t see the body then they’re not really dead.’ Like when we cut Ned’s head off, we didn’t want a gory Monty Python geyser of blood, but we needed to see the blade enter his neck and cut out on the frame where the blade was mid-neck—it was longest discussion ever of where to cut a frame; two hours of talking about whether to cut at frame six or frame seven or frame eight. And that’s all by way of saying we needed Ned’s death to be totally unambiguous. I remember reading the book and going back and forth, like, ‘Did I miss something? Was [Ned] swapped out for somebody else?’ There’s a level of ambiguity because you’re not seeing something starkly represented. In the book, you can write around things to preserve a certain level of mystery that you have to commit to on screen.” 

EW: I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jon really dead?

Harrington: This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

I'm dead... I'm not coming back next season....

He'll be back for season 7...

So did they digitally put Lena Headey's head on someone else's body during the famous walk? It looked weird. I've been speculating since last season she wasn't going to do the scene. Her body double had a nice, shapely butt though.

It was Lena Headey. She didn't wan to do the scene, and understandably so. It was rough.

@Shogun is right.

Lena had a body double. She has a no naked clause in her contract. They replaced her body double's head with Lena's head. That's why it looked slightly off.

Lena has better looking boobs. Not as spaced out as the body double's. Props to the body double though. Her face won't be known but she had to be completely nude in front all of those people and do a long walk while having people yell, throw stuff, and spit at her.

Last edited:
HOWDY FELLAS!!!
Yes, my friend i'm extremely happy with this finale, esp. the way "The Mutiny" was handled. I knew it was happening once Olly stormed in saying they found Benjen. Semi kind've wished they used WunWun like the books but beggars can't be choosers, plus the traitor sign was an excellent move by D&D. I legit shrieked out LOUD once Alliser Thorne started the stabbing whilst saying the poetic "For The Watch". Did Jon get stabbed 4 or 5x, I have to watch the scene again. Olly crying THEN stabbing Jon in the heart, of all places, made me flutter.

I'm glad you mentioned Melisandre aka The woman that's never wrong according to @Tdogg
wink.gif
. She abandoned Stannis immediately after sensing defeat. I was literally laughing when she said she say Bolton's banners burning in the flames. What a load of crap. LOL!

Couldn't be happier that Stannis The Idiot Puppet was killed. Just wished we saw his head leave his body for good measure. Thank You Brienne. Burned his daughter and wife hung herself for NOTHING. Good Riddance.

The Sansa/Theon victory leap from the top of the castle was ridiculous but I'm happy they escaped. Theon Back! *pumps fist*

Arya storyline finally paid off. LOVED when she removed her face and stabbed Ser Meryn in the eyes, foreshadowing to her own blindness, then slit his throat. Loved it. Her going blind was predictable but still great.

Tyrion ruling Mereen with Grey Worm was unexpected. I damn near fell off my couch when Varys popped up out of nowhere. Dany back with the Dothraki. Good Good. Already looking forward to her storyline in season 6.

I was hella skeptical when Ellaria Sand kissed Myrcella but definitely didn't expect her to be poisoned. War is coming next season. Can't Wait.

Lastly, the Cersei atonement walk was rough. Didn't think she would go full frontal. I can't lie, I found myself rooting for her to get up once she fell and saw her feet bleeding. I see Ser Robert Strong is alive and well.

Just gotta mention one more thing about Jon's epic Mutiny scene. I was PRAYING for him to say "Ghost", the camera stuck on his face for long time. When he didn't say it. I immediately though, okay how is he going to be resurrected. Meli's back at the wall so there's still hope.

I give this episode a 10/10. Zero complaints.
About Mel, I bet eventually the banners will be burning so she'll be right on a technicality, but she shouldn't be advising anyone based on visions she doesn't understand. 

You think Vary's is gonna stay in Mareene with Tyrion or head to KL to hand Kevin Lannister?

Also I just remembered the scene where Ghost saved Sam in a previous episode. I thought they did that to remind use that Ghost is still around.... 

I'm not 100% convinced Stannis is dead, but at the same time I don't know why they would keep him alive. He lost all of his men. The only person he has left is Davos and he might not stick around after he finds out what Stannis did to Shareen. 

Yeah ghost not coming to help Jon was odd. They ran a train on Jon and ghost still didn't show up smh

Yeah ghost not coming to help Jon was odd. They ran a train on Jon and ghost still didn't show up smh

Maybe he was out trying to hunt for food or just chilling somewhere eating dinner or napping. Him not showing up was weird. He saved Sam and Gilly but didn't show up for his dude Jon.

Maybe he was out trying to hunt for food or just chilling somewhere eating dinner or napping. Him not showing up was weird. He saved Sam and Gilly but didn't show up for his dude Jon.
Well they probably had this planned for a while so I'm sure they just locked him up...I don't see what the big confusion about ghost is about

About Mel, I bet eventually the banners will be burning so she'll be right on a technicality, but she shouldn't be advising anyone based on visions she doesn't understand. 

You think Vary's is gonna stay in Mareene with Tyrion or head to KL to hand Kevin Lannister?

Also I just remembered the scene where Ghost saved Sam in a previous episode. I thought they did that to remind use that Ghost is still around.... 

I'm not 100% convinced Stannis is dead, but at the same time I don't know why they would keep him alive. He lost all of his men. The only person he has left is Davos and he might not stick around after he finds out what Stannis did to Shareen. 

Stannis is dead. Good Riddance.

I actually agree with you about Meli seeing the banners burning. More than likely that happens in the future. How & When is up for speculation. But as per usual, she falsely thought the prophecy somehow involved Stannis The Dead Puppet. THEN she leaves him for dead once she realized she was wrong the entire time. Azor Ahai my ***. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Ghost and saving Jon, that's a possibility but why wouldn't they let Jon call for Ghost during that 15sec close up of him bleeding. Unless Shireen's death is used for Jon's resurrection/life, I don't know. I honestly have no idea where D&D are going w/ Jon next season. If he's even in S6.

I think Varys stays in Mereene. Tyrion all but asked him to help him rule. He has no reason to go to KL at this point, in the show.

Back
Top Bottom