Spoken Word: Cause He's Black Vol Nail On The Head

THIS THREAD, THO.

I saw this video a minute ago, surprised it just popped up on NT.

He touched on a lot of issues that we shouldn't have to deal with as human beings.

I for one can honestly say, at times I feel like the black community is lost and lacking a leader. It seems to me like we just stopped caring, or stopped being as loud as we should be. The 60's we were being heard, now, we're being mocked. Look at Cornel West('06) for instance. He's not really being listened to by the people that should hear him. The plight of the black race is being overlooked strongly. We have made great strides to get to where we are today, but we have so ******g far to go and we still haven't got off the bench to play with our peers.

What will it take to make Black people better in the untied states? I honestly don't know, but to quote kanye "we wanna sing like when we had the pyramids." It's crazy that a continent of people who were so strong and intelligent and built some of the most beautiful things in the world EVER, can't seem to be strong enough in the united states.

Look at the youth of Chicago, and the youth nationwide that find no problem with the Chief Keefs in this country. They idolize chief keef and laugh at Jaden Smith. One of the biggest problems we face is, we unlike any other race in the US, have no true home. As a whole, we literally can't trace our past back further than the absolute worst time period of US history.
We still deal with the Willie Lynch letter on a daily basis, one letter ravaged our entire race. We don't know how to put our own money back into our peoples pockets, because we literally don't trust ourselves enough. We'd rather have a white person work on something for us than our own people because we feel like if it's a black person, we should get a deal or they aren't going to do a good job.

I'VE BEEN DRINKING AND STRESSED OUT FROM MY GRAD CLASSES TONIGHT. I'LL REVISIT AND FIX ALL OF THIS IN THE MORNING. I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO SAY, BUT I'M TIPSY.

Last edited:
More times than none, it's that lost feeling of not know "what now" that just leads us to simply say... **** it.

Sorry if I'm mildly rambling, but it's late and I don't feel like writing a thesis statement and conclusion and all that, so bear with me.

1.) Middle and upper class blacks need to invest in our own communities instead of moving to neighboorhoods with the least melanin possible. Schools are funded based off taxes in the area, how do we expect neighborhood school A to magically get better if all the previous graduates who've obtained success have moved 30 miles away and left all the poorer ppl there? How do we expect the children to have examples of successful men & women when everybody who HAS achieved success from their community has left? It doesn't work.

2.) We have to recognize what the prison-industrial complex (please look it up if you don't know, it's too much to explain on here) has done to the male influence in our communities. Children are running around with no guidance and no male figure in their lives, whether it be their father, uncle, older brother, whomever. Yes, it's easy to say "well stop committing crimes", however, simply saying that fails to acknowledge the obvious racial disparities when it comes to arresting and sentencing, mandatory minimums and the for-profit prison system as a whole. Hence why the idea of paying off the police is completely flawed, they have quotas that they HAVE to meet. [B]There are private prisons in this country that have contracts with states to maintain a minimum occupancy percentage that have nothing to do with individual police departments, so dopeboys paying off a few cops isn't going to change anything on a grand scale.[/B]

3.) we need to learn how to bring each other up and realize yes we can ALL make it. The white supermacy nature in this country has been so deeply imbeded in our brains we unknowingly have the mentality of that only a few of us can "make it" at a time, kind of like how the "good slaves" had the chance to make it into the house. So what do we do? Fight and bring each other down. We act as if the next black person makes it, somehow that's one less spot for the rest of us, as if our whole life is a never ending sports team tryout.

4.) We've got to find a way to address the issues in our community without this "gloom and doom" mindset. The bombardment of negavite material everyday is enough to make even those black children who are privilieged well say "well **** this, according to the entire world, I basically have no chance of making it anyways."

5.) The Church. It doesn't work, it hasn't been working, it probably never will work. Every positive black event doesn't have to be centered around religion or the church. Why is that the only time we can get together? News flash" praying for little bad *** Delonte that steals and sells weed all day isn't going to do a damn thing, actually sitting down and having a conversation with him and teaching him some employable skills, however, probably will.

In fact this thread needs some positivity, go to http://whatblackmenthink.com/10-days-of-black-truths/. Skip, all the book selling stuff and the video and scroll through the slideshow, I'm sure a lot of it will surpirse you. (Would embed, but I can't figure out how from wordpress)

I'm not about to argue about my viewpoints, I'm sure some of them aren't explained fully, but that would require paragraphs on paragraphs, but I hope some of y'all can gain the general idea of what I'm saying. Peace.

Last edited:
American drug trade is a 60billion dollar a year salary industry . 5% makes it through the hood. That's 12million. That's a lot of teachers salaries. That's a lot of 'pension plans' for officers who don't get that 'prison industrial complex' money which means, in theory, a lot less violent crimes ( the incentive of goin to jail is diminished, plus officers would focus on violent crime, the hamsterdam) that's a lot of dudes not getting their third strike, a lot of kids not getting their first. A lot of 'steady' income, a lot of dudes who don't end up in jail.

It's not a solution to the rising poverty disparity, but there is a reason drugs are kept illegal despite the scientific evidence drugs can vastly aid an economy in many different ways. No coincidence that in 5 years Cali turned a deficit into a surplus (state getting drug money, less people through the system). We need a new way of problem solving, I choose to believe in people's selfishness.

American drug trade is a 60billion dollar a year salary industry . 5% makes it through the hood. That's 12million. That's a lot of teachers salaries. That's a lot of 'pension plans' for officers who don't get that 'prison industrial complex' money which means, in theory, a lot less violent crimes ( the incentive of goin to jail is diminished, plus officers would focus on violent crime, the hamsterdam) that's a lot of dudes not getting their third strike, a lot of kids not getting their first. A lot of 'steady' income, a lot of dudes who don't end up in jail.

It's not a solution to the rising poverty disparity, but there is a reason drugs are kept illegal despite the scientific evidence drugs can vastly aid an economy in many different ways. No coincidence that in 5 years Cali turned a deficit into a surplus (state getting drug money, less people through the system). We need a new way of problem solving, I choose to believe in people's selfishness.

You're completely missing the point.

Go read about the prison industrial complex and come back and discuss it. The fact that you think individual officers get paid because of the prison industrial complex tells me you don't know what you're talking about. The states have contracts with private companies that OWN prisons, they must maintain a certain capacity in those prisons, if they don't the company that owns the prison FINES the state. Because the state obviously doesn't want to pay such fines, they mandate that police departments have arrest quotas. Where are the best places to fill such quotas? In the inner-city, because all the "criminals" are all living in close proximity to each other and you can basically fill up the prisons without having to patrol more than a few miles.

So yes a dope dealer could give an officer money to not arrest and harass ppl in his hood, but eventually said officer is going to have to report to his police department why he's significantly under his fellow brethern in the number of arrests he makes per week/month. When he doesn't have a resonable explanation he'll be fired or put on desk duty and a new cop will now be patrolling said hood, so what are you going to do now?..Pay him off too? That dope dealer will be very broke, very quickly at that rate.

Lastly where in the heck did you get your math skills from? I don't know if you're trying to say 5% or .5% of 60 billion, but neither one equals to 12 million. So I have zero clue what you're talking about there.

Last edited:
Law student, seen how the Da office of a ciity operates, first hand. Math is grossly off, it's late.

Sorry if I'm mildly rambling, but it's late and I don't feel like writing a thesis statement and conclusion and all that, so bear with me.

1.) Middle and upper class blacks need to invest in our own communities instead of moving to neighboorhoods with the least melanin possible. Schools are funded based off taxes in the area, how do we expect neighborhood school A to magically get better if all the previous graduates who've obtained success have moved 30 miles away and left all the poorer ppl there? How do we expect the children to have examples of successful men & women when everybody who HAS achieved success from their community has left? It doesn't work.

2.) We have to recognize what the prison-industrial complex (please look it up if you don't know, it's too much to explain on here) has done to the male influence in our communities. Children are running around with no guidance and no male figure in their lives, whether it be their father, uncle, older brother, whomever. Yes, it's easy to say "well stop committing crimes", however, simply saying that fails to acknowledge the obvious racial disparities when it comes to arresting and sentencing, mandatory minimums and the for-profit prison system as a whole. Hence why the idea of paying off the police is completely flawed, they have quotas that they HAVE to meet. [B]There are private prisons in this country that have contracts with states to maintain a minimum occupancy percentage that have nothing to do with individual police departments, so dopeboys paying off a few cops isn't going to change anything on a grand scale.[/B]

3.) we need to learn how to bring each other up and realize yes we can ALL make it. The white supermacy nature in this country has been so deeply imbeded in our brains we unknowingly have the mentality of that only a few of us can "make it" at a time, kind of like how the "good slaves" had the chance to make it into the house. So what do we do? Fight and bring each other down. We act as if the next black person makes it, somehow that's one less spot for the rest of us, as if our whole life is a never ending sports team tryout.

4.) We've got to find a way to address the issues in our community without this "gloom and doom" mindset. The bombardment of negavite material everyday is enough to make even those black children who are privilieged well say "well **** this, according to the entire world, I basically have no chance of making it anyways."

5.) The Church. It doesn't work, it hasn't been working, it probably never will work.

Every positive black event doesn't have to be centered around religion or the church. Why is that the only time we can get together? News flash" praying for little bad *** Delonte that steals and sells weed all day isn't going to do a damn thing, actually sitting down and having a conversation with him and teaching him some employable skills, however, probably will.

In fact this thread needs some positivity, go to http://whatblackmenthink.com/10-days-of-black-truths/. Skip, all the book selling stuff and the video and scroll through the slideshow, I'm sure a lot of it will surpirse you. (Would embed, but I can't figure out how from wordpress)

I'm not about to argue about my viewpoints, I'm sure some of them aren't explained fully, but that would require paragraphs on paragraphs, but I hope some of y'all can gain the general idea of what I'm saying. Peace.

I don't even know where to start.

I get what most people are saying but when does this become an us problem to you guys? The "white man" is not forcing us to abandon our children. That's where it starts. Raise your children the right way and we can honestly put this cycle to a end. I've come from the same place y'all did and I imagine you can see the difference is night and day between a strong foundation and a home where your allowed to cook dope.

It's a slow process but you do realize we're less than 150 yrs post slavery. Of course whites have an advantage because they have an enormous head start in this country. We're getting better and better as a people in this country but this crying and pointing fingers has gotta stop. You do realize every generation is getting better and better with more opportunities. And it will only get better with rooted family history.

Just raise your kids the right way, that's all I can say. You're not going to be able to change how a group of people think about you no matter what, so like I said, just be there for your children.

You can theorize, strategize and philosophy till your blue in the face about what celebrities, rich blacks the government, leaders, etc need to do but all of that is a ******** cop out and it ignores the real issue. Until American blacks start looking in the mirror and loving what they see regardless of how dark, light, nappy haired, straight haired, thick, skinny, rich, poor or clothing brand we have nothing to discuss here. We hate ourselves so much that whenever one of us is successful we automatically deem them a devil worshipper or a gay person because there is just no way a ***** can be that successful without blowing some white man or making a pact with demons or some ****. The **** is tired and the only cure is for is to start loving one another on some real brotherly **** every Damn day regardless of where we come from.

Until that day comes no education system amount of money or black savior is going to change ****. The black community needs a massive therapy session across the board where we talk and cleanse not even on no black pride **** on some human level ****. Biggest issue with black people is our egos. Were quick to call something lame or "soft" if it involves us letting go and letting our emotions flow which is healthy. The change starts with you it doesn't start with a billion dollars from Oprah or education reform until love washes over the group psychology. **** if I was them I wouldnt invest in that **** either.Schools are not the end all be all of all the problems. Thee problem starts with what we focus on and what we teach our kids about their place in the world from day one.I went to a all black elementary school and the first thing that they taught me was that my ancestors were brought over here as slaves to serve another race. The psychology ramifications of that are devastating and it doesnt matter what class of black you are to have those skeletons. Hell it would almost be wise to not even teach our kids that **** until a certain age because that installs a inferiority complex out the gate. Also the whole "spare the rod spoil the child slave **** gotta go. We applaud beating the breaks off our children like its doing them a service when in reality we all got abused growing up atleast I know I did. I've been whooped with shoes, weight lifting belts, a picket fence piece,punched, kicked , choked and whatever else all in the name of "whoopings" oh and who advocates that ****???? The church going bible thumping slave *** ****** in spiritual bondage aka Christianity.We got so many issues its overwhelming but love has to come first.

Peace

I don't even know where to start.

I get what most people are saying but when does this become an us problem to you guys? The "white man" is not forcing us to abandon our children.

I'm not understanding, you quoted me and said this ^, but 4 of the 5 points I made directly involved things we as blacks do to each other. The only thing I attributed to the "white man" was the Prison and court systems are set up.

All the other 4 things I mentioned we can directly change within our own communities/people.

Just to add:

Our families aren't even stable. The majority of black households don't even have both parents together.
And yes women are to blame just as much as men.

IMO, until we're stable within our own households, I don't see us being stable within our entire culture.

You can theorize, strategize and philosophy till your blue in the face about what celebrities, rich blacks the government, leaders, etc need to do but all of that is a ******** cop out and it ignores the real issue. Until American blacks start looking in the mirror and loving what they see regardless of how dark, light, nappy haired, straight haired, thick, skinny, rich, poor or clothing brand we have nothing to discuss here. We hate ourselves so much that whenever one of us is successful we automatically deem them a devil worshipper or a gay person because there is just no way a ***** can be that successful without blowing some white man or making a pact with demons or some ****. The **** is tired and the only cure is for is to start loving one another on some real brotherly **** every Damn day regardless of where we come from.

Until that day comes no education system amount of money or black savior is going to change ****. The black community needs a massive therapy session across the board where we talk and cleanse not even on no black pride **** on some human level ****. Biggest issue with black people is our egos. Were quick to call something lame or "soft" if it involves us letting go and letting our emotions flow which is healthy. The change starts with you it doesn't start with a billion dollars from Oprah or education reform until love washes over the group psychology. **** if I was them I wouldnt invest in that **** either.Schools are not the end all be all of all the problems. Thee problem starts with what we focus on and what we teach our kids about their place in the world from day one.I went to a all black elementary school and the first thing that they taught me was that my ancestors were brought over here as slaves to serve another race. The psychology ramifications of that are devastating and it doesnt matter what class of black you are to have those skeletons. Hell it would almost be wise to not even teach our kids that **** until a certain age because that installs a inferiority complex out the gate. Also the whole "spare the rod spoil the child slave **** gotta go. We applaud beating the breaks off our children like its doing them a service when in reality we all got abused growing up atleast I know I did. I've been whooped with shoes, weight lifting belts, a picket fence piece,punched, kicked , choked and whatever else all in the name of "whoopings" oh and who advocates that ****???? The church going bible thumping slave *** ****** in spiritual bondage aka Christianity.We got so many issues its overwhelming but love has to come first.

Peace

This guy never misses a beat with his responses. Man, there's so much truth to all of this. :smh:

Straight up, had to rep WISEPHAROAH for that.

How can we start some kind of Twitter/Tumblr/IG trend with this guy's post?

This guy never misses a beat with his responses. Man, there's so much truth to all of this.
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom