Sponsorship

Has anyone been successful in obtaining sponsorship for their high school sports program? I am a coach for a high school basketball team.

What's the problem exactly? Generally, many businesses near your school will be willing to sponsor the team for a couple hundred bucks in exchange for a sign in the gym. Plus you can sometimes get grocery stores to donate expired goods to the program. They're still good, but only a day or two past when they can sell them.

I'm assuming OP is looking for footwear, apparel, and equipment.  Expired groceries?  Really?  What the %$#@* is a high school basketball team going to do with rotten produce? 

Originally Posted by CWK

I'm assuming OP is looking for footwear, apparel, and equipment.  Expired groceries?  Really?  What the %$#@* is a high school basketball team going to do with rotten produce? 
It's not rotten produce.  It's stuff like day old bread that nobody will buy or cupcakes that are a week old.  Nothing you're going to get sick from.  I guarantee it's a lot more common that you think.  Grocery stores are more than happy to donate that kind of stuff because they get to write it off and "help out the community" at the same time.

As far as footwear sponsorship, you're not going to get "sponsored" unless you're an elite program.  However, it's not that hard to find a footwear rep for your district and get team pricing on gear.  Contact some of the other coaches around your area to get some names.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

As far as footwear sponsorship, you're not going to get "sponsored" unless you're an elite program.  However, it's not that hard to find a footwear rep for your district and get team pricing on gear.  Contact some of the other coaches around your area to get some names.
x2

The highschool teams I played for were sponsored by Adidas, And 1 and at 1 point the seniors were sponsored by Fila
laugh.gif
We were a good program.

You should try calling corporate for Trojan, they could sponsor y'all. I remember Trojan Magnums sponsored us in middle school.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom