Sports cards thread - rookies, autographs, up arrows

I used to collect cards in the 80's/90's and still have boxes in the closet. Majority of them aren't worth much anymore however recently I started looking up how crazy the market is for post Tom Brady era rookies that are serial numbered/signed/jersey patch etc.

Anyone on NT still plugged into the sports cards scene?

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 4.59.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 4.58.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 4.59.33 AM.png

I dabble in it a little bit. I collect mostly autograph cards for my personal collection. I'm no expert though in what cards are highly sought after.

Are these current eBay auction? That's absurd if true. Cards are so out of hand.

Remember those packs of baseball cards with the stick of gum inside? Hard *** stick of gum, too.

I owned every Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. Too bad he fell off later in his career.

Yeah graded cards go for a bunch...non graded don’t tho.

Just took out 4 binders of my b ball cards out of storage today, gonna put the best ones in a lot and see if I can get a couple hundred or something

My holy grail set was my tops 86 set.
Bash bro’s rookies
I think bonds was there too. Stoopid Hall
Of famers in that set. :pimp:

Crazy to see what Brady and lebron rookies are goin for tho. Was never a fan of the hallogram stuff unless it was the marvel comics first series set B]

pops got a sick collection at a auction in a duffle bag for 20 dollars

once they noticed what was inside it they didnt want to final the deal for him...he raised soo much hell they just let em walk

babe ruths and all ..one day we'll get em graded along with my pokemon cards lol

i dont trust that mail in bs tho ..rather take a trip and let them do it in person if possible

Man I used to collect when I was younger and just got back to collecting baseball and football cards months ago. Don't care about NBA or NBA cards anymore.

What card got my interest was the 2018 Topps Living Single Aaron Judge. That card is too dope. Got that card for $14.99 graded a 10 by PSA in May when topps stopped making them. Next few months been buying bunch of autos and spending too much money on Hobby boxes. Got some good auto hits on those Hobby boxes. I kept my cards that I want and sold my base cards, relic, reflactors, autos, etc.. and make my money back easily. Mayfield, barkley, and Allen have been selling well :pimp:

Favorite cards I had off the top of my head were 1989 Griffey upper deck and 1989 Fleer, Donnie Baseball 1984 Donruss Rookie, Mark McGuire 1985 topps rookie, Jose Canseco 1986 Donruss rookie, Loved all the Bo Jackson rookies but the 1987 Donruss Rated Rookie was my Favorite, Bonds 1986 topps.

I had a nice come up at a Salvation Army thrift store a few years back. They stocked up a bunch of trading cards in plain white boxes for no more than $3 each. Man..... There was a complete set of 1980 Topps basketball cards. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird rookie cards were in there!! :wow:
Found some baseball rookies like Ken Griffey jr., Mark McGuire too. One box had super old cards in hard plastic protectors like a 1949 Ted Williams, 1950s Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale and several Willy Mays cards. This isn't counting the hundreds of insert cards spliced in there. I paid about $25 for hundreds of inserts and vintage cards, flat out steal.

What do you guys think of Vladimir Guerrero Jr? Next big thing? Wonder if I should start collecting some of his stuff now

Just bought a hobby 2018 Bowman Chrome baseball box this morning with the 15 percent off ebay code. I couldn't help it lol
Just hope I get something better than my last 2 hobby boxes

Just bought a hobby 2018 Bowman Chrome baseball box this morning with the 15 percent off ebay code. I couldn't help it lol
Just hope I get something better than my last 2 hobby boxes
Already 3 in... I need to stop but I can’t.

Such good value but it sucks when you see a crazy 1/1 hit on a Saquan but all you bought was a Bills slot

There's a trading cards store that sells spots on rare/vintage packs of cards and will open them live on YouTube. They'll use a computer to mix up the order in which they're opened. I've been eying a few packs but haven't pulled the trigger.

They're called VintageBreaks.com

Here's a box I was interested in months back.

Last edited:
TURBO UNO TURBO UNO any advice as far as trying to load up on as many Josh Allen rookies as possible?

Is the 1/1 route really the way to go or should I get other jersey autos that will grade well and are still in the /99 range and below?

I split a box of 97 finest nba once got a huge steph Marbury card and Vince rc plus others I’m sure a dirk...

But from what I see basketball cards still aint worth what baseball, football or hockey cards are worth.

Back
Top Bottom