Sports Conspiracy Theories

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by wizards23

Didn't Lebron announce he would be wearing a different number the next season before the decision?

He wore 23. Only 2 teams have 23 retired... Bulls and Heat.

If you change teams you do not need to give the league extended notice of a number change, unlike if you stay with a team and change your number. When you sign a new contract to a new team you inform the league of the number you choose, so this conspiracy makes no sense. If anything it alludes to the fact that he was still thinking of staying in cleveland.

Didn't Lebron announce he would be wearing a different number the next season before the decision?

it's in miami as well

mind = blown

Ryda421 wrote:

it's in miami as well

mind = blown

Woah. It's like he saw the jersey up there and felt like he just had to get it out

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Originally Posted by Prime Suspects 36

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

The boycott of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

Can someone please shed some light?
He refused to stand up for the national anthem.
Yup, which also reminds me about Brandon Roy walking off the court before the National Anthem and standing in the tunnel by himself for every game.

I don't read much into it, but I know that others definitely do.

Originally Posted by Ballahb

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

The boycott of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

THIS 
Not sure if this counts but the Allen Iverson-Hampton University one 

So yall are just going to do the whole, "We know something you don't know" game? Spill the beans on both accounts.
Originally Posted by dakid23

The Sonics leaving Seattle. Clay Bennett knew he was moving the team when he bought them...
This isn't a conspiracy man 
laugh.gif

It's not that Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf refused to stand up to the National Anthem, it's that every time the national anthem was sung - he would do a traditional Muslim prayer as well. He said the American flag represented oppression and that the US had a history of tyranny. Messed up the way the NBA did him IMO. Not everyone in America agrees with this countries system, or is patriotic. It eventually lead to a silent, masked exodus.

The A.I. thing is about Hampton sending their lawyer to defend him... maybe they tank the case so he loses scholarships, is force to stay in the 7 cities after being released to maybe he would attend Hampton. Ridiculous theory but it seems a lot of folks down their believe it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by IamDavidRice

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

So blatant.

tired.gif
Pretty smooth, I had to watch it a couple times before I noticed

only watched it once, care to elaborate?
The person who placed the folders in the ball thingy .... if you watch carefully in the beginning he throws 1 off the side of the ball which created a crease .... it was the NY Knicks folder .... so David Stern knew which one was the NY folder so that they can win Patrick Ewing it didn't really work anyways because NY never won a championship with Ewing 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom