Spring breakers movie due in 2013 Vol Pics

Gucci Mane's 'Spring Breakers' Sex Scene Was Actually Stoned Rapper Just Sleeping
Posted: 03/21/2013 12:59 pm EDT | Updated: 03/22/2013 11:59 am EDT
Gucci Mane -- the rapper who tattooed an ice cream cone on his face and decided to change his name to Guwop and then decided not to half an hour later -- slept through his somewhat epic "Spring Breakers" sex scene. And yes, that sentence means exactly what it says.

Director Harmony Korine revealed the production nugget in an interview with Vulture:

"So we’re shooting the sequence, and as he is getting f--ked, I start to hear snores," said Korine. "He had literally passed out! And she was riding his **** the whole time. I’d never in my life filmed a sex scene where the dude was sleeping … and she was on top of him for a good 45 minutes."
Korine says marijuana was to blame. The folks in Mane's entourage apparently smoke all day, so by the time the sex scene was being shot (around four in the morning), it was pretty much a wrap.

UPDATE: Vulture also got Gucci himself on the phone to verify the details of the sexual slumber party. The rapper confirmed that he did, in fact, take a nap during the raunchy scene:

Yes, I was knocked out. I was tired. I had a concert down there in St. Petersburg, one of the days I had to shoot a scene. Same time, same night. We started shooting at ten o'clock in the evening until one or two o'clock. I was extremely tired because Harmony would work for almost 48 hours straight, I think. Even though Harmony is a close friend and a great director, he's a hard boss. Make sure you put that in bold letters.
He also cleared up another question: The sex in the scene was simulated ("They just wouldn't let me. It was simulated, but, you know, I wish it wasn't.").

The original article continues below.

"Spring Breakers" caught fire at the box office, where it earned enough last week to become the year's highest-grossing limited release film. The movie is also teaming up with Opening Ceremony for a clothing line.

But box office figures aside, did Mane ever wake up? Eventually, Korine says the "I'm So Icy" rapper came to: "At the end, he woke up and was like, 'I feel real nice. I feel like Mozart’s on my ****.' And that was it, and he went back to sleep."

And this concludes another chapter of Don't Read Gucci Mane Stories While Eating. For more on the scene, including the curious casting method Korine used for Gucci's sex partner, head over to Vulture.

Man this movie sucked. Only reason i didn't leave was cuz of the scenery. One of the few times i saw numerous people walk out on the movie. The worst part was they kept repeating their dumb speech like three times back to back. Spinrg Breeeaaaakkk Spring Breaaaakkk forever... :rolleyes

Also on the scenes where they were trying to be dramatic or make a point everybody in the audience straight up laughed.

Spring breeeaaakkk

Wat were people expecting?

It was basically Belly for young white girls.

srs.

the repeating of the same phrases over and over, the same dialogue back and forth, the unrealistic-ness of it all was just too much for me to co-sign it.

again, I know it's JUST a movie, but it just pissed me off.

can't believe a movie about 4 girls and a white 'gangsta' has me raging :lol:

Largo Life........................... :pimp:

Dont need spring break to live like that movie...... Its here 9 months a year

#FloridaLife

The straight blasphemy of a great ghetto classic like belly has no business in this thread

I'm surprised by the good reviews this movie is getting. I'm guessing people just liked watching these Disney chicks out of their element. I'll check out eventually.

The straight blasphemy of a great ghetto classic like belly has no business in this thread

X put on a Oscar winning performance. :pimp:

Just got back from seein the Matinee of Spring Breakers..pretty much what I expected..not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing but I thought it was cool even though there was no real story line and it kept goin back n forth..

I am a bigger fan of Vanessa Hudgens after this movie :evil:..bad as hell..

Ashley Benson too :evil:

Selena Gomez was aight..but her character left too soon

James Franco played his role well "My ****" speech was classic :lol:..and when he started singing Britney Spears..I was dyin..

The last scene was completely unrealistic but oh well :lol:

I give the movie a 6.5/10..will definitely pick this up for Blu-Ray..hopefully Unrated edition too :smokin

Belly is one of my favorite movies. Belly is a classic. But Belly wasn't THAT good. Hype Williams was pretty innovative with the black light and the color schemes he used, but its about as good as Spring Breakers from a pure writing/directing/acting viewpoint.

Give Spring Breakers a couple years and y'all will see how many people got it playing in the background during parties, playing between classes in dorm rooms, younger kids sneaking to watch it during sleepovers etc.

Like I said: Belly for young White girls.

Last edited:
Franco didn't smash Selena, since he creeped her out.

She's still clean. Ffffffuuuuuuu Gucci!

I'm actually thinking I should go find selena. The thirst is too real fambs.

Belly is one of my favorite movies. Belly is a classic. But Belly wasn't THAT good. Hype Williams was pretty innovative with the black light and the color schemes he used, but its about as good as Spring Breakers from a pure writing/directing/acting viewpoint.

Give Spring Breakers a couple years and y'all will see how many people got it playing in the background during parties, playing between classes in dorm rooms, younger kids sneaking to watch it during sleepovers etc.

Like I said: Belly for young White girls.
Being I just saw this movie I respect your critique but srs the belly analogy bro... You can't be srs....especially for young " white" girls
Like I said much respect but this is crazy talk my man
Maybe true romance would be a better analogy... I don't know just way more partial to my ghetto movies lol
Edit: telling my age here but if you were/are a 80s' baby then the movie "Heathers" should ring a bell.... This movie reminded me of this

Last edited:
I think Benson was my favorite of the four, Hudgens a close second. Selena and the other girl bored me.. pretty much cuz Selena's part was to be the boring one pretty much.

Ashley and Vanessa were fun to watch, james franco was ridiculous :lol: movie was pretty much terrible but i did laugh a few times. definitely a wait till it hits dvd type a flick.

im still tryin to figure out if i became a fan of the director or not, parts of its seemed genius, other parts seemed like the worst movie ive ever seen. what else has he worked on?

He wrote Kids and directed Gummo.

That's what he's most notably known for, If I'm not mistaken.

Just got back from seein the Matinee of Spring Breakers..pretty much what I expected..not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing but I thought it was cool even though there was no real story line and it kept goin back n forth..

I am a bigger fan of Vanessa Hudgens after this movie :evil:..bad as hell..

Ashley Benson too :evil:

Selena Gomez was aight..but her character left too soon

James Franco played his role well "My ****" speech was classic :lol:..and when he started singing Britney Spears..I was dyin..

The last scene was completely unrealistic but oh well :lol:

I give the movie a 6.5/10..will definitely pick this up for Blu-Ray..hopefully Unrated edition too :smokin
Truth..I liked this movie..Franco was great but Guccis actin was turrrrible "Dey takin food out my babies mouf..my baby honnngree..my baby gotta eat"

Back
Top Bottom