SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
[h1]Michael Barbieri is “Spider-Man’s Best Friend”[/h1]
By Dan Gvozden @dangvozden · On July 21, 2016

Tonight, the LGBT Community Center in Manhattan, also known as The Center, hosted a screening of the new film “Little Men” as part of the NewFest film festival. The film, “Little Men,” is directed by Ira Sachs and stars Michael Barbieri, an actor set to star in both “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and the upcoming “The Dark Tower.”

During a post-screening Q&A, the director, Ira Sachs, talked about working with Michael Barbieri and his role in the upcoming “Spider-Man: Homecoming” film where he described Barbieri’s role as “Spider-Man’s best friend.”

This is the first confirmation of its kind of what roles any of the announced cast will be playing. The cast seems to grow by day with name after name filling up the young supportive cast. One might immediately leap to the conclusion that Barbieri might be playing Harry Osborn or Ganke Lee (as was previously erroneously reported), the best friend of Miles Morales, but we here at Superior Spider-Talk would urge a word of caution about jumping to such conclusions, even though Harry Osborn does seem like the obvious choice.

In the original Amazing Spider-Man  comics the only members of Peter’s high school peer group that would go on to be main stays in the cast were Flash Thompson and Liz Allan. It wasn’t until Peter went to college, at Empire State University, that he met Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborn, and Mary Jane Watson.

Perhaps Marvel and Sony want to distance audiences from the familiar faces that have filled the previous Spider-Man films and introduce a cast of racially diverse characters, reflected in the announced cast, that would actually mirror what Queens looks like in 2016, just as the Marvel comics did when they introduced Miles Morales.

Either way, fans should be excited by the inclusion of Michael Barbieri, as his performance in “Little Men”  highlights him as an incredibly talented young actor worthy whatever role he’s acquired in the upcoming “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” whether Ira Sachs claims that he is “Spider-Man’s best friend” prove true or not.

https://superiorspidertalk.com/michael-barbieri-is-spider-mans-best-friend/

^ Barbieri is a no-name kid actor with no previous major background and snagged roles in Homecoming + Dark Tower.

Damn.

Last edited:
Vulture Concept

Official Synopsis:

A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Marvel Studios' Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging superhero in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

And the very long list of cast...

Spider-Man: Homecoming features:
Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Marisa Tomei as May Parker
Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
Michael Keaton as a to-be-confirmed character
Zendaya Coleman as Michelle
Laura Harrier as a to-be-confirmed character
Tony Revolori as Manuel
Michael Barbieri in an undisclosed role
Kenneth Choi in an undisclosed role
Donald Glover in an undisclosed role
Logan Marshall-Green in an undisclosed role
Martin Starr in an undisclosed role
Hannibal Buress in an undisclosed role
Isabella Amara in an undisclosed role
Jorge Lendeborg Jr. in an undisclosed role
J.J. Totah in an undisclosed role
Selenis Leyva in an undisclosed role
Abraham Attah in an undisclosed role
Michael Mando in an undisclosed role
Bokeem Woodbine in an undisclosed role
Garcelle Beauvais in an undisclosed role
Tyne Daly in an undisclosed role
Tiffany Espensen in an undisclosed role
Jacob Batalon in an undisclosed role
Angourie Rice in an undisclosed role

Last edited:
60% of those roles can't possibly be major characters

someone like Hannibal might be in the movie just throw in a couple jokes and thats it

Students, I'm guessing. *shrugs

Trying to really commit to the high school thing instead of just having a couple of scenes set in high school at the beginning like most of the Spidey movies.

I spoke with Garcelle Beauvais a few weeks back. (She has aged very well) and she told she just came back from filming scenes for a film in which she plays a teacher. Called myself trying to flirt with her I asked what was the film called and she told me she couldn't disclose it. I thought that was odd but I was thinking she was trying to be flirty back...

IT MAKES SENSE NOW :wow: :wow: :wow:

I spoke with Garcelle Beauvais a few weeks back. (She has aged very well) and she told she just came back from filming scenes for a film in which she plays a teacher. Called myself trying to flirt with her I asked what was the film called and she told me she couldn't disclose it. I thought that was odd but I was thinking she was trying to be flirty back...

IT MAKES SENSE NOW :wow: :wow: :wow:
So what? :lol:

She's a teacher at the HS Peter goes to.

Nothing to :wow: over. Not like she hinted she's playing a prominent character. Not that their are many black female ones in Spider-Man anyway.

Last edited:
So what? :lol:

She's a teacher at the HS Peter goes to.

Nothing to :wow: over. Not like she hinted she's playing a prominent character. Not that their are many black female ones in Spider-Man anyway.

I just realized she was in the cast. I was questioning to myself who was booking her for roles since I hadn't seen her in anything recently. Midtown High got some sexy teachers :nthat:

I can see it catching you off guard if you didn't know she was in it.

Her and whole bunch of names, word to that list were being posted day a few weeks back.

The way they're doing things it looks like we might 3 to 4 movies of Peter still being in HS.

They are going very old school Spiderman. Ditko should have a cameo in this film along with Stan

Back
Top Bottom