SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters

Since Spider-Man: Homecoming isn’t likely to showcase the adventures Peter had exactly when he returned home, a prelude comic will be released that fills the gap between Civil War and the highly-anticipated 2017 film. A listing on Amazon reveals that a paperback prequel comic, currently titled “Spider-Man: Homecoming Prelude,” will be released on June 20, 2017 (13 days before Homecoming hits the big screen). A description of what appears to be a two-issue series can be found below.

You adored his introduction in Marvel's Captain America: Civil War, you can't wait for his Hollywood Homecoming - now really get to know the Spider-Man of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in this prelude to his big-screen solo adventure! By day, young Peter Parker attends high school and lives with his Aunt May. By night, he fights crime with wall-crawling powers and web-swinging tech - and he's destined to one day have an amazing, spectacular, sensational reputation as his neighborhood's friendly hero! Join Marvel's Spider-Man as he makes his first tentative web-swings towards a blockbuster future!

Last edited:
Tom Holland reveals 6-film contract for Spider-Man, Zendaya Talks ‘Michelle’

Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Spider-Man himself Tom Holland was asked about his deal for playing the wall crawler and replied:

“They give you options, and those could be exercised whenever. Like a cameo in Avengers. I’m unclear as to which movies, though. I do know I have three Spider-Man movies and three solo movies contracted. But if you have another movie, Marvel is so good at working around it. They’re very respectful of your life, really. They understand that you have to work on other movies, and they try and fix it up so you can work around each other.”

In related news, THR also spoke with Zendaya, who plays the role of Michelle in the film, a character rumored to be none other than Mary Jane Watson. Though she and Marvel Studios have denied the report, the outlet took it a step further by asking if her character (whoever she is) was romantically involved with Peter Parker, saying:

“No [laughs]. My character is not romantic. My character is like very dry, awkward, intellectual and because she’s so smart, she just feels like she doesn’t need to talk to people, like “My brain is so far ahead of you that you’re just not really on my level.” So she comes off very weird. But to me, she is very cool because she’s deep. She’s always thinking about something, always reading. I like that. And I also like that I don’t really have to do anything for hair and makeup. I just get to walk in and walk out.”

Tom will be Peter undergoing his transformation into a full-fledged superhero

Zendaya will be Michelle undergoing her transformation into MJ

Last edited:
First teaser trailers expected to be shown at an event this Friday and it supposedly leaked already.

Thanks to @tomhollabr, we have a first look at what appears to be the first teaser poster for Spider-Man: Homecoming. As you can see, it appears to put the wall-crawler's new logo front and centre, and that's a good way for Marvel Studios to make a bold statement. The Twitter account also claims that fans at Brazil's CCXP on Friday will get to see the first teaser trailer for the highly anticipated reboot.

Back
Top Bottom