SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Gonna give Sony this chance. Their worst movies were nowhere near as bad as other studios.

Still not buying they don't leave a backdoor to connect cinematic universes.

What they're not being clear on is if Holland's Spidey can or will show up in these movies.

Gonna give Sony this chance. Their worst movies were nowhere near as bad as other studios.

What they're not being clear on is if Holland's Spidey can or will show up in these movies.

They'd be insanely foolish to not have it tied into the MCU which is why I'm not buying it. Making a Venom movie without Spider-Man in it is essentially setting money on fire which means Spider-Man has to be included in some capacity. The only Spider-Man as of right now is the MCU Spider-Man.

They'd be insanely foolish to not have it tied into the MCU which is why I'm not buying it. Making a Venom movie without Spider-Man in it is essentially setting money on fire which means Spider-Man has to be included in some capacity. The only Spider-Man as of right now is the MCU Spider-Man.

What if this is the start to Spider-Verse or the Clone Saga?

Would be a nice hint with what Dr. Strange established.

Still would not like the idea of seeing somebody new as Spidey even though I'm not the biggest Holland fan.

trailers cool, it felt less epic than the first one

and I guess he ends up using his homemade costume

trailers cool, it felt less epic than the first one

and I guess he ends up using his homemade costume

Nice twist with Tony taking his suit away and him reverting back to a homemade one. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a suit for the final battle though. Gotta sell those toys.

I really hope that plane sequence isn't the final action scene...

It's a nice touch to have him finish up the fight in his homemade suit but I do hope he gets a brand new suit but if he is just going to get the exact same suit, I think it's better he just finish off with the suit he made himself.

I liked the first one more because it made the film more vague, it would have been nice if they didn't show his suit being taken back in the trailer to be honest plus the reveal of Vulture with the epic send off of Spidey swinging with IM was a nice touch.

Yea the trailer should never spell out the plot...

But doubt it'll have any bearing on the movie money wise if it's good

Example. Everyone knows the Beauty and the Beast plot and everyone still seeing that in droves.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought they gave away too much in the trailer.

I hope other Avengers, or even Devenders make cameos.

I thought the trailer was perfect. Everything they showed you we all knew would happen though. I'm not understanding what the issue is. Visually the film looks breathtaking

you're just blinded as you always are, I mean I'd respond but what's the point when you'll just dismiss it and call the movie a masterpiece based on the trailer alone

it's really no surprise that you don't understand what the issue is

:lol: what did they give away?

Also won't be surprised if there isnt another villain.

Not sure what plot you guys got from the trailer.

Civil War trailer looked like it gave away a good portion of the movie. And a lot of what we witnessed didn't paint a complete and accurate picture

So I'm fine reserving judgement on that point. Marvel has earned that at this point

Last edited:
:lol: what did they give away?

Also won't be surprised if there isnt another villain.

Not sure what plot you guys got from the trailer.

shockers in the film

to me, the plot wasn't really anything new that we didn't know from the first trailer but I didn't like seeing all the action sequences and the new settings, like the plane sequence could probably been left out as a surprise in the theaters

you're just blinded as you always are, I mean I'd respond but what's the point when you'll just dismiss it and call the movie a masterpiece based on the trailer alone

it's really no surprise that you don't understand what the issue is

But we saw a trailer with Spider-Man being a teenager and doing superhero things. We saw Tony Stark being a guardian type figure and we saw Spider-Man fighting vulture. What did we see in the trailer that we didn't know was coming? Did we see how Vulture gets defeated? Did we even see shocker? Have we seen Peter interact with Flash Thompson? Do you really think Spider-Man is not gonna have his actual suit for the final act and that he's gonna fight in his homemade suit instead?

We've seen Spider-Man on screen fighting villains and navigating through life, we've never seen Spider-Man interact with other heroes in his universe. That's what the whole point of this movie is. It's gonna be a regular Spider-Man plot but littered with cameos and references to his surrounding Marvel universe. That's the whole point of this film.

ummm, keep reading, I clearly said they showed too much of the action scenes that will happen

and yes I think it is a possiblity he'd finish the fight in his homemade suit, that isn't far fetch at all

We've seen Spider-Man on screen fighting villains and navigating through life, we've never seen Spider-Man interact with other heroes in his universe. That's what the whole point of this movie is. It's gonna be a regular Spider-Man plot but littered with cameos and references to his surrounding Marvel universe. That's the whole point of this film.

and if this is the POINT of this film then it is just sad and the wrong way to go, it pretty much makes it a filler for the other MCU films he'll show up in eventually, in which case, why would you call it a masterpiece then?

all your points are just becoming dumber and dumber, it makes it impressive how Zik can go back and forth with you without taking a senzu bean

Last edited:
I don't think that's the point of the movie.. I think this is going be a lot like the ultimate spiderman.. with tony serving in the fury role

I think we legit see spiderman the high school kid (see first trailer), living and dealing with that aspect of life while obviously still being spiderman

dealing with the whole teenage angst, trying to do too much and taking on way too much

don't remember specifically where, but they said they were going for a john hughes 80s film type of vibe.. and we can see that a bit from the first trailer

I don't get the whole "they showed too much" thing.. they just showed more of the action scenes we saw in trailer 1.. and gave more of a menacing vibe then the 1st trailer

Last edited:
hIpz6ScSHZ-f-a-m-e-l.gif

ummm, keep reading, I clearly said they showed too much of the action scenes that will happen

and yes I think it is a possiblity he'd finish the fight in his homemade suit, that isn't far fetch at all
and if this is the POINT of this film then it is just sad and the wrong way to go, it pretty much makes it a filler for the other MCU films he'll show up in eventually, in which case, why would you call it a masterpiece then?

all your points are just becoming dumber and dumber, it makes it impressive how Zik can go back and forth with you without taking a senzu bean

:lol: 2nd trailer usually shows more action. They had to show us Spider-Man in action since the first trailer was essentially giving us the time of the film. We haven't seen him in action with shocker and we haven't seen him truly in action with vulture, just chopped up pieces here and there.

Spider-Man joining the MCU was specifically so that Spider-Man can be on screen with other Marvel heroes. We're getting that, now people are upset :lol: If Marvel did nothing else right today, they made people talk about another Spider-Man film. No fatigue in sight.

Back
Top Bottom