SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Spider-Man opened in theaters 15 years ago today. 

spiderman.jpg

Damn 15 years!!

[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Still cold blooded how they just stole Ganke from Miles Spidey cuz Peter was pretty much a friendless loser in hs.

And he didn't share his secret with anyone like that and they don't want to tap in to that Ditko loner weirdness.

Nobody cares about wack *** Miles Morales :lol:

Plus they had to appropriate it with today's times. A teenager in today's world can't keep a secret. Look at all these kids banging their teachers and telling about it. No way a kid would have radioactive spider powers and not spill the beans to someone in 2017.

Can't wait!

Last edited:
Nobody cares about wack *** Miles Morales :lol:
You say this and yet the writers/director felt need to steal something from Miles' world because they couldn't appropriate anything from the 15 years or so of Peter being a teenager for today's times.

:lol: @ you rationalizing appropriation/theft.

But yeah sure nobody cares about Miles, the teenage Spidey who better reflects modern times :lol: :rolleyes

Last edited:
You say this and yet the writers/director felt need to steal something from Miles' world because they couldn't appropriate anything from the 15 years or so of Peter b3ing a teenager for today's times.

But yeah sure nobody cares about Miles, the teenage Spidey who better reflects modern times :lol: :rolleyes

Peter's most memorable stories come from him being in ESU not High school. Bendis is unfortunately the defacto source of not only modern Peter but high school Peter as well. Miles along with most legacy characters are just filler. Ganke/Ned is just a refresh for constantly pairing Peter with Harry and a play on diversifying the cast. Nobody signed a petition for ganke to be in a spiderman film and Miles ain't getting no big budget big screen love. He gets relegated to an animated film.

Can't we just be happy that we're going get a good spidey without the raimi campy stuff

Raimi was the best DC could have hoped for when they went with Snyder

Very distinct styles and you're definitely going know it's their movies and it's going be difficult to fit other directors work within the same universe

I like some of raimi' other films, so his quirks don't really bother me.. but at times some of the little stuff is a bit much, but you know you're going get that stuff

You say this and yet the writers/director felt need to steal something from Miles' world because they couldn't appropriate anything from the 15 years or so of Peter b3ing a teenager for today's times.

Peter's most memorable stories come from him being in ESU not High school.
You're just proving my point :lol:

Bendis is unfortunately the defacto source of not only modern Peter but high school Peter as well.
Yet the writers/director couldn't find anything in the 10 years of Bendis stories writing about Peter as a teenager in the ultimate universe to adapt.

Miles along with most legacy characters are just filler.
Yet they stole filler from Miles stories and supporting cast.

I mean not only did they steal Ganke, they're stealing the scene where Ganke finds out Miles is Spider-Man:

04-540x831.jpg

You don't know what you're talking about lame as per usual

Ganke/Ned is just a refresh for constantly pairing Peter with Harry and a play on diversifying the cast.
Really? So it's just a coincidence this character looks like Ganke, same ethnicity as Ganke, and is in a scene directly taken from the comics involving Miles and Ganke.

Talking about a Peter and Harry pairing :lol: You know when Harry found out Peter was Spidey? When he was the Green Goblin. You're refusing to even acknowledge the different dynamics. Harry was played against Peter as the guy that killed his father. Ganke is nothing but the best friend, confidant and emotional support for Miles. If anything their pairing mirrors Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson (no surprise there given Bendis run and love for DD).

Stop now lame. This is pathetic. Go read a comic book or something.
Miles ain't getting no big budget big screen love. He gets relegated to an animated film.
What does this have to do with anything I'm talking about? :lol:

You just sound irrationally salty Miles exists. Trying to downplay his place in Spidey comics.

Last edited:
But I'm specifically speaking in terms of a confidant for Peter. Ok they used Ganke, so what? They could've easily went with the Mary Jane that knows Peter's secret. Ganke was more so implemented for diversity not because fans campaigned for him.

But I'm specifically speaking in terms of a confidant for Peter.
I'm not.

They could've easily went with the Mary Jane that knows Peter's secret.
BUT THEY DIDN'T!

Ganke was more so implemented for diversity
Just another thing lacking from Peter Parker Spider-Man.

not because fans campaigned for him.
You keep saying this like that's my point.

Its so ******* irrelevant :lol: Its like you're just filling your post with bull **** just to have something to say.

Me saying they stole Ganke has nothing to do with fans campaigning. I don't even get how you got to fans campaigned for a character from this character was stolen from this Spider-Man's supporting cast to be in this Spider-Man's supporting cast :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom