SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
As much as I really liked even loved Spiderverse, it didn’t come close to the charm of Homecoming. The ending alone encapsulated everything Peter Parker is supposed to be, humble, gracious, a solo act and unlucky :lol: Spider-Man is the center of the Marvel universe and the MCU made up for lost time once they finally got his movie rights intertwined

I understand and respect your opinion. Homecoming in general (to me) was Peter trying to impress Mr. Stark (Tony) enough to become an Avenger. It had the high school angst and charm as you said but Into The Spider-Verse made me feel a mix of emotions (it even made me cry with Stan Lee's cameo). The story, the conflict, the attention to detail, and pop culture was just impeccable in Into The Spider-Verse.

spiderman_into_the_spiderverse_ver20_xlg.jpg

I dont like to compare live action flicks to animation but Into the Spiderverse was great. Not even gonna argue anyone saying its better than Homecoming. Literally had something for almost every kind of Spidey fan.

7.4/8

With the in-laws in town, may have the opportunity to watch this this week. Can't wait.

Took my son to watch Into the Spiderverse today and it was really really good. The cultural lens that this story was produced in is simply amazing. It just feels authentic, relevant, and true. I know money is always the main objective of movie productions but this really felt like a love letter from comic book lover-turned-professionals to the rest of the world.

Didn't notice it until listening to the Kevin smith podcast on it, but didn't realize miles' dad is not really his dad

Also the symmetry of miles losing his 'uncle'

Didn't notice it until listening to the Kevin smith podcast on it, but didn't realize miles' dad is not really his dad
Based off what?

If it's the last name thing, blame Bendis. He has given no reasoning for the last name other than it being alliterative since his mom's last name is Morales and dad's last name is Davis.

Although, one theory was Miles did not want to go around being known as Miles Davis so he chooses to go by Morales.

Barry A Jenkins, director of "Moonlight" praises Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse:

BarryJenkinsITSV.jpg

This movie is special, man.

Its like the first time seeing "Lion King" or "The Matrix".

Also take some time to peruse the fan art on twitter and IG under the #Spiderverse and #Spidersona tags.

I wanna see silk and some more of the various peter parkers like from the 90s cartoon

And definitely wanna see madame web

Don't think they can but would have been cool if iceman and firestar could have had a cameo

Interested how they gonna market far from home without spoiling end game

I guess not mentioning anything directly related to End Game. End Game has been somewhat spoiled for a while, especially after the announcements of new Spider-Man and Black Panther films. We all know that mostly everyone is coming back. We know that from the comics too.

Rewatched Spider-Man 2. Great movie, forgot how much of a herb Peter was in this. But he bagged Snaggletooth at the end so it worked out.

Back
Top Bottom