Spurs to sign Drew Gooden..

Originally Posted by AirWing03

Originally Posted by jmsole210

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

san-antonio-spurs-with-the-championship-trophy1.jpg

pimp.gif

It's an odd year....99,03,05,07.........2009?
nerd.gif

ess ayche iii tee...
smh.gif

Nahh The Lakers got it this year
pimp.gif

^^ i just hope the Cavs, Spurs, Mavs, or C's dont get it.
i'd prefer the Pistons or Lakers to get it..with that said, go Lakers-for this year

Eh, decent signings by the Spurs and Cavs, Drew must be on schedule to return before the year is over, but as much as I would have liked them to add aservicable big man off the bench, we still have the best record in the league so we'll be fine. I would love to see #5 make his return to Staples though.

Great pickup for the Spurs. Pop is playing it smart this year. He's making sure all his player are healthy going into the playoffs. Last year, Ginobili wasclearly injured against the Lakers. I remember on one play he blew past Kobe and with Gasol right at the rim, he threw up a floater from 15 feet away. Manuusually take it strong to the hoop and draw a foul on those type of plays. As long as the Spurs are healthy during the playoffs, they should compete at a highlevel like always.

I'm a Spurs fan and all, but I'm not thinking Drew Gooden will be that good of an impact. Especially starting to play right before the playoffs. I hopehe pays attention in practice and on the bench.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

I'm a Spurs fan and all, but I'm not thinking Drew Gooden will be that good of an impact. Especially starting to play right before the playoffs. I hope he pays attention in practice and on the bench.

Word. And get rid of the ugly goatee.
ibgo3l.jpg

As a Spurs fan, this doesn't hurt. We lead the league in defensive rebounding and are getting a guy who is a monster on the offensive boards even more thandefensive. He's athletic, 6'10, and can shoot the Kurt Thomas like jumper. Is he as tall as I'd wish? No. I think we needed a shot blocker, but youcan't complain about this move. I think he gives us a lot of depth up front and is a community guy and a team player. Protypical Spur. I wrote up someSpurs march predictions...check them out. http://www.liveabovemediocrity.com/sports/san-antonio-spurs-march-predictions/

Decent signing for the spurs, we just need him to be healthy and contribute on d. I was excited to see pops grow but it seems like his 10 day will be up andanother team will snatch him.
Have a feeling it will be spurs vs cavs for the ship

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Decent signing for the spurs, we just need him to be healthy and contribute on d. I was excited to see pops grow but it seems like his 10 day will be up and another team will snatch him.
Have a feeling it will be spurs vs cavs for the ship
I think it would be a serious mistake for us to let Pops go. But what can we do? We have an overglut of power forwards/centers. Man, I just wishhe would've kept him in the D-League if this was going to happen.

I doubt he gets enough time to contribute 13 and 8. I still see Bonner finishing out the season and starting the playoffs as the starter. Bonner's minuteswill just be reduced

The Spurs could've signed Mikki Moore, Joe Smith, AND Gooden... they still aren't getting past the Lakers.

I'm no Lakers fan but LA has too much talent and the Spurs can't match up with a Gasol, Odom, Bynum (when he returns) frontline. Throw in an effectiveAriza and there you go.

Yes, Manu won't be injured like last year but Bynum won't be, either.

Celtics-Lakers finals this year.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

The Spurs could've signed Mikki Moore, Joe Smith, AND Gooden... they still aren't getting past the Lakers.

I'm no Lakers fan but LA has too much talent and the Spurs can't match up with a Gasol, Odom, Bynum (when he returns) frontline. Throw in an effective Ariza and there you go.

Yes, Manu won't be injured like last year but Bynum won't be, either.

Celtics-Lakers finals this year.

thought bynum was out for the whole season?

Back
Top Bottom