Spy Shots of the 2012 Dodge Charger...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Just sayin'

chargers aren't even the best bang for buck performance sedans on the market

the c63 is...

WRONG sir....
[h1]The Quickest Sedans of 2008: $30,000 to $40,000 - Feature[/h1]

[h1]2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 - Feature[/h1][h2]The Quickest Sedans of 2008: $30,000 to $40,000[/h2]

Pages: 1234567891011Photos

[h2]In This Story[/h2]

[h2]Visit Our Buyer's Guide »[/h2]
[h3]Dodge Charger[/h3][h3]News & Reviews[/h3]
Base price: $37,010
0-to-60-mph time: 4.8 sec
Quarter-mile time: 13.2 sec @ 109 mph

How does Dodge manage to put more than two tons ahead of such pedigreed track stars as the Evolution and 335i? Simple. Throw lots of cubic inches at it, 370 to be exact. With 6.1 liters of V-8 madness beneath that snorty hood, the Charger SRT8 sends 425 horses rearward for transformation into thrust or smoke—you decide. Driven for optimal speed, the Charger SRT8 hustles to 60 in 4.8 seconds and looks and sounds quick while doing it. Perhaps mindful of the car’s bruiser status, Dodge placed the traction control switch within finger-flicking range of the shift lever, should you want to scratch the burnout itch. Although this isn’t a “10 Fastest Sedans

and for people who's mouse button can't click....

CHARGER SRT-8

Standing ¼-mile: 13.2 sec @ 109 mph
EVO X

Standing ¼-mile: 13.8 sec @ 102 mph

charger CLEARLY wins from da factory...look at that torque power on da dodge
sick.gif
pimp.gif

not even a second faster

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

yo who here has actually driven a charger?

hp doesn't = performance

for output, yeah, huge american v8s are the best for the $$ hands down

but id take handling over power any day personally. power is cheap in the aftermarket
I've driven every trim.. the 2.4L(talk about slow
smh.gif
), sxt, r/t, and srt

the r/t and srt are very fast, and the torque is just 
sick.gif
everything else though? terrible. the ride isn't comfy at all (mind you, my acura was slammed on coilovers so i know what a %$+%@@ ride is suppose to feel like), suspension noise was just
tired.gif
, interior was cheap(they couldn't even put cloth over the speaker grills
smh.gif
), going over bumps u heard every little rattle..it's an all around %$+%@@ car. you take the hemi out, and you got a over sized neon
laugh.gif

if i had 40k and needed a daily driver, the last car i'd get is a charger.

and your talking about da EVO has a BETTER ride?
laugh.gif

son c'mon.....

everything you've said i've proven it with facts that you were wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/v/qvNHbd9vgYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/qvNHbd9vgYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&

you gonna have to come harder then "ride handling" monday
grin.gif
laugh.gif
if anything da editors were COMPLAINING that suspension was SOFTER then what appealed

to them.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I mean, since we wanna bring up old vehicles from prior years, I might as well...

EVOo.jpg

Hi! I'm the 06' Evolution IX MR

Base Price: $34,199
0-60: 4.4sec
Quarter Mile: 12.9 @106.2MPH

Honestly, it's not even close. MR will demolish the SRT8.

It doesn't matter...da charger has more hp and is bigger so it's better

LULZ

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Bro, stop talking out of your a**. Have you ever actually driven an M series or a CTS-V? and I don't mean just crusing down the street, I mean actually push the car? You're basing EVERYTHING on reviews of companies that for the most part have bashed BMW. The CTS-V doesn't outdo the M series in anything except power...and thats even arguable because from a dig the CTS will win, but from a roll the M5 will win.Both cars are good in their own perspective and thats where it should be left at. 

Roll racing is pointless.

CHARGER SRT-8

EVO X

sick.gif
pimp.gif

not even a second faster

how much BIGGER is da charger....im keeping up with a TANK, thats naturally aspirated....c'mon man, you making this too easy
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
thats what i said before it takes that much more HP and torque and its not even a sec faster.... why do you wanna bring up the SRT8 up in the arguement now ninja?? what happen to the all mighty 300c?

thats what im talking about though

suspension is soft which means poor handling

soft suspension doesnt automatically mean a nice ride though. i personally didnt find the charger ride to be uncomfortable but then again im not picky about that sort of thing. its no benz but it was comfortable enough imo

imma make it REAL simple for ya to understand, da charger = missmatch position in basketball

its either BIGGER, STRONGER, and/or FASTER then cars priced in its same class

and its WAY LESS EXPENSIVE then cars with similar performance for other luxury brand...you can't beat that.

period.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
thats what i said before it takes that much more HP and torque and its not even a sec faster.... why do you wanna bring up the SRT8 up in the arguement now ninja?? what happen to the all mighty 300c?
i guess someone forgot

Chrysler-300-SRT8.jpeg

when i speak SRT-8 charger, it goes without saying it ALSO applies to da 300-SRT 8 counterpart.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

CHARGER SRT-8

EVO X

sick.gif
pimp.gif
not even a second faster

how much BIGGER is da charger....im keeping up with a TANK, thats naturally aspirated....c'mon man, you making this too easy
laugh.gif

Why you keep going at the Evo X? Because you know in stock form it doesn't have the performance capability as the Evo IX. The SRT8 has over 100 more HP/TRQ on the Evo IX and still can not touch it in 0-60 or in the quarter mile. it will beat it around a track, gymkana or dirt road. Still get groceries, seat all the kids in the back and stop faster too. Stock vs. stock, Evo IX will beat your precious SRT8. Let's not even talk a modded 4G63...

Originally Posted by Munfy

Bro, stop talking out of your a**. Have you ever actually driven an M series or a CTS-V? and I don't mean just crusing down the street, I mean actually push the car? You're basing EVERYTHING on reviews of companies that for the most part have bashed BMW. The CTS-V doesn't outdo the M series in anything except power...and thats even arguable because from a dig the CTS will win, but from a roll the M5 will win.Both cars are good in their own perspective and thats where it should be left at. 

lol....why is that? I'm going to guess that your car doesn't do well up top and thats why you think its pointless. Otherwise, you're an idiot.

soft suspension doesnt automatically mean a nice ride though. i personally didnt find the charger ride to be uncomfortable but then again im not picky about that sort of thing. its no benz but it was comfortable enough imo
I didn't expect much from it but the car rode worse than mine and i was on rubber bands for tires and track suspension

IMO, you price the srt 8 at 30k-33k fully loaded and you got a decent car.

EVO IX

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan

ESTIMATED PRICE AS TESTED: $35,700 (estimated base price: $35,700)

ENGINE TYPE: turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve inline-4, iron block and aluminum head, port fuel injection
Displacement: 122 cu in, 1997cc
Power (SAE net): 286 bhp @ 6500 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 289 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 6-speed manual

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 103.3 in Length/width/height: 178.5/69.7/57.1 in
Curb weight: 3300 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 11.9 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.4 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 13.4 sec @ 104 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 155 ft

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA fuel economy, city driving: 19 mpg

BASE PRICE: $37,010

ENGINE TYPE: pushrod 16-valve V-8, iron block and aluminum heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 370 cu in, 6059cc
Power (SAE net): 425 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 420 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 5-speed automatic

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 120.0 in
Length: 200.1 in
Width: 74.5 in
Height: 57.7 in
Curb weight: 4274 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.8 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 11.2 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 19.9 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.2 sec
Top speed (redline limited): 173 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 168 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.90 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 14/20 mpg

yeah....forced induced outta da factory, and its ONLY 2/10th of a second faster......and da charger weigh nearly 1000 more pounds
laugh.gif
..some whoopin
eyes.gif
roll.gif

I didn't expect much from it but the car rode worse than mine and i was on rubber bands for tires and track suspension

IMO, you price the srt 8 at 30k-33k fully loaded and you got a decent car.
yeah because others are offering what da SRT8 offers standard for cheaper right?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Ninjahood, you keep talking about the Charger's size/weight as if it's a positive. Generally speaking, the bigger/heavier a car is, the worse it handles. A lot of people (including myself) would rather have a smaller, lighter car than a big, understeering tank that isn't as much fun to drive.

There aren't any specs you can post that demonstrate steering feel, which the Charger has none of.

laugh.gif
Thank god people like Clarkson know what real performance cars are all about.

Ninja, come back when you actually own a car.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
i guess someone forgot

Chrysler-300-SRT8.jpeg

when i speak SRT-8 charger, it goes without saying it ALSO applies to da 300-SRT 8 counterpart.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
... you know damn well you were talking about the regular hemi not the SRT8 until i proved you wrong... you asked me to find a import with the same MSRP with that run better stock #'s... The 300c SRT8 is $42,000.... thats 12g's more then the EVO and only does .6sec faster... take the L

lol....why is that? I'm going to guess that your car doesn't do well up top and thats why you think its pointless. Otherwise, you're an idiot.

No I pull very well up top, People roll race because A) they can't get traction B) they are a slower car and want to get in there rpm band, especially if it's boosted. It doesn't matter to me I'll still walk on em' if they want to roll. It's not even fun what like 15 or 40 or a 60 roll to 150-160, not exciting. I would much rather do it from a dig but that's just me. You keep roll racing. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

CHARGER SRT-8

EVO X

sick.gif
pimp.gif
not even a second faster
laugh.gif

Why you keep going at the Evo X? Because you know in stock form it doesn't have the performance capability as the Evo IX. The SRT8 has over 100 more HP/TRQ on the Evo IX and still can not touch it in 0-60 or in the quarter mile. it will beat it around a track, gymkana or dirt road. Still get groceries, seat all the kids in the back and stop faster too. Stock vs. stock, Evo IX will beat your precious SRT8. Let's not even talk a modded 4G63...

there you go ninja.. a import and can beat your SRT8 that is STOCK AND CHEAPER.... TAKE THE L

This thread is funny and got me confused at the same time...the CTS-V and the Charger have been the two cars I ve been thinking about buying since I came back from Iraq.

The Charger is all but knocked out the race though after seeing a million of them in Chicago and I know pretty much everyone look down on American cars back in Seattle.

...think I am going to start researching the Infiniti g37.

Either way, who are yall racing?

If yall aren't legally racing why bring up racing numbers?

It's kinda like people with expensive cell phones who don't use any of the capabilities

Are yall racing to the burger king drive thru?

No I pull very well up top, People roll race because A) they can't get traction B) they are a slower car and want to get in there rpm band, especially if it's boosted. It doesn't matter to me I'll still walk on em' if they want to roll. It's not even fun what like 15 or 40 or a 60 roll to 150-160, not exciting. I would much rather do it from a dig but that's just me. You keep roll racing. 
laugh.gif
You still haven't said what you drive.

Back
Top Bottom