Star Wars Appreciation

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Shadows of the Empire...AKA Episode 5.5
pimp.gif

--We can all agree that Attack of The Clones is the worst one, but still..the Clone War battle at the end and Yoda using a lightsaber for the first time is still
eek.gif
The books (and comics) lost me at teh Vosh Yong (sp?)

My son loves the movies and has tons of the GALACTIC HERO action figures and ships...he believes that the internet is only used to find new GH and LegoSW toys.
laugh.gif

That said...Empire>New Hope>Return>Revenge>Clones....................................>Phantom

And didn't Lucas spend like 15 months casting the first movie in the 70s? I would love to see who all audtioned for the prequels and just how the hellboth Anakin's were cast.

Originally Posted by shaft

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Shadows of the Empire...AKA Episode 5.5
pimp.gif

--We can all agree that Attack of The Clones is the worst one, but still..the Clone War battle at the end and Yoda using a lightsaber for the first time is still
eek.gif
The books (and comics) lost me at teh Vosh Yong (sp?)

My son loves the movies and has tons of the GALACTIC HERO action figures and ships...he believes that the internet is only used to find new GH and LegoSW toys.
laugh.gif

That said...Empire>New Hope>Return>Revenge>Clones....................................>Phantom

And didn't Lucas spend like 15 months casting the first movie in the 70s? I would love to see who all audtioned for the prequels and just how the hell both Anakin's were cast.

Not PT auditions, but how crazy would it have been if Kurt Russell was Han Solo?
eek.gif
�� I can't picture anybody besides Harrison Ford being him
http://www.youtube.com/v/nix_PID3oiA?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/nix_PID3oiA?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/ttmUIaI7uVI?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/ttmUIaI7uVI?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

Mace Windu did NOT defeat Palpatine in any way. Palpatine knew Anakin would come back so he let Windu kick his @#$ to gain Anakin's support.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

But......the best book out (that I read) is the one that takes place between Episode V and Episode VI...book is dope as hell:

0553574132.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
i never read that book, but i did play this

6dyf6s.jpg

loved that @$#$
pimp.gif

I never had a problem with Hayden Christensen - I just thougt he was let down by crap writing.

^ Yep, I agree. My problem wasn't the casting... it was the writing/script...

Star%20Wars%20Knights%20of%20the%20Old%20Republic.jpg

If you own a PC or Xbox and haven't already I highly recommend playing KOTOR. Its easily one of the best games ive ever played.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Mace Windu did NOT defeat Palpatine in any way. Palpatine knew Anakin would come back so he let Windu kick his @#$ to gain Anakin's support.

Looked like Palpatine was trying to me.

How was Palpatine suppose to know Anakin was going to come or not?

Originally Posted by parada45

Yeah, I doubt he could've beat Mace in a lightsaber duel, but he knew he was in Anakin's head and was counting on him to "help" him in someway

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

i think someone with advanced jedi skills can foresee future events to some extent

That is true

He just looked unsure and really scared

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

nawlinsjunkie wrote:

Yeah, I doubt he could've beat Mace in a lightsaber duel, but he knew he was in Anakin's head and was counting on him to "help" him in some way

No one's touching Mace in a duel besides Qui Gon. Palpatine would have been destroyed easily if he went straight on with Mace. He had to have known at thatpoint Anakin was wrapped around his finger.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Star%20Wars%20Knights%20of%20the%20Old%20Republic.jpg

If you own a PC or Xbox and haven't already I highly recommend playing KOTOR. Its easily one of the best games ive ever played.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
oh hell yes KOTOR... can't wait for old republic!

I know it's about 10 years too lately but for those who are willing to sit through a 70 minute review...DEFINITELY watch this review of the phantom menaceand while it was a steaming pile of poo. Very funny and sooo insightfully true!

nah, i don't think he was completely sure either.

like, he didn't foresee that he was gonna get chucked down that vent by his own apprentice, darth vader.

Palpatine had to try, Windu is the greatest Jedi Swordsman and even invented a sixth style of lightsabe fighting. basically what this book is about.
shatterpoint.jpg

basically these crazy aliens come into the galaxy and start murking on the newly formed Galactic Alliance, the first fight is at a planet called Serpindal andthe invaders crash a moon into the planet, and chewie sacrifices himself to save the solo's kid.

Originally Posted by CPinoy

Clone wars on cartoon network is sooo lame

nah, people just sleep on it b/c Ashoka(Anakin's padawan) turns alot of people off on the show. I don't necessarily care about the character, butbesides her, the show's good.

Those 5 minute shorts that were on Cartoon Network like six years back were hella better.

not feelin that digital crap.

back when i was grounded in high school all i did was get into star wars. i read shatterpoint, thrawn series, survivors quest. this threads making me wanna goback, but i dont think spending all my free time in college reading star wars books is a good look.

Back
Top Bottom